• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Spawn radius for Gloom Hands?

botanbutton

Newbie to playing Zelda (but I know the LO~RE)
I would really like to know this.
How far or close do you have to be exactly for Gloom Hands to actually spawn?
I'm too scared to test it myself. :sweating:

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Yeah, it varies. Some seem to be almost right away. The patch I like to farm for example, by Hateno in the woods, I'd say is about 80 feet? Quite a ways before the sky darkens.

Also if you're ever scared of anything in this game, just warp out. Hit da bricks. Come back when you're ready to test it. There's no downside to just opening up your map & getting out of there. You can even do it while grabbed if I recall, which is strange.

botanbutton

It depends. In Akkala they spotted me from far and in orter places they noticed me only when I almost touched them
I see, so there's no definite guarantee. Just give them a super wide berth if you wanna avoid them at all costs.

botanbutton

Yeah, it varies. Some seem to be almost right away. The patch I like to farm for example, by Hateno in the woods, I'd say is about 80 feet? Quite a ways before the sky darkens.

Also if you're ever scared of anything in this game, just warp out. Hit da bricks. Come back when you're ready to test it. There's no downside to just opening up your map & getting out of there. You can even do it while grabbed if I recall, which is strange.
Being able to warp out when grabbed is crazy. But okay, that's comforting.
I'm trying to be brave now and face them since they are in the way of places I want to go. I have no reason to be scared (I have 30 hearts, good armor, good weapons, all the sages, and lots of BOMBS) but I'm too terrified to be on the same ground as them. I've killed 3 or 4 so far but only by standing up high on something and shooting them with bomb arrows. :sweating:
I got curious about how close you have to get to them to spawn with hopes I have enough time to sprint and climb up on something high.
Thanks for the info!

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Being able to warp out when grabbed is crazy. But okay, that's comforting.
I'm trying to be brave now and face them since they are in the way of places I want to go. I have no reason to be scared (I have 30 hearts, good armor, good weapons, all the sages, and lots of BOMBS) but I'm too terrified to be on the same ground as them. I've killed 3 or 4 so far but only by standing up high on something and shooting them with bomb arrows. :sweating:
I got curious about how close you have to get to them to spawn with hopes I have enough time to sprint and climb up on something high.
Thanks for the info!
They really are not too bad, & having 30 hearts, you are 100% gonna be fine. They ARE terrifying, but note- I purposely play this game with under 10 hearts. Not because I'm great at it, but because I like the challenge, & they honestly are kind of a pushover once you get food that reduces gloom & some decent weapons (if you have the Master Sword, you are especially not going to have trouble beating them, it shreds them). Now, at least make sure to have that. If stuff gets wild, just warp out, lol. Literally no downside other than you have to wait for them to respawn again, I think.

If you haven't seen already, even if you have any extra yellow hearts, gloom will instantly burn all yellow extra hearts. Keep that in mind! So if your 30 hearts are all yellow bonus hearts, be aware! Resistance food or clothing is more useful for gloom than yellow extra hearts. If you have dragon parts, also keep in mind that adding them to food that boosts gloom resistance will make that food last MUCH longer. Just get a recipe for the gloom food first, as they are specific dishes. Poe hunting will be helpful here. Anyway, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom