• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds *SPOILERS* Ravio *SPOILERS*

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
Don't look if you didn't beat A Link Between Worlds this contains spoilers

Does any one else thing that besides being a merchant that Ravio was more important that just that? I was surprised who Ravio was, then again He did have some sort of presence that he had. I think it's fitting that his the opposite of link, I think he was an awesome character. His little bird was cool too.
What are your guy's impressions of the game. I also know a lot of ZD members have beaten the game more than once (somehow), I only beat it once but I think it's a very good game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ravio being the opposite of Link is right, they even realized that he is supposed to be a coward which is great. Oh, and the fact that he has htat bag of money makes things especially awesome - he comes from not so humble beginnings whereas Link is almost always that poor guy who relies on others (in the beginning).

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Ravio being Lorule's hero and the he has resemblances to Link are the only things that make him the alternative to Link. This is probably the case because the guy who is actually supposed to Lorule's hero, who would obviously be related to Ravio as a brother, decided to be a villain instead, which is why Ravio is the hero instead of his brother. I know we haven't seen anything on Ravio having a brother at all, however, the fact that Ravio's name isn't in anyway similar to Link's let alone have a relative meaning to it and Ravio's outfit isn't necessarily all that the same, plus to mention that Ravio never had any evil intentions before, I'd say that pretty much all that is enough facts as it is to at least suggest that Ravio originally wasn't supposed Lorule's hero and that he had a brother who was the one that was originally supposed to be Lorule's hero but Ravio's brother turns evil and that's why Ravio is the Hero of Lorule instead of his brother who is the true opposite of Link. Also, cowardliness isn't the only alternative to courage as there's also carnage and valor, carnage being a bad alternative which is what Ravio's brother would be all about and valor being a good alternative which is what Ravio is actually all about.

I think the reason for Ravio's cowardly actions is because he was hunted down by Hilda, Yuga, and lurking in background somewhere nowhere to seen, possibly his brother and that also the fact that Ravio, currently at that moment didn't have a sword or shield to defend himself with. It's not that Ravio was ever afraid, it's that he witnessed his home be overcome by evil again, that he feels like he failed Hilda, and that the evil ones came after him and his people like a storm, Hilda's sudden betrayal, Yuga being unleashed because of that, Ravio became depressed because off all and lost his valor of hope, especially since he probably knew that had happened could all be the fault of Ravio's brother but we don't know that cause it's not mentioned in the game and plus knowing Nintendo, they'd probably never confirm that thus leaving it a mystery for a very long time, at least officially wise anyways. Plus Ravio originally at first wouldn't want tell this to Link anyways at until he's earned his trust and that Link has earned his, however, he'd still skeptical and afraid to reveal his backstory Link cause he probably doesn't want to be reminded of those horrible times of his life.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now, I'm tired. :tired:

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ravio being Lorule's hero and the he has resemblances to Link are the only things that make him the alternative to Link. This is probably the case because the guy who is actually supposed to Lorule's hero, who would obviously be related to Ravio as a brother, decided to be a villain instead, which is why Ravio is the hero instead of his brother. I know we haven't seen anything on Ravio having a brother at all, however, the fact that Ravio's name isn't in anyway similar to Link's let alone have a relative meaning to it and Ravio's outfit isn't necessarily all that the same, plus to mention that Ravio never had any evil intentions before, I'd say that pretty much all that is enough facts as it is to at least suggest that Ravio originally wasn't supposed Lorule's hero and that he had a brother who was the one that was originally supposed to be Lorule's hero but Ravio's brother turns evil and that's why Ravio is the Hero of Lorule instead of his brother who is the true opposite of Link. Also, cowardliness isn't the only alternative to courage as there's also carnage and valor, carnage being a bad alternative which is what Ravio's brother would be all about and valor being a good alternative which is what Ravio is actually all about.

I think the reason for Ravio's cowardly actions is because he was hunted down by Hilda, Yuga, and lurking in background somewhere nowhere to seen, possibly his brother and that also the fact that Ravio, currently at that moment didn't have a sword or shield to defend himself with. It's not that Ravio was ever afraid, it's that he witnessed his home be overcome by evil again, that he feels like he failed Hilda, and that the evil ones came after him and his people like a storm, Hilda's sudden betrayal, Yuga being unleashed because of that, Ravio became depressed because off all and lost his valor of hope, especially since he probably knew that had happened could all be the fault of Ravio's brother but we don't know that cause it's not mentioned in the game and plus knowing Nintendo, they'd probably never confirm that thus leaving it a mystery for a very long time, at least officially wise anyways. Plus Ravio originally at first wouldn't want tell this to Link anyways at until he's earned his trust and that Link has earned his, however, he'd still skeptical and afraid to reveal his backstory Link cause he probably doesn't want to be reminded of those horrible times of his life.

Lorule isn't the same as the Dark World. Its a very similar world as hyrule until a split happened. Its not really an evil Hyrule. Its a forsaken world.

Ravio doesn't have to have evil intentions to be Links counterpart. He shows a hero with out resolve or courage, but still the heart of a hero that wants to help, and take all my money.

As far of how he represents link in his weird bunny outfit, its more obvious he was supposed to the counter part, because in Link to the Past Link turned into a bunny as his true spirit form. Its not so odd then that ravio might pick a rabbit then.

Why was he as an animal?, well that kinda goes along with the cult of the masked. To both hide himself, and blend in, he became one of the masked. Which is brilliant because I never thought of it till after the fact, plus it makes his character slightly less odd and actually make sense with in the context of Lorule.

Though I do have to question, why did he have all those awesome weapons then? Like were they missing from the dungeons because he already got them, or were they relics from the past heroes of Lorule. That probably makes more sense that he stole them.

VitaTempusN92

Lorule isn't the same as the Dark World. Its a very similar world as hyrule until a split happened. Its not really an evil Hyrule. Its a forsaken world.

Ravio doesn't have to have evil intentions to be Links counterpart. He shows a hero with out resolve or courage, but still the heart of a hero that wants to help, and take all my money.

As far of how he represents link in his weird bunny outfit, its more obvious he was supposed to the counter part, because in Link to the Past Link turned into a bunny as his true spirit form. Its not so odd then that ravio might pick a rabbit then.

Why was he as an animal?, well that kinda goes along with the cult of the masked. To both hide himself, and blend in, he became one of the masked. Which is brilliant because I never thought of it till after the fact, plus it makes his character slightly less odd and actually make sense with in the context of Lorule.

Though I do have to question, why did he have all those awesome weapons then? Like were they missing from the dungeons because he already got them, or were they relics from the past heroes of Lorule. That probably makes more sense that he stole them.

I am not having this arguing/debating routine with people anymore! If you want to believe things that way, that's your belief not mine. You can believe what you want, I can believe what I want, enough said. This discussion is over.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't understand why you seem offended. Nor do I see where your conclusion came from (what in game evidence)

------------------------
On the topic of Ravio, the evidence of him being Link counterpart, again we have the same house. Its abandoned because he left.

As far as the brilliance of the character as much as I thought I should hate him for his design, infact he didn't seek Link out at first, he went after the Sage ,the one with the sand wand (Osfhala?), first to get his help.

Yeah, Ravio's not evil. Lorule's not "evil," either. It's just a world that lies on the other side of the wall. Proof of Ravio's neutral, or perhaps "good" demeanor lies in the fact that he spends the majority of the game helping Link by providing him with various weapons and the like. Don't ASSume...

Salem

SICK
Ravio has a brother? :mellow:

Ravio with his rabbit-eared mask and bird reminded me of running around with the Bunny Hood and Tatl. Especially since that mask is on the wall.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will

Urh... Yuga isn't that close to Ganon. If you go for the 'ga', then Ravio's name is similar, cause in Japanese Link's name is Rinku.

VitaTempusN92

Urh... Yuga isn't that close to Ganon. If you go for the 'ga', then Ravio's name is similar, cause in Japanese Link's name is Rinku.

I know that but then why would Link's "Lorule counterpart" have a name that is alternative to Link's name in the English version? Why couldn't it be "Larc" or "Jack" in the English version and Ravio in the Japanese version? You see, that's is why I'm convinced that Ravio must have a twin brother who was once more like Link but something happened that must made him go rogue and we just seen that cause Nintendo doesn't allow it as they probably want to keep Dark Link the mystery that he is cause they're afraid that if they ever gave him such a role that he deserves to play in series, it'll spoil and ruin what everyone has already speculated on him, not to mention, confuse every single Zelda fan on this entire planet. I don't think, they could ever handle making such a similar mistake again like they did with HH.

You have a point but, that point easily be debunked by the fact that Ravio has such a name in the English version rather than names that would make more sense for him in such version like what I suggested "Larc" or "Jack". Plus, not to mention that Hilda's name in English is actually the alternative for Zelda's name in English rather than it being, "Hiroda" or "Hiruda". Answer me this, Ravio's name is the alternative for Link's Japanese name, then why is that name for Ravio in the English version and yet, Hilda gets an alternative name for Zelda's English name in the English version. My point is, if Ravio really was the one and only original Hero of Lorule to begin with, wouldn't he also have a name that is similar or alternative to Link's English name in the English version as well? Doesn't that seem a bit odd to you?

And honestly, if Ravio really did use a alternative name for Link's Japanese name, wouldn't it be something more like "Ravco", "Rarco", "Raruku", or "Jakku"? This also just convinces me even more of the possibility that Ravio definitely has a twin brother.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom