• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Son Goku VS SuperMan

I think its time to explain my pick. Now lets think about this logically. It has been stated in the manga that the weaker saiyans are transported to planets to 1. Conquer them or 2. Destroy them. The stronger saiyans are sent to multiple planets to 1. conquer them or 2. Destroy them. Translation: Weaker saiyans are able to destroy planets while stronger saiyans can destroy galaxies without any trouble, they do this for a living. Superman can do all this fancy stuff like lift a planet. He might be strong but lifting a planet is one thing, destroying it is another. This means that Superman is just as strong if not weaker then weak saiyans. So basically Superman can hold black holes and can punch through time, but he can't destroy a planet? Not to mention that Master Roshi can blow up the moon and he's the one of the weakest characters. If that doesn't change your mind, there is more. Now Superman has weaknesses, krptonite and magic. Guess what the kamehameha is, magic of course. Pretty much any of the Ki Blasts can damage Superman. If that doesn't convince you, then there is one more thing that will help Goku, King Kai. The King Kai is basically Navi, he is able to tell the strengths and weaknesses of anything. The King Kai can just tell Goku that Superman's power source is the sun so Goku can basically blow the sun up and Superman is weak. So I believe Goku is able to win.

Last edited:

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
I just remembered something. In the last episode of the GT series Goku used his spirit ball and gathered energy from pretty much everything in the universe. I'm not sure if anything can stand up to that even Superman

I just remembered something. In the last episode of the GT series Goku used his spirit ball and gathered energy from pretty much everything in the universe. I'm not sure if anything can stand up to that even Superman

Dragonball GT isn't canon. It was just a filler series only made to make a quick buck, but about the Spirit Bomb, it can beat Superman becasue its basically magic and Superman is weak to magic. It takes a long time to charge so any other KI Blast can beat Superman because even if he is under the sun, his weaknesses will weaken him.

Ok listen up all you DC lovin' brats. Goku is the strongest in the Universe, he's the fastest in the universe, he's the hero of the universe. Frankly Goku has Super***** beat by (excuse my reference) OVER 9000 in everything. Supeman's race died from some planet explosion that they knew about while goku had no clue but one aka Bardock tried to stop it. Superman was one of 2 survivors while Goku was one of 5 survivors. Superman is the man of steel, Goku can tickle through steel. Superman tries to fit in, he tries to blend in with the humans, he's weak to a rare stone that Lex Luther somehow always finds. Goku has weaknesses that he overcomes, Goku be's himself around everyone. Goku is awesome, Superman is a ****off. Goku gets ****ed off when his best friend dies. Superman basically has no friends. Goku has a strong, tough family. And Superman has ... oh what's that he has a cousin, a clone, and I think he had a girlfriend? Goku's rival is his friend. Superman the poor thing. Goku could fit in with a lot of cool games such as Sonic and Zelda. As for Superman GTF off my system!

Goku: 24
Superman: -102

Wacthing DBZ=LMFAO and awesome
Watching Superman=CHANNEL CHANGE

Goku can beat people 25x his size
Superfreak can beat ...
"It's off the charts."
"Really?"
"Yeah, because their isn't one!"
Z rules
DC sucks (with the exception of Batman series and Teen Titans)

Ok listen up all you DC lovin' brats. Goku is the strongest in the Universe, he's the fastest in the universe, he's the hero of the universe. Frankly Goku has Super***** beat by (excuse my reference) OVER 9000 in everything. Supeman's race died from some planet explosion that they knew about while goku had no clue but one aka Bardock tried to stop it. Superman was one of 2 survivors while Goku was one of 5 survivors. Superman is the man of steel, Goku can tickle through steel. Superman tries to fit in, he tries to blend in with the humans, he's weak to a rare stone that Lex Luther somehow always finds. Goku has weaknesses that he overcomes, Goku be's himself around everyone. Goku is awesome, Superman is a ****off. Goku gets ****ed off when his best friend dies. Superman basically has no friends. Goku has a strong, tough family. And Superman has ... oh what's that he has a cousin, a clone, and I think he had a girlfriend? Goku's rival is his friend. Superman the poor thing. Goku could fit in with a lot of cool games such as Sonic and Zelda. As for Superman GTF off my system!

Superfreak can beat ...
"It's off the charts."
"Really?"
Z rules

You do know that Gohan is stronger. It has been stated the Ultimate Gohan or Mystical Gohan is stronger than SSJ 3 Goku. Also your post is going to make people go on a rampage. Just giving you a heads up.;)

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Mhm, i was going to bring that up. the spirit bomb. I doubt superman is able to survive a super spirit bomb. Also, all of goku's attacks are technically magic. that equals an epic win.

Mhm, i was going to bring that up. the spirit bomb. I doubt superman is able to survive a super spirit bomb. Also, all of goku's attacks are technically magic. that equals an epic win.
Super Man has survived a direct impact from a nuclear warhead. I'm pretty sure one could consider that comparable to the damage of a Spirit Bomb. In fact I'm certain that's the case considering the blast of a Spirit Bomb is no where near as impressive as that of a nuke.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Son Goku from DBZ could obliterate Superman. I don't even need to go into details, I'll just say "Shenron".

Son Goku from DBZ could obliterate Superman. I don't even need to go into details, I'll just say "Shenron".
I think the idea behind this is purely the two characters fighting toe to toe. Bringing in extended elements from their individual universes usually doesn't factor into that. But if you're going to factor in allies and potential tools that are not normally part of the character's skillset, then on the Superman side you have his White Lantern Ring and the entire fricken' Justice League.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I think its time to explain my pick. Now lets think about this logically. It has been stated in the manga that the weaker saiyans are transported to planets to 1. Conquer them or 2. Destroy them. The stronger saiyans are sent to multiple planets to 1. conquer them or 2. Destroy them. Translation: Weaker saiyans are able to destroy planets while stronger saiyans can destroy galaxies without any trouble, they do this for a living. Superman can do all this fancy stuff like lift a planet. He might be strong but lifting a planet is one thing, destroying it is another. This means that Superman is just as strong if not weaker then weak saiyans. So basically Superman can hold black holes and can punch through time, but he can't destroy a planet? Not to mention that Master Roshi can blow up the moon and he's the one of the weakest characters. If that doesn't change your mind, there is more. Now Superman has weaknesses, krptonite and magic. Guess what the kamehameha is, magic of course. Pretty much any of the Ki Blasts can damage Superman. If that doesn't convince you, then there is one more thing that will help Goku, King Kai. The King Kai is basically Navi, he is able to tell the strengths and weaknesses of anything. The King Kai can just tell Goku that Superman's power source is the sun so Goku can basically blow the sun up and Superman is weak. So I believe Goku is able to win.

Superman can obliterate a planet with a punch. And do you even know what Superman's purpose is? He's on Earth to protect it. Just because he's not a stupid savage destroying planets for no reason doesn't mean he can't. And again, how long does the kamehamecrap take to charge up? Do you honestly think Superman is going to wait for him to do it? I think not.

hahaha...Goku needs help...we might as well bring Jimmy Olsen to the mix. But then again, that's not fair. Goku can't even handle Jimmy.

Superfreak can beat ...
"It's off the charts."
"Really?"
Z rules

Cool story bro.

DBZ = Ugly and lame characters, ripped off story, and talking for countless hours...
DC = Better and more iconic characters, better and original stories, and pure epicness.

I love how knowledgeable you are. I mean, you actually think Superman is made of steel. You also believe that Superman has no friends and family. You also don't even understand Superman's origins. And to top it off, you bring up the most irrelevant things to back you up.

Oh, you should look up Darksied, Doomsday, Anti Monitor, Super Boy Prime, etc.

I think the idea behind this is purely the two characters fighting toe to toe. Bringing in extended elements from their individual universes usually doesn't factor into that. But if you're going to factor in allies and potential tools that are not normally part of the character's skillset, then on the Superman side you have his White Lantern Ring and the entire fricken' Justice League.

Let's not forget his Legion Ring. Superman has time on his side, and of course the Legion of Superheroes.

Last edited:
Hey, hey, hey, let's calm down. There's no need for this to get personal.

But ya, I'm with Turo on this. You simply can't factor in the Dragon Balls into this because of basic logic. Goku and Superman are both heroic characters. They would not be fighting to defend their planets, thus meaning they would not resort to using extended elements from their universes to win and otherwise destroy the enemy. If for some crazy reason they did have to, Superman has a lot more backup.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Hey, hey, hey, let's calm down. There's no need for this to get personal.

But ya, I'm with Turo on this. You simply can't factor in the Dragon Balls into this because of basic logic. Goku and Superman are both heroic characters. They would not be fighting to defend their planets, thus meaning they would not resort to using extended elements from their universes to win and otherwise destroy the enemy. If for some crazy reason they did have to, Superman has a lot more backup.

Exactly, I'm sure Goku, like Superman has morals. And if they were to fight, Superman still has the upper hand in every way. But that doesn't mean they'll go killing one another.

I notice people just tend to choose who they know better or just base it off of favorites which already makes their arguments invalid. I do notice that people lack much knowledge in Superman and that's because he isn't exposed as much as other heroes. And if they did expose him more, they really dumb him down for children and television. That's why I love the DC animated films, they aren't geared towards children therefore he's able to unleash and do more.

I notice people just tend to choose who they know better or just base it off of favorites which already makes their arguments invalid. I do notice that people lack much knowledge in Superman and that's because he isn't exposed as much as other heroes. And if they did expose him more, they really dumb him down for children and television. That's why I love the DC animated films, they aren't geared towards children therefore he's able to unleash and do more.
Ya, but that's natural in any kind of discussion like this. People are naturally going to prefer their favorite hero, and they're also going to know more about them too. That said, I've always preferred the objective approach to it, and have even considered (and likely eventually will) do a video series specifically about objective analysis of matchups like these. :lol: In this case, I don't actually like Goku or Superman, and they're arguably my least favorite major characters out of either universe, so I feel I can look at it logically quite well.

Superman can obliterate a planet with a punch. And do you even know what Superman's purpose is? He's on Earth to protect it. Just because he's not a stupid savage destroying planets for no reason doesn't mean he can't. And again, how long does the kamehamecrap take to charge up? Do you honestly think Superman is going to wait for him to do it? I think not.

hahaha...Goku needs help...we might as well bring Jimmy Olsen to the mix. But then again, that's not fair. Goku can't even handle Jimmy.

Cool story bro.

DBZ = Ugly and lame characters, ripped off story, and talking for countless hours...
DC = Better and more iconic characters, better and original stories, and pure epicness.

I love how knowledgeable you are. I mean, you actually think Superman is made of steel. You also believe that Superman has no friends and family. You also don't even understand Superman's origins. And to top it off, you bring up the most irrelevant things to back you up.

Oh, you should look up Darksied, Doomsday, Anti Monitor, Super Boy Prime, etc.

Let's not forget his Legion Ring. Superman has time on his side, and of course the Legion of Superheroes.

Goku doesn't need to charge it. They just scream in the anime mainly because they want to make the episodes longer. Isn't Superman having a power source unfair too?

I just realized that that this fight is just, stupid. Why would they fight in the first place if they never met each other unless its some cross over like Lex Luthor somehow got his hands on the Dragonballs and Superman and Goku have to team up and stop him.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Goku doesn't need to charge it. They just scream in the anime mainly because they want to make the episodes longer. Isn't Superman having a power source unfair too?

I just realized that that this fight is just, stupid. Why would they fight in the first place if they never met each other unless its some cross over like Lex Luthor somehow got his hands on the Dragonballs and Superman and Goku have to team up and stop him.

It's unfair for Superman to have powers? And you do know Superman can still blast him with his heat vision and his ice breath.

It's very possible. It happened with Batman and Captain America, even with Superman and Spider-Man. Of course, in the end after someone wins they eventually team up or they just make allies with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom