• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something Funny I Just Noticed in the E3 2011 Trailer

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The only instance where I've heard that Skyward Sword was part of a dream was when some people on IGN's Rewind Trailer pointed out that Link had red earrings in the first shot of him and then blue for every other scene, and they said that Link must be dreaming.

Where's the proof?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I agree with EternalNocturne on the earring part. One part hes wearing red then blue.

I have two theories for this subject.

1. We probably can't see the blue garment on Zelda's dress.
2. Link is hallucinating of the effects of some dark force of the tornado.

I'm just gonna add that my first idea is probably wrong, but I just wanted to say that as a probability.

I hate to be negative, but I really don't like the way Zelda looks in this game. I don't know if it's the bangs or what, but I really just don't like it. She weirds me out. Since it doesn't look like she's a famous and notable princess yet and just looks like a normal girl, I wish she had more of a Tetra style.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't see what you're talking about. Anyone mind helping me out?

The whale is a dream, the tornado is the actual event.

I don't know where you're getting this from. It was an actual event.

Is it not clear? The servant may not possibly be the whale.

Ghirahim said that she was saved by that "loathsome servant of the goddess". What else could it be?

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I hate to be negative, but I really don't like the way Zelda looks in this game. I don't know if it's the bangs or what, but I really just don't like it. She weirds me out. Since it doesn't look like she's a famous and notable princess yet and just looks like a normal girl, I wish she had more of a Tetra style.

I like the way she looks, she looks like what she looked like in A Link To The Past

see: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:38&biw=1366&bih=632

dude, this isn't the right thread for that. if you would like to complain about Zelda, make a thread for it.

Anyway, I must say that the idea of it being a dream makes perfect sense, but is it backed up? I have no idea, please, can someone post this proof of it being a dream? or is it just a theory?

Let me clarify, it has not actually been confirmed that the whale is a dream. It has been said by a Nintendo representative however that the game starts with Link having a dream and waking up in Skyloft. Exactly like OoT started, with Link having a dream and waking up in Kokiri Forest.
The part about the whale being in the dream is just a theory, albeit a very plausible one. I think the dream encompasses not only the part with the whale, but the scenes with Link falling in darkness and seeing Phi as well. Link has had prophetic dreams before, so why not again?

First of all, Zelda is wearing different clothes from when Link and her go flying and get sucked in the tornado. No matter how you twist it, it's impossible that it's the same event.
Second, the scene with the whale seems very dream-like, with all-white background and a very dream-like effect, no to mention the slo-mo, with Zelda reaching out to Link as she falls. Granted, the slo-mo isn't a great argument, but still.
Third, the scene afterwards with Link falling suddenly has a completely black background. This is very dream-like, as the scene changes with the events and how Link, the dreamer, feels.
Last, I feel the whale looks more like some sort of metaphore for the 'evil' down below, than an actual creature, but this is more my opinion.

i wish people would stop stated their opinion as fact. it has never been stated that the part with the whale is a dream. actually the evidence proves the opposite. the tornado and the whale happen at the same time as shown in the trailer. just because the background is white doesn't prove it's a dream. actually if you were in the middle of a tornado then every thing around you would be white. if the tornado is white. and in the trailer it is.

I never stated it as fact, excuse me if it appeared that way.
I suggest you watch the trailer again and just look at the difference in atmosphere and presentation. Not just that scene, but the following ones with Link and Phi as well. It definitely has a dream-like quality, at least to me.
Also, you're completely ignoring the fact that Zelda has different clothes.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
the tornado and the whale happen at the same time as shown in the trailer

No one's stating their opinion as fact (it isn't even an opinion....) and the trailer does not determine how events in the game will happen chronologically.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Wow, I never noticed that before. A metaphor for evil is a good idea, because as many have said before, look at the teeth on that thing!

(Funny thing, before I had once argued the servant of the goddess could possibly not be the whale despite the event order of the trailer.)

i didn't mean to offend anyone but people do like to state opinion as fact when it is indeed opinion. which is what it seemed like people on this tread were doing. no it does not look like a dream to me. just because i don't see things your way doesn't mean that i haven't watched the trailer or that i am see something wrong. i'm just suggesting that the two things occur at the same time which is what a lot of people think because that is how it appears to be. and thing about zelda's clothes could just be an accident. that has happened in movies and cartoon shows. i don't think it means anything. sometimes people look too closely and imply things that really mean nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom