• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds *SPOILERS* Ravio *SPOILERS*

Fig

The Altruist
Whether or not a person has finished the game, I will put in spoilers:
Ravio is without a doubt the best character in the entire game. He probably has the best character development in the entire series! What I really love about Ravio is how perfect of a counterpart he is for Link. He was the chosen hero in Lorule yet didn't have the courage to become a full-fledged hero but ultimately couldn't save Princess Hilda from the temptation of Yuga. After discovering that there was a portal to the land of Hyrule, he decided to see if there was a hero to help him out with his predicament of Yuga. As the game continued to progress, I started to grow fonder of quirky character. By spending more time with Ravio via the purchasing his items, I truly felt a connection with Ravio as I am somewhat the same as him in terms of personality. The end of the game is what truly got me because of the way how everything went for Ravio! He was at peace and was filled with such joy when Lorule was returning to its former glory! Ravio is one of the best NPC that the series has ever had!

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Finding out who Ravio is/was at the end of the game actually gave me quite the surprise. (I prefer Ravio's look minus the weird bunny hat over Link's look.)

In a way, Ravio reminds me of Midna. We didn't find out who Midna was and what she looked like until the end of the game. So in way, I find this whole Ravio concept to be like Midna's concept reborn. Let's look at the comparison.

Well first of all, Ravio is needed to progress in the game. Whereas Ravio only rips you off for weapons and items in the game, Midna literally helps you progress to different point in the game. Ravio also gives you that bracelet thingy so you can merge with the walls (which was SO COOL) while Midna gives you the power to transform back and forth between wolf and human.

Another comparison is the surprise both Ravio and Midna have at the end of the games, looks wise. I was surprised with him being Link's Lorule version. And I'm pretty sure no one expected Midna to change that much.

Ravio and Midna are also from the "Dark Worlds" of the games. The Twilight Realm and Lorule are very similar as they are different realms and have a similarity to Hyrule.

Interesting comparison but except for a few points you made I don't see then as all that similar, that said still an interesting comparison, Midna is one of my absolute favorite characters in the series.

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
I was still getting over the plot twist before Ravio announced who he was that I was kind of irritated with Ravio. I was like "wtf first this now this" but I did quite enjoy it after I got over the shock

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I honestly did not see it coming that Ravio is a parallel Link, when Ravio swooped in at the end, I was like, "Why the heck is Ravi-OH MY GOSH!" Then I liked him even more. Alt. costume in SSB4? Eh? EH?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Well, when I beat the game, I wasn't surprised that Ravio is Link's Lorule counterpart. I was surprised that I guessed and was RIGHT. What makes that more stupid/hilarious is the fact that I guessed it to make fun of it, then turned out to be right. And he revealed it at the exact time I thought he would. Seriously, what in the world?

I think he's freaking awesome, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom