• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Speed-Running Zelda Games

Anybody else enjoy speed running any Zelda games? I enjoy looking for ways to improve my time in LttP. I'm proud because I just beat it in 2 hours and 59 minutes. I was so nervous throughout Ganon's Tower thinking I wasn't going to get under 3 hours!

Share your speed running stories!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I speedrun Selda games all the time, my favorite being Ocerina of Tiem (OoT).

My best time has been two hours for Ocerina although I know for a fact that I have an hour and a couple mins to shave off if I want to get remotely close to the World Record (like 21 minutes 30 somethin seconds iirc, gotta check ZFG's vid). I don't do this to show off, I do this for fun. What about you?

I never like to speedrun Zelda games the first time through but usually do so after acquainting myself with the game world. With Ocarina of Time 3D and its boss gauntlet feature, I've been trying to best my time on some of the boss battles. In regards to the same title, I've also been trying to cut down my time on the Water Temple. That dungeon is a marvel of design to this day and every time I play it, a new and better combination of completing it crosses my mind. This nonlinearity seems lacking in more recent installments. Sadly I lack the enthusiasm to fully speedrun a Zelda game although Ocarina of Time or any of the two DS titles would certainly be up my alley.

L

Link49

I wanna try the 3 heart challenge... It seems like it could be a real challenge and a good way to test my Zelda playing abilities, after I`m done SS Ill probably attempt it on OoT.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I speedrun Selda games all the time, my favorite being Ocerina of Tiem (OoT).

My best time has been two hours for Ocerina although I know for a fact that I have an hour and a couple mins to shave off if I want to get remotely close to the World Record (like 21 minutes 30 somethin seconds iirc, gotta check ZFG's vid). I don't do this to show off, I do this for fun. What about you?

How? Cutscenes alone take more time.

I wanna try the 3 heart challenge... It seems like it could be a real challenge and a good way to test my Zelda playing abilities, after I`m done SS Ill probably attempt it on OoT.

Make sure you know how to properly L-target and Shield else you will have the pain. Easy for me but a lot of people don't like them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocerina of Teim is the best Zelda game for speedrunning because there are so many ways to clip in the game -- the possibilities while not endless are MANY. You can skip certain cutscenes by clipping through places...it's just so awesome. :)

MW7

Occassionally I speedrun Zelda games. Most of my time is spent mapping out different paths through the games and figuring out how to skip items (things that would help a speedrun) rather than actually speedrunning. Ocarina of Time probably gets most of my attention, but Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask are all great for speedrunning also IMO. I still am too bad at Adventure of Link to think about tackling that game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Clipping? Please explain.

Oh, you know how there are boundaries in the game? Like, say, how you can't run through the wall? When you clip, you can get past the wall boundary and walk through the game world (things typically look black). I forgot what the actually thing is called, but I call it clipping. x)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Oh, you know how there are boundaries in the game? Like, say, how you can't run through the wall? When you clip, you can get past the wall boundary and walk through the game world (things typically look black). I forgot what the actually thing is called, but I call it clipping. x)

How do you do that? Sounds useful.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I havent tried to speedrun any games yet well i tried PH once on a roadtrip but i got bored, but once i actualy finish all the games i think i'll try OoT it sounds fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom