• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So What Are Your Initial Reactions Now?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
lol. I'm 16, but I've been playing Zelda since I was four because my cousin had the N64 and he didn't let me play, but I did whenever he wasn't home.lol But after OoT and MM, I played the first three Zeldas and pretty much almost all of them. I love the DS zeldas and can't wait for OoT 3DS. Too bad the control scheme won't be the same :(
I can't wait for Zelda Wii, it's the only game in the world that I would kill a person over. I too was enraged at first sight of the game, but after getting into it a lot more, I want it so bad and I'm pissed off at this site because nobody gathers news anymore >:O

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
My initial reactions to SS.... hmmm... I guess that when Nintendo gave that tiny nod the Majora's Mask (my all-time favorite game) in the beginning of the E3 trailer, I got really excited! I can't wait for the 1:1 controls promised for the game and hopefully it will feature difficulty on par with AoL! (my second favorite game of all time) Oh yeah, I'm 14 and unlike everyone else my age, I like games that don't have guns in them!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I have to get this game, even though i don't have a wii myself I will play over at my brothers house until i beat it with no guides and no help. This Zelda is very important because it is introducing the series to new fans but still has to cater to the hardcore fans... It's gunna be WW all over again, but in a GOOD WAY. I think this game will have a depth to it that some hardcore fans dont even expect. This Zelda could be an original that stands out from the rest of the games that are set in Hyrule, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
Miyamoto had some problems on stage, but if you watch some clips of people trying out the E3 demo it seems that they don't have any problem with it.
And I'm realy looking forward to this game and hope it will be revolutionary to the world of gaming! :3 kidding

but OoT was epic cuz it was the first Zelda game in 3d graphics, does that make SS epic cuz of the use of WMP? just thoughts.
Oh! and I wondered if SS is already under the category epic cuz it's been called the game of the year for next year already.

I'm gonna stop now cuz my thoughts are getting wild.

I'm 19, born the year of ALttP, but I remember going to my uncles when I was about 5 or 6, and he had ALttP, and I got up until you get to the sanctuary after you save Zelda. Then I could get to the first dungeon but I couldn't beat it. I finally went to my friends when I was 7, and he was playing Ocarina of Time. He wouldn't let me play it, so I begged my mom to buy it for me. It was the third game I owned. Since then I've beaten every Zelda to date. Except for AoL. I got to the last dungeon and then my sister broke my collectors disk so I bought it on Virtual Console recently. I'll have to get back into it.

Anyways, when I first saw SS, I was totally excited. I thought it looked unpolished but the graphics had me at hello. When I saw Miyamoto play on stage I knew it would play fine. I knew it was just interference even before they said it was. I felt embarrassed for him haha. Anyways, I have a good feeling. I wasn't a fan of TP. I feel like when Nintendo started paying attention to all casual gamers instead of us, zelda got kinda worse. Not destroyed, but not beautiful masterpieces. Now with TP and the casual DS games outta the way. I think they've been trying to give us what we need. A Zelda game of Epic proportions. To me, I think it'll be an instant classic. I'm truly madly in love with five Zelda games. ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, and WW. I Think this will be #6.

Kybyrian

Well, right now the excitement is kind of dying down. I really love the Zelda series, and this will undoubtedly be a great game, but I just don't get all that excited for games. When I first saw the trailer it didn't really boost my excitement that much, either. It looks like a great game, but I just think that it had some rough patches in the trailer. It could use a bit of improvement, but I'm sure improvements will be made and it will be an absolutely amazing game. I can't expect much less from the great Zelda series. Hopefully Skyward Sword makes up for the rather disappointing(in my opinion) Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

B

Bloot

I'm trying to love it more and more, and I'm actually a little impressed with the Impressionist cell-shading aspect. I think it makes for a great facet. Anyway, I just feel like I have to at least play the game before I even go as far as saying I'm totally against it. I gotta get that controller in my hand and see what it can do. So, the verdict is still pending until Zelda comes out for me.

BTW, I'm a year older than age 16 and I definitely wasn't four when OOT came out.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I haven't read everything everyone else has said on this but......

With the trailer I am undoubtedly excited but not without concerns and I feel like there is more to see. The graphics actually look sweet IMO, but hope they tone down the brightness a little bit. I want to see what some of the other characters/NPCs look like now. The controls look sweet despite Myamoto's technical difficulties on stage. My concern there is will they become too tiresome? I don't want to be exhausted every time I play. I wish we could see more of the story/cinematics but I guess we'll just have to wait till the next trailer.

Above all I reserve any judgment about the game until it comes out.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
My reactions are mixed, but the majority is "A-Must-get-Item-of-the-Year".

When I saw the Trailer, I was ecstatic and totally pumped me right out of my seat and made me jump like an Octorok shooting Rocks. The Graphics and the Weaponry made me happy. They really utilized the functions of the Wii well. The Graphics are a very well made, it really shows the appeal of Wind Waker and the Seriousness of Twilight Princess. Though they really made the monsters a little bit too....Exaggerated. I really prefer guessing their weakness than exaggerating their weakpoints.

The weaponry is one thing I praise the most in SS. They based it from Wii Sports Resort, and I find it quite true to the real thing.The Swordplay in Wii Sports Resort was based from holding a Katana or maybe the swordsmanship from the Kendo Clubs. But in SS, they really based it more on traditional Swordplay, with the use of a shield. The Bow and Arrows really stick to the real thing, but it raises a a concern for me, Shooting the bow took a little more time than usual, but I wonder if they'll polish that out. Next is the Bombs, they really thought the ways of using bombs, rolling them and just throwing them. The other items I also look forward too.

Other than that, the only thing I find a concern is the Storyline. It will show many origins. It will show many things that will happen in Ocarina of Time, but a slight detail might raise a bigger debate than before. I dunno what, but it usually does.

Anyway, that's it.

Austin

Austin
I'm over 9000 and I'm moderately excited for this game. Like many other people here, I wasn't too happy when I saw the trailer but the style grew on me over time. I think I'd still prefer a more realistic Twilight Princess style over what we have going on here, but that's becoming less and less of an issue as time goes on. I'm not crazy about the idea of the Wii Motion Plus, and I'd infinitely prefer a classic controller over it. However, I haven't tried it yet so I won't say that it'll be bad, I'm just feeling very apprehensive about it. The new items look cool and this stamina bar thing sounds interesting.

Small thing about the trailer, the biggest thing that pissed me off about it was that it started with a brief image of Majora's Mask, leading me to believe that Skyward Sword would somehow be connected to it. However, this was shattered in a split second as I realized that they were simply going through past games. So that messed me up from the start and took a bit to get over. I was upset within the first few seconds of the damn thing.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I'm not as picky a gamer as I used to be, whether it be Zelda or not, so I thought the trailer looked pretty good. Sadly I just realized that there was a trailer and that there was this much news out. =P
My experience with the motion plus is limited seeing as I've only played the Wii Sports Resort and a little bit of the new Red Steel game, so I personally don't know how accurate/smooth gameplay is with it. However, if done right, I think it will be awesome for this game.
One thing I noticed in the trailer was that the items looked like some of the same old stuff, but tweeked and made more awesome. That's what it looked like at first glance. Maybe I'll give it a closer look later on. I was pretty impressed by the trailer and the game's potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom