• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Something Fun to Think About (For Zeldamaniacs Who Also Play Metroid)

A

avalpsychicguy

All right, so you know how in Metroid Prime 2, the Planet Aether has been divided into a Light World and a Dark World? So, how cool would it be if the Luminoth were the "Sky people" (Whether you're referring to the people in the Cloudtops, Skyloft, or The City in the Sky) spoken of in multiple Zelda games, and that after Samus left, THEY created the Hylians, and took all of their technology and stuff with them to the sky? Think about it:

1. The Luminoth can fly.
2. The City in the Sky seems a bit technologically advanced.
3. Hyrule, or the Zelda world, is also divided into Light and Dark worlds (Particularly in ALttP)

Keep in mind that these are completely different series, and that everything is probably either a coincidence, or certain elements were borrowed from Zelda (Specifically ALttP's Light/Dark worlds) when Nintendo was developing MP2. Like I said in the Title, it's just something fun to think about. :)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This isn't really Zelda Theory, because it's not exactly pertinent to the Zelda universe, nor is it exclusively about Zelda. Because the focus of the thread is not exclusive to Zelda, I am moving it to the General Gaming section.

I'm actually a firm believer in the Kid Icarus/Zelda theory. With the introduction of a sky world in SS, and the confirmation that Link is a cloud dwelling angel boy, I think the two could be related. The Kid Icarus series could very well be a prequel to the Zelda Series, with Pit attempting to conquer the lawlessness of the then un-named Hyrule world long before Link came. Link could be the ancestor of Pit, and would continue his tradition in SS by going back down to the world of lawlessness and defeating the evil present there.

Sad thing is that the above paragraph could actually work.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
There seem to be a lot of similarities between Zelda and Metroid. They seem to borrow each other's ideas sometimes.

Consider these two cases:
-The Kokiri, Goron, and Zora Tunics in OoT are analogous to the Power, Varia, and Gravity Suits of the Metroid series.
-Metroid Prime 2 borrowed the Light/Dark World idea from ALttP.

You have an interesting idea that suggests that Hyrule is on planet Aether, but I have trouble believing it, since
Aether's Dark World was destroyed at the end of Metroid Prime 2.
It could just be coincidence.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
HAHAHA!
ALL of the theories/similarities are astonishing AND amazingly work well! I love it! I'd love to see these ideas develop. I especially love the Kid Icarus Theory, Ver-Go-a-Go-Go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom