• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Square Enix Mafia

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think that whoever the ninja is on the scum team probably has a second role as well. Like alana did with her strongman, since they're probably counted as modifiers in this case.

We likely have Babyface Godfather and Ninja (something). And most likely role that would go with that imo is roleblocker.

RavenRaziel98

Yeah baby, I am the lizard king!
nobody on town is claiming to be responsible so a non-town player somehow being responsible seems to be the most likely case. Do you know the names of the players who's items you've taken?
I can understand where you're coming from, I'ld think the same way if I was in your shoes

I don't like the term taken, they were rather forced upon me
At first I thought I don't because I didn't read the messages properly but yes, I do, Seanzie, ExLight, CynicalSquid, my own and Mikeys (don't blame me for Seanzie and Mikey, got Seanzies because of some hidden mechanic that I don't had any influence on and Mikeys was distributed to me after he got mod killed)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i guess by process of elimination numbers is the only person who hasn't claimed and thus the only person who could be responsible unless a non-town somehow did it, so numbers is probably town

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
neon is then the only reasonable elimination today in my mind

Ragnarokio

it could have in theory been a passive scum ability that triggered when targeted or something similar, which would make neon scum anyways

Ragnarokio

or alternatively related to one of the mystery mechanics (ala seanzie) raven referred to. I still think it points towards numbers being town.

9: 15377 - Unknown. Refuses to claim. Seemed unusually protective of neon when neon was "outed" by investigative role. Neon, on the other hand, immediately voted numbers after being outed. Suggests that if neon flips scum he is a strong scum candidate. Speaks in full sentences. Unsure about mobile status. Has been playing very lazily this game, so hard to read.

**** if calling Neon practically dead to rights caught scum is protecting I'd hate to see the alternative.

I did say your actions moved to discredit Mikey because Mikey presented his information as hard truths instead of interpretations but that doesn't change the information he had presented just allowed wiggle room on discrediting further information. This set up a Neon/Rag scum team, propped by Neon covering your ability use N2. Honestly the only thing deterring me from that option right now is that Mikey said you hit him with positive utility since you've had a plethora of full sentences yourself (not exclusively though mind). But even still, you chose to hit a claimed passive as a claimed motivator because he was your townliest read. But if you feel like he's truthful and don't expect to actually have an effect with your role the action is pretty much just for show so even that isn't a heavy deterrent.

Switching gears, Raven is for real SK. They've "gained the items" of every dead person so far even when said person didn't meet the criteria of their claim. That holstered ability they have? Probably a kill.

Ragnarokio

i use a sort of camel case when writing. My first sentence in a paragraph always begins with a lowercase letter and the first letter of each subsequent sentence is capitalized. I wouldn't be surprised if i occasionally broke this pattern since its not something I do consciously but it seems to hold up pretty well. I also only use periods for posts that contain multiple sentences.

But even still, you chose to hit a claimed passive as a claimed motivator because he was your townliest read.

i said this earlier, but I didn't see mikey as a claimed passive. He claimed that he was a miller but that his role had a positive side as well, which easily could have taken the form of an activated ability. Its also still possible that he did have an activated ability, depending on how his role was implemented.

i'm also angling for a Neon elim at the moment, if that wasn't clear. I decided you're probably town and that you stole my item.

RavenRaziel98

**** if calling Neon practically dead to rights caught scum is protecting I'd hate to see the alternative.

I did say your actions moved to discredit Mikey because Mikey presented his information as hard truths instead of interpretations but that doesn't change the information he had presented just allowed wiggle room on discrediting further information. This set up a Neon/Rag scum team, propped by Neon covering your ability use N2. Honestly the only thing deterring me from that option right now is that Mikey said you hit him with positive utility since you've had a plethora of full sentences yourself (not exclusively though mind). But even still, you chose to hit a claimed passive as a claimed motivator because he was your townliest read. But if you feel like he's truthful and don't expect to actually have an effect with your role the action is pretty much just for show so even that isn't a heavy deterrent.

Switching gears, Raven is for real SK. They've "gained the items" of every dead person so far even when said person didn't meet the criteria of their claim. That holstered ability they have? Probably a kill.
Then why do I've gotten items from all those people if I obviously haven't killed any of them? Also I can just target someone to proof that I don't have a killing ability. Despite, if I would have an actually hostile role I wouldn't have claimed at all, and especially not that early and to the extent that I did. I may suck at reading people, I may suck at building cases, but I'm certainly not that stupid. I would've just shut up until pushed to claim, I would have had more than enough time to make something up by then, something that is way safer than the stuff I've claimed. I can understand a certain distrust, but I get the impression that people don't actually invest time in analyzing what I do and how I do it but instead just go with the indep must be a threat agenda. Hell, even if I would just be going after my solo win con and not tell anyone about it's existence, why painting a target on my back over and over again, drawing attention towards me if I'm up to something fishy? I'm reaching out olive branches over and over again, yet people just spit in my face in return.

Ragnarokio

the reason you would have claimed indept is so that the mafia don't kill you. You would have selectively hid, shared, and lied about details of your role with town to make yourself seem like as small of a threat as possible, but if you have kill immunity would feel relatively safe knowing that even if you do get lynched you won't die.

RavenRaziel98

Certainly but I would have had a way smoother experience if I would have just claimed survivor in that case so there would've been no point at all to get this detailed.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Fwiw, I'm not bothered with Raven and we should be able to finish the game before he gets all the items. I believe that he also has a survivor win con, so he can help town win if needs be.

Ragnarokio

If Numbers role is stealing items why hasn't anyone else claimed a stolen item?

either because he holstered other nights, got blocked, targeted a player that died before they could claim (though i don't think anyone fits the bill that raven hasn't claimed?), can only steal under certain conditions that were only fulfilled n2, only had a 1-shot item steal effect, has an ability that copies other abilities (maybe he targeted raven and that let him steal mine passively?), stole from a mafia aligned player, or any number of other things

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
either because he holstered other nights, got blocked, targeted a player that died before they could claim (though i don't think anyone fits the bill that raven hasn't claimed?), can only steal under certain conditions that were only fulfilled n2, only had a 1-shot item steal effect, has an ability that copies other abilities (maybe he targeted raven and that let him steal mine passively?), stole from a mafia aligned player, or any number of other things

He couldn't have targeted Seanzie n1, since Raven got his item. Night 2 yours was stolen. N3 Neon claims to have jailed him, but he also claims to have not used any activated abilities n3 either. Mafia would likely claim a stolen item because there would be no downside to it, and it could make whoever took it look bad for not speaking up earlier.

I find it weird to have a 1x item thief that's town, because it doesn't really seem like items do anything? Other than maybe the fact that it would make Raven unsure who to target to get items if town is missing some, but I'm that case it would likely be more than 1x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom