• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS and OoT

Link19x

Freak on a leash xp
im starting to get the feeling that skyward sword WILL top ocarina of time. first of all, controls. I think the controls are awesome and the gameplay we have seen so far works fine with the wmp. then comes the difficulty. skyward sword most probably will be a harder game, since enemies are now smarter, and it seems that enemies take one heart out of Link in one hit, instead of just half. <---- correct me if im wrong about this. then the exploration elements will be vastly improved, since nintendo stated there will be larger fields, and more things to discover.
I think the story will also be very unique and probably will be the best one we've had in a zelda game. well, those are my thoughts. What about you? do you think ss will be better than oot?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I think your right, I have that feeling as well. It's as if we are at the brink of discovering just how great this game will be and I don't think the entire Zelda community is wrong when we have been saying we wanted a game bigger and better than the one we saw in TP. Somewhere on this forum people have asked if SS will build off of TP like MM did on OoT, but i think it will be an even bigger jump than that. The differences and similarities between those games makes it hard to compare them but SS will no doubt slay TP, maybe not in terms of graphics but in every other area (combat, puzzles, exploration etc) SS will shine.

I also have a hunch that we will learn some important info about the game around the holidays =) release date plz?

I agree. OoT is a great game and all but it is not my favorite and I have seen 4 Zelda games outshine OoT since it came out (don't hate). But OoT will always be remembered for bringing the series into 3D. Skyward Sword will definitely top OoT and probably TP. I think the the motion controls will add a level of challenge to the game and that it will be extremely vast and the densest overworld in a Zelda game to date, which will add to the epic scope of the game. (Great Sea sized overworld anyone?)

C

Connieur

I agree with you all. Though I am not so professional about this, I will learn more from this and from you all.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I love OoT, but I have the same feeling now too. Nintendo has been working on SS for about 5 years now (or was it 6?). Either way, that's a long time. Now, I'm not too sure about how evolved the story is going to be in SS because they've mainly been focusing on the gameplay. But that isn't a bad thing at all. I mean, OoT's story wasn't really that unique: save the kingdom and save the princess. We've all heard it before. What made OoT so revolutionary was the gameplay. Games had never been done that way before. Now, I don't think SS's gameplay will be "ground-breaking" or anything, but it's going to be quite different from the usual Zelda formula. Although I am scared of the changes that Nintendo has been talking about, I'm still all for something new. I don't want to keep playing the same thing over and over again.
However, even though I'm not too sure about the story of SS being very evolved, I still know that it's going to be unique. We're going to learn why to two lands split in half, and as long as it involves some sort of mystery to it that's not completely easy to solve, I think it'll be incredible. I want to keep guessing at why things happened the way they did, but I don't want to be right in the first couple of tries. In fact, I want to be wrong x) I want Nintendo to give us something interesting, something we would have never thought of.
Not to mention that the difficulty has been increased!! I'm so excited about this in SS because TP was lacking in the difficulty range. Midna told you practically everything (although I won't say that the entire TP game was easy; I hated that stupid water temple >>; ). Enemies taking an entire heart from Link and actually avoiding your attacks is really going to help make SS a hard game. I can only imagine what the bosses will be like! However, I would like to see a little more difficulty with the bosses. Nobody knows if the giant scorpion is going to be in the final game, but if it is, I hope they make it a little more difficult to defeat. When I say this, I mean that I don't want to look at the thing and say, "Oh look. I have to swing my sword at its eyes." I want it to be a little more complicated than that to the point where you have to actually think about what the boss' weak point could be and how you're going to take the boss down. OoT's bosses weren't much of a fight, and that kind of upset me (but Twinrova was my favorite battle! It was lots of fun!). Hopefully Nintendo has incorporated all of this into SS.
I'm thinking that one of the goals Nintendo has in mind for this upcoming Zelda game is that they want it to surpass OoT. Yes, OoT has been in the hearts of Zelda fans for over 10 years now and it always will be. And if SS surpasses OoT (like I think and hope that it will), then that game shall always live on in our hearts too. Each Zelda game has a special place for every person, and SS will find its place too. Even though it makes me a little sad that OoT might be brought down from the throne, I think it's time for us to let it go as the greatest game we know of in the Zelda series (and not all people think that, I'm aware of it). OoT has reigned for a long, long time now, and if SS claims the crown, then I will gladly watch OoT step aside to let SS shine.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well I sure hope SS will go up to #1 in the world, but I don't know if it'll happen. It might shoot up like SMG 2, but then ease its way down. But like PJDEP, I also think it's too early to tell.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I just know there's going to be many references in Skyward Sword that is going to make us geeks very excited and think a lot. I do feel that Nintendo could pull another perfect off with this one since they did with Mario Galaxy 2. There's a lot we don't know about Skyward Sword so all we can do is wait and expect the best out of this game. After all this is the longest Zelda game in development. I just have high hopes for this game and can't wait to see more of the story, land, characters, enemies, dungeons, familiar faces, familiar places, and many references.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Now now, I'm looking forward to SS as much as the next person, but if you keep on building up these impossible expectations then you're bound to get hurt.
I'm not saying that SS is going to be bad; I'm quite excited for the game as well, but we can't truly gauge its worth until we finally get to play it, so my suggestion would be to save judgment until then.
I want to believe it'll be just as great, if not greater, than OoT, but as I said before, you can't set your expectations so high else you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Sorry to sound like a downer, but I'm just sayin'.
But, I admit, it's hard for me to contain my excitement when I think about it. I just get squeaky and put on a big smile.
:sweat:
So embarrassing.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Now now, I'm looking forward to SS as much as the next person, but if you keep on building up these impossible expectations then you're bound to get hurt.
I'm not saying that SS is going to be bad; I'm quite excited for the game as well, but we can't truly gauge its worth until we finally get to play it, so my suggestion would be to save judgment until then.
I want to believe it'll be just as great, if not greater, than OoT, but as I said before, you can't set your expectations so high else you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Sorry to sound like a downer, but I'm just sayin'.
But, I admit, it's hard for me to contain my excitement when I think about it. I just get squeaky and put on a big smile.
:sweat:
So embarrassing.

Whoa Whoa WHOA!!! Even if this game doesn't top Ocarina with a perfect 10 from IGN, I won't care because it will be in the 9s and will give me a good Zelda experience just like any other Zelda game. Nintendo really sucks at disappointing us, and are working really hard on Skyward Sword for too long. Trust me, I have a gift on knowing these things.

All I'm really saying is what I expect from the next Zelda game because all the other main Zelda games have done it. Just think positive for now and don't jinx anything bad. If it ends up bad then let's not turn into babies and whine and complain because it is what it is.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but it's always better to think positive. Anyone who is being a sad sap is just trying to get sympathy from God to make the game good.

Last edited:

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
Don't see it happening, personally.

People love OoT becuase of what it did fpr the video game industry. It was revolutionary for its time, and it would take a heck of a lot from Skyward Sword to even come close to that kind of innovation. Motion controls just don't cut it in that regard.

This reminds me SO much of TP......

Because, yeah, TP was supposed to top OoT right? We got all excited, we KNEW it was going to be better. We didn't have any info, but we KNEW it was going to be better. I guess this trend will continue forever, and I'll be able to say "I told you so" if we get another TP and everyone is disappointed because we made the exact same mistake as last time. It's too early to tell, and I suggest you all purge the though from your mind until we at least get more info.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Anything that's harder than OoT will definitely top it. OoT was one pretty epic game, but was too easy. The sidequests weren't that fun and there wasn't that much to do besides the biggoron sword quest and the heart containers and fairy fountains and skullatas. I preferred the side quests in MM more and the skullata houses were much more fun to do. My favorite game will always be the original. It was the most realistic and hardest game for the Zelda series and all it lacked really was puzzles that OoT pretty much had. But putting the puzzles OoT had in a 2-D game would be near-impossible. I hope that SS will require exploration. We know it will be hard and will have puzzles, I just hope it has tons of exploration. It's pretty much already the ultimate Zelda game, and it hasn't even been released yet.lol Let's just say that SS will be an EPIC game with the three most EPIC games combined into one...
MM/TP (Because telling by the 2009 artwork it will have a dark story to it)
OoT (Puzzles and Epic story)
LoZ (Because of it's difficulty and hopefully it will require amounts of exploration and secrets)

Also, people keep saying that it looks like TP and WW into one design, but to me; it looks a lot like OoT with re-vamped graphics.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy

I agree to that, It's releasing soon enough so I won't have a problem waiting, my main problem is money, I just bought an Otamatone(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLB70G-tRY&feature=youtube_gdata) cuz it looked cool, and I didn't realize i'd wasted my money until a day after...

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
It will be a great game, but I'll see the completed game to see if it is better, in my word, SKYWARD SWORD FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way toward the sky......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom