• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Lagging

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It's been a little while since I played Spirit Tracks now, but I remember multiple instances within the Tower of Spirits where I would be noticed by a phantom and the game would actually start to lag because there were too many phantoms on the map trying to chase me. This was pretty odd, because I've never seen any game other than computer games lag. This is understandable, since games for consoles are made to match up with the system's processing power, while a computer's processing power might not be enough to avoid lag in a game that's much newer than the computer. So, it was pretty surprising finding Spirit Tracks lagging. I assumed at the time that the game was made to fit with the processing power of the DSi. I have the original fat DS, though, so I don't know whether or not it would lag on a DS Lite. Has anyone else experienced this kind of lag in Spirit Trakcs? Does anyone know whether or not this happens with the DS Lite?

CZG

It does, at times, have a bit of lag on the DS Lite.
The game really is pushing the limits of the DS'.

Riding the train while finding a bunch of enemies on your path will make the game somewhat slower. Water seems to be hard for the handheld at times too. I never cared much though.
The first Zelda games on the NES occasionally had some strange slow-mo effects too, you know?

Problably it because the programmers used a different way to look at things...
Unlike the good ol' 2d era, designing a game works in quite another way. I can imagine that you don't want to compromise or cut out anything from the finals...

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I have a Nintendo DS (not a lite) and yes, that has happened to me on multiple occasions, I am not sure that it is the DS, but it has definately happened to me when I am running from phantoms!

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Same here. My game lags when there are many enemies, and when there are any enemies near me on the overworld. I got used to it, but it's still really annoying.

C

Carben

It also happens to me with those pirate tanks. When they appear, my game lags.

Same here. I wonder if it is the DS cannot handle it or something with the game itself.
I know my cousin played Spirit Tracks on her DSi lag never occurred to her.

A

Aura

I have a DSi and the game never lagged for me. \:
That's strange..

C

Carben

It could be that when the Tanks come the game has to slow down because the tanks are the fastest thing in the game. Or so I think. They do travel pretty fast. :dry:

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
It could be that when the Tanks come the game has to slow down because the tanks are the fastest thing in the game. Or so I think. They do travel pretty fast. :dry:

It doesn't have anything to do with how fast/slow they go. The game just has a lot more memory (or whatever it is) to read.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I have a (broken :x) DS Lite and I've never experienced this 'lag' of which you speak. Maybe it has, and I just have never noticed it. |D;
But I can see that happening; as most have already said, Spirit Tracks is really pushing the limits for the DS. But I've had this happen on my Wii and Gamecube.
Maybe it's just a lot to load and the game system can't completely handle it? :/ I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom