• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Soldier's Club of Userbars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Yep, that's right. I now create userbars. I am relatively new to the craft, but I am looking for requests or suggestions to give me new ideas.

I've come up with a few creations, and I'd like to hear your thoughts, criticisms, and ideas to help me improve! I will keep posting more as I make them.

ubd8356.png

^This was the very first UB I created. As you can tell, I am very inspired by the Yankees.... ;)

ubd9965.png

^A Twilight Princess UB. It was the first pretty decent one I made. Other than the Yankees one. :P

548328.gifhttp:

^My first animated userbar!

You may already know, but I can't make regular signature banners, but this is a way I figured I can contribute here. If you have a request, please use this format:

Images: Pick 1-3 images you'd like in your UB. (Either post a link, or give me a general idea, i.e. Link and Tetra.)
Colors: Pick 2 (Just the background colors.)
Text: What text you want it the userbar. It could be the name of a game, or your username, for example.
(Optional) Text colors: Pick 2, one for the text, and one for the text outline.
(Optional) Animation: Yes/No. An animation just cycles through custom userbars. For this, you will need to request two or more UBs.
(Optional for Animation) Cycle Order: If you have any preference in which order the UBs show up in the animation cycle, just specify.

(Semi-legal disclaimer): I do not take credit for the images used on my userbars. I am the one who copies the images, and pastes them creatively onto a little bar using effects and whatnot. In no way am I copyrighting a trademarked image... legal blah, blah, blah.... I do however, take credit for the creation of the actual userbars, and wish to be given due credit. Thanks.

**NOTE: Because I use ImageShack to upload most of these images, some links tend to break or change over a period of time. If this happens to you, let me know. I can fix it pretty easily.

Attachments

• ubd6858.png
    ubd6858.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ubd8334.png
    ubd8334.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
If anyone knows a good trick to edit out the white easier, please post it here. That's my biggest problem.

Do you use any programs to make these? What do you use? I may be able to help you with that ^^

These are nice so far, the only advice I would give is to try to proportion the renders a little better. Some looked stretched. It's tough to get a decent sized picture into such a small area XD

Keep working on them, I'd like to see what else you can do!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Do you use any programs to make these? What do you use? I may be able to help you with that ^^

These are nice so far, the only advice I would give is to try to proportion the renders a little better. Some looked stretched. It's tough to get a decent sized picture into such a small area XD

Keep working on them, I'd like to see what else you can do!

I use the free online designer. ;)

And proportioning at 11:00 at night is not easy for me.... I have to do it when I'm awake. Lolz

I did come up with one new one just now:

546178.png

^I changed my mind. This is my new favorite. Maybe it's because it is OoT....

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Good job, Soldier of Link! I am really amazed with your outcomes. They turned out beautiful! :)

Nicole

luke is my wife
My redo of that terrible, terrible, Majora's Mask UB:

546272.png

^Not too bad. Pretty average, I suppose.

I actually had two others, but if you read my blog, you know I can't post them yet. The URL is on my other laptop. The one that broke. I might even have to redo them, but... They do look really good. They were actually the best UBs I had made so far. :kawaii:

I'll come up with some more, too. Please, if you want one, or if you have a suggestion or idea of what I can make, let me know! I'd be happy to make one for whoever is interested.

I did try to recreate those Wind Waker Userbars I mentioned. They're not the same, but I like the way they turned out:

ubd5765.png

^This was the second one I had made last night. I recreated this one first because I like it better than....

ubd2660.png

^This one. This was the former of the two I made last night.

ubd8945.png

^This is my favorite of the group. I simply edited the background and text colors and tripled the scaline pattern.

I hope you guys like these. :D I think they're pretty good with my limited skill.

Remember to comment and add your requests!

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Yay, double post. Well, remember those WW Userbars I thought I lost? Long story short, I have them now.

546185.png

^The first one...

ubd9265.png

^... and the second one!

The first one didn't quite turn out how I wanted it. Link and Tetra don't quite look right.... :dry:
I like the second better out of the set, because the first one does look lopsided and I love the colors in the second one!

I will unveil my Super Bowl series tomorrow! The Cheese Heads vs. the Steel City.... Makes for some great UB inspiration.

Remember to leave your comments, suggestions, or requests here! I don't want to keep double posting. Lolz

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
Nice Soldier! These are getting better and better! I love the last set you did (the WW one). The renders themselves are looking better too! Keep it up! ^^

Jedizora

:right:
I like these. My favorites are the secong yankees one, and the second wind waker one. They are both really well done.

Nicole

luke is my wife
In honor of Super Bowl Sunday, I have a new set of Userbars inspired by the Pack and the Steelers! I love football....

ubd8755.png

546436.png

^My two generic Super Bowl UBs, just with different designs.

For Steelers' fans:

ubd4712.png

ubd9443.png

For Packers' fans:

ubd2937.png

546478.png

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hooray, double post! Just wanted to add one more thing:

ubd1239.png

^My Phantom Hourglass userbar! I based a few of the WW ones off this.

As I said, I am accepting requests. Or, if you would like one of the ones I have already created, just let me know here and I will give you the link!

S

Sage

Oh, cool! Could you make me one? All I'd really like is a Skyward Sword one, if that's possible. Thanks. Oh, and keep up the good work. These are awesome!

Nicole

luke is my wife
Oh, cool! Could you make me one? All I'd really like is a Skyward Sword one, if that's possible. Thanks. Oh, and keep up the good work. These are awesome!

Sure, I'd be glad to. Is there any specific colors or pictures you want on it? Also, what would you like the text to say?

S

Sage

Okay. Sorry if this is a hassle, but I'm changing my total request. For images: I'm not really sure. Just either some sprites or artwork of Link from the original Legend of Zelda. Colors: Light Green and Orange. Text: 25 Years

Thanks so much SoL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom