• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread

Stitch

AKA Patrick

Now that we have a trailer it is probably around time to start discussing this thing. So are you guys excited for it? Are you concerned because of the production trouble and delay in releasing promotional material until now? How do you feel about the cast?

I'm not a Star Wars fan but i've seen all of the films so I know who most of the characters are.

I dont buy this guy as young Han Solo (and why does Chewy look no different?)
Do we even need a Solo backstory? Like, really, really? I really don't know what it can add.

Rogue One was funny because it existed to plug a daft plot hole, but this? I just don't know why it exists... (well, because money, but story...)

Weren't they gonna make a Boba Fett film? That'd be a bit more interesting since he has a bit more mystery to him.

Also, why is there a giant space octopus? That is the kind of tacky run-of-the-mill sci-fi trope that Star Wars has done well to mostly shy away from. So why is it here? Why is this film here? Why do we need a Solo backstory? Why cant we have a Sith back story film?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't know actors so I can't speak on the casting decisions. To be honest, I've never found myself interested in Han's backstory. It probably is just a cash grab, but I might see it anyway if the trailers get better. Maybe. As of now, I can't say I'm excited for it.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
While I would like to know more about everybody's favorite protagonist character from Star Wars, I feel like this will suck.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I never understood the backlash towards a movie like this happening. These stories are going to exist anyway, and I'd rather they make more movies expanding the universe than having to read about them in some bull**** comic or novel. With that said, this looks pretty meh. This guy isn't even trying to sound like Han and they didn't even bother giving him similar hair. The visual look of the film also looks completely off. A movie like this should have tried to match the visual style of classic Star Wars.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was boring. I hope this isnt.

I am not against these spinoffs. I would like to see them done well. Ewan McGregor wants to see an Obi Wan:A Star Wars Story and so do I.

And I would of course also like to see Plagueis: Not A Star Wars Story The Jedi Would Tell You

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
This be honest, ever sense I’ve seen episode 8 and how disappointed I was with the story and character development, Im not that excited for this movie but I will see it.

The actor who plays hansolo dosnt even look like the original Han
Should-This-Guy-Play-Han-Solo-In-A.jpg

This looks better

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm a little more interested in it now that I've seen this second trailer. Although, what I'm interested in is seeing more of the Star Wars universe itself, not so much Han's story. I have no idea who Han Solo's actor is in this and frankly I don't know squat about actors so my opinion might not carry much weight, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. I think it's his voice mostly. It's not that I don't like it cuz he doesn't sound like Harrison Ford, that would be dumb and petty. I just don't really like the way he sounds in general. I mean, I don't think it's bad, but the way he speaks just seems a bit off to me for some reason.

I liked Rogue One, but this looks dull. I hope it’s just bad trailer editing but with the production issues it went through it may be bad

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
LOL :crylaugh: Brace yerselves! This latest Disnich Original is gonna suck something extra terrible :lol:

I don't think most minds will be capable of comprehending the sheer awfulness. It's gonna make Mr. Plinkets head explode!!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It's gonna make Mr. Plinkets head explode!!
Plinket's great.

Just caught the new clips. I've been excited for Solo for a while now, mostly because it comes out the day after the Weird Al concert I'm going to do it'll be a fun week. Disney is not respecting Lucas' Vision in any way in my opinion but I'm still going to try to enjoy the movie. They're not making it easy though.

Like I said, I watched the new clips. *SPOILERS* (?)

Chewie doesn't like losing at dejarik (sp?) So he tries to wipe the holo table clean of the game pieces. Twice. "Oh, ha ha! Big, dumb wookie is big and dumb! Never seen a hologram before and doesn't understand it!" *face-palm*

Wookies are a technologically advanced civilization and Chewbacca has seen centuries go by! For crying out loud, this is the race on which Lucas based his first vision of the rebellion, show a little dang respect! Allow me to elucidate.

pnd9Gwcjp

This is Episode 3 and that is Chewie standing to the left. So you tell me, Disney, what's with the cultural insensitive toward wookies? I'm sure this movie will be full of wookie-based cultural appropriation and fetishism. I'm peeved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom