• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Spirit Tracks Afterthoughts

jack546

The chosen one
I just beat spirit tracks and I realy liked it here are some things I liked

1.the dungeons
the dungeons were realy good i liked the puzzles and the bosses they were all very chalenging especialy the second temple boss.the dungoen count was very good.

2.the tower of spirits
I personaly found it very easy and I liked controling zelda as a phantom.The puzzles were chalenging it even took me a few potions to beatthe final level.I know some people didnt like the tower of spirits but I did over all

3.The train
the train was a good way of transportation and the customisation was cool (especialy the cameo of linebec)I think the boat was better than the train because of the limitless fredom but the tracks added the chalenge of avoiding thedemon trains

4.The take 'em all on chalenge

I realy liked this mini game i love the ability to refight bosses like in majoras mask other than that there's nothing else to say about it.

5. The final boss

I think that the final boss was realy creative and fun and chalenging to fight at the same time I liked how it had three parts to it.The demon train was a very cool boss. puppet zelda was easy to figure out how to beat and it took me a while to figure out to use the boomerang to cut those things that cole uses on phantom zelda.Maladus final form was easier than i thought he was realy easy to beat i liked fighting him but it was kind of disapointing.

over all it was a very good game I loved it.What do you think about these reasons?

Last edited:

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I just beat spirit tracks and I realy liked it here are some things I liked

1.the dungeons
the dungeons were realy good i liked the puzzles and the bosses they were all very chalenging especialy the second temple boss.the dungoen count was very good.

2.the tower of spirits
I personaly found it very easy and I liked controling zelda as a phantom.The puzzles were chalenging it even took me a few potions to beatthe final level.I know some people didnt like the tower of spirits but I did over all

3.The train
the train was a good way of transportation and the customisation was cool (especialy the cameo of linebec)I think the boat was better than the train because of the limitless fredom but the tracks added the chalenge of avoiding thedemon trains

4.The take 'em all on chalenge

I realy liked this mini game i love the ability to refight bosses like in majoras mask other than that there's nothing else to say about it.

5. The final boss

I think that the final boss was realy creative and fun and chalenging to fight at the same time I liked how it had three parts to it.The demon train was a very cool boss. puppet zelda was easy to figure out how to beat and it took me a while to figure out to use the boomerang to cut those things that cole uses on phantom zelda.Maladus final form was easier than i thought he was realy easy to beat i liked fighting him but it was kind of disapointing.

over all it was a very good game I loved it.What do you think about these reasons?

Baby steps, baby steps..... =P

ok first, the dungeons! Yes I agree the dungeons were a great challenge most specifically the ones in the Spirit Tower. The Temples were kind of small but they had some good puzzles in there.

Second...Spirit Tower...Look at the above sentence =P

Third, the train. The train had good customization but my only beef with it is that it should have been slightly faster. The teleports on the tracks should be more close together as well.

Fourth, the Take 'em all challenge. I actually don't really like this one because I hate that feeling of endless work(fighting monsters), maybe I can't finish in time and have to save it and turn off the game? However I do like the ability to re-fight bosses.

Ah! The final boss was refreshing I actually died once on his final form. The Zelda series has lacked some final boss difficulty(as well as other bosses) mostly due to the fact that they only had one or two forms. Malladus having multiple forms was fun and pretty tough the first time around, although your not completely clueless so you can beat him your first time around with potions.
I love ST too it's my favorite handheld Zelda game that I have played to date. "_

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Really the final boss may have been hard for some (myself (damn flute)), but it was all just fan service and that is all nothing else.

N

NMG

i really liked the game but after i beat it and started a new file the temples were like baby's first dungeon and the demon king was kind of a lame fight if you think about it

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I had fun with the game, it was the 2nd Zelda game I beat and I thought it was much better than Phantom Hourglass. Music was fantastic as well!

U

uterjelf911

I thought that the dungeon were done better than in phantom hourglass (in particular the central dungeon). I liked the new items that they added, with my favorite being the sand rod. And I liked the train because when I was 4 I was obsessed with trains so the game connected with me in that sense.

After playing it throughly the first time and going back to play the game again, I felt like I'm not challeging myself, and I feel like I am wasting my time going through all the dungeon's again when they were all easy, same thing with the bosses.
The only thing that I have that is difficult when playing the Panflut with the Lokomotives. Everytime I try to play that tune, the game tells me I'm doing it wrong. It is irritating.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I'm trying to complete it 100%.

I really love the game, the game play was solid and had a fair story.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I like the game. The problem is I didn't really have anything else to play on my DS then and I played it about 10 times and started to find it worn-out. However, I just started playing it again after letting it sit for a couple months and have decided that it's a really good game. I still like PH more then it, though.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I enjoy this game quite a bit...currently trying to get 100% on it as well....the dungeons were pretty good in my opinion, and the Tower of Spirits was fun, but kind of annoying...and i don't mind the train, but i like the boat from PH better because of more free travel....

~Swift

Kybyrian

Walking into a thread with only bad things to say, surrounded by people saying good things. I feel out of place.

I'm going to rant about how bad the game was. It was, in fact, one of the worst games in the Zelda series. It was a good game, but it wasn't a good Zelda game. When you look at the standards of Zelda... Spirit Tracks absolutely fails. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were both big failures in my mind, and I don't want to see anything like them ever again. They were enjoyable, yes, but it's not something that I would have expected from a Zelda game at all. It made me sad and angry at the same time.

The first thing I'm going to rant about is the temples... which were really pathetic. First of all, the temples were hardly based around the element they were named after at all. Let's think of the Forest Temple. I walk into the forest temple expecting to see at least something associated with the forest, but the temple you see doesn't resemble the forest at all. It's a stone temple... no sign of it being a "forest" temple, with purple gas floating around everywhere. That's just one big flaw right there. Sure, some of the temples were actually associated with what they were named after, but now let's turn to the Ocean temple. Is it really that hard to make a temple use an element that it was named after? Apparently it is. The ocean temple... was located underwater and it was filled with stone and stone traps and all this crap. You'd think that an underwater temple would have a little something more to do with water, especially if it's named the Ocean Temple.

Now I want to rant about the rabbits... worst collectible item in the history of Zelda. Absolutely pathetic idea, it should have never even crossed the mind of the developers. Catching the rabbits is just one of the stupidest ideas ever. You ride your train around... and you see a rabbit in the scenery on the side. Shoot at it, and initiate a mini game where you have to get the rabbit in a net... extremely boring and lacking any amount of challenge or creativity. There's no challenge to collecting them, either. All you have to do is ride your train around everywhere, which isn't a challenge, it's just stupidly tedious. There's no actual searching. That gets me started on the entire transportation system, too.

The transportation in Spirit Tracks was another horrible idea. The train was boring... tedious and all. It was even worse when you had to travel with a companion and had to obey the signs. NOBODY wants to spend 60% or more of their game just sitting around and doing nothing. That's what the train was to most people... and what it was to me. The train wasn't an exactly horrible idea, but it was horribly used. It was simply pathetic. We deserve better from a Zelda game.

Also, CENTRAL DUNGEONS ARE CRAP. I'm not afraid to say it and I'm not afraid to beat down any Zelda game who uses one. Central dungeons are possibly one of the worst ideas that Nintendo has ever put into the Zelda series. It's repetitive and boring. The Spirit Tower may not have been as bad as the Temple of the Ocean King, but it was no treat. I don't want to travel back to the same place over and over again. It was better than the Temple of the Ocean King because you didn't have to travel through every room a million times and the rooms actually varied a little bit, but it was still a bad idea. Central dungeons just shouldn't be used, if you ask me.

Spirit Tracks even had a horrible story... you didn't even feel like you were playing a game with a story. It may be that the stupid train rides took every ounce of fun out of the game and made you completely forget about what you were actually doing, or it may have just been that the story was poorly designed. The story was great at the beginning and end, but lacked any amount of greatness in the middle. A good game needs a good story throughout, not just strong bits at the beginning and end and virtually nothing in between.

And that's all I have to say about Spirit Tracks... something I don't ever want to see again.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Sorry, if I sound harsh here, just dishing out my opinion.

In my opinion, the game was okay. Not very impressive to me. In essence, the game was Phantom Hourglass after people gave negative feedback about it, like "The Temple of the Ocean King was annoying". They fixed all of the complaints and stuck a new story on it.

The transportation system was horridly limited, you have to follow certain guidelines. Temples were boring, story was boring, minigames were boring, train was boring. The only was I can describe this game is boring.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Outside of the train, which was too slow, had a terrible warp system and doesn't really make sense when Link has moved about on foot of other games, there isn't really anything major wrong with the game. Nothing you do on the train is much fun, but the annoying thing is, some of the things you do on the train could've been fun if you'd been able to do them just as Link.

One minor thing I didn't like was the rabbits. The rabbits seemed like something they added in at the last minute, the mini game you play doesn't last long enough for it the be any fun and it just seems like pure luck wheather you catch them or not.

The items are all good and you continue to use them thoughout the game.

Like PH the dungeons are too short and too easy but I felt the bosses were a little harder than in PH, however as seems to be the way with the Zelda games now, they seem to have focused more on them "looking cool" than them being hard to defeat. I've felt for a long time that it's really silly the way all these bosses look really intimidating when you first see them and then they end up being really easy.

I disagree with Kybyrian about the idea of central dungeons, apart from doing them same stuff over and over, I thought it worked well in PH and worked even better in ST. It's amazing that this it the first time in the history or the series (unless you count the CD-i or Super Smash Bros games) that you get to play as Zelda (I'm pretty sure it is anyway but correct me if I'm wrong). Why has it taken so long? Also the Spirt tower is the hardest of any of the dungeons by far.

I'm not so into story when it comes to Zelda because it's a video game, stories are for films and books. So the lack of an original or detailed story doesn't bother me at all. None of the stories in any of the games have really interested me, apart from maybe TP.

Keeping in mind it a handheld game and only made to hold us over until SS, so it was never going to be anything groundbreaking, I would give it 8/10 and also say it's slightly better than PH.

Spirit Tracks...My intro to to LoZ

Spirit Tracks was my first title in the Legend of Zelda series, and I really enjoyed. I can see now, (having played other titles such as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess), that there are some flaws, and dungeons slightly to simple. There are many areas that sucked me into the great series. The music, all-touch gameplay, well layed out dungeons (if too simple at times). The final cut scenes were a big thing in my adventure. It really was a fitting ending. Any one agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom