• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Song of Time, Replacment Cane of Somaria?

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
If any of you have played both Oot and Alttp, you'll know what im talking about. in Alttp, the cane of somaria was used to summon a block with which to push onto switches or burst into flames. in Oot, there were blue boxes (more often seen in the master quest version) which could be relocated into different areas with the song of time. is it me, or is this a cane of somaria without the freedom of choosing where the block goes. and yes, the cane of somaria had more uses than what was listed, but this could not be done in Oot. what are your thoughts on this?

Austin

Austin
Interesting idea, I never really made a connection like this. I mean, the Song of Time creating blocks never made much sense to me, but there definitely are similarities. It would have made a lot of sense if they had simply included the Cane of Somaria in the game.....

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
hmmmmm

I never thought about it, and it does seem kind of similar. But the problem is, the main thing with the Cane of Somaria was creating the blocks, not blowing them up or moving them. In OoT you could just move them, or make them disappear, or appear.
I personally think, now that it's been brought up, that it wasn't intended. I think it's just one of those Nintendo things that is similar, but just a coinkadink.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
i geuss that nintendo didnt think it would work in 3-D zelda, or they thought the song needed more purpose then to just open the door of time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom