• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread

MW7

I loved it. Donald Glover was in particular a great casting choice. He somehow seemed like he was able to impersonate Billy Dee Williams' voice at times which was impressive.

I can see how the movie doesn't have the wide appeal of other films in the series, but for fans there are so many little details and easter eggs to appreciate. For example my favorite movie scene of all time is probably the asteroid field from The Empire Strikes Back. The Kessel Run scene in Solo is highly reminiscent of that scene from TESB including bursts of the same music.

The movie didn't try too hard to be funny, but there were a handful of moments that got laughs. The movie flew by for me because I enjoyed it so much. I know people are getting Star Wars fatigue already (and we have about 5 more movies already coming lol), but I hope there are more people like me so that they keep making movies like this. I'm not excited for the next Anthology film on Boba Fett, but an Obi Wan movie or Solo sequels are possible in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom