• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So I Have a Major Problem.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
So three months before Skyward Sword comes out my wii decides it doesnt want to eject discs anymore. Ive tried getting the disc out with a paper clip, holding it upside down while holding the eject button, and just about everything short of taking it apart; and I dont exactly have $75 laying around to send it to Nintendo. Can anyone help? and tips, tricks, anything? Im growing desperate. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated=\

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
So, did you call Nintendo yet? Assuming you did, I'm not entirely sure. I've never encountered this problem before. Also, a question: is the disk playable? It probably won't be after you get it out.

After a little research, you could try these solutions:

1. Unplug Wii from power outlet.
2. Plug in Wii again.
3. Press power button.
4. Press Eject button for at least 10 seconds.
5. If the disc doesn't eject try holding down the power button for 10 seconds and then the eject button again.

or...

Put the Wii upside down, press eject, grab the disk, and pull it out.

If neither of these work, I'm afraid you're out of luck and you may have to just send it in to Nintendo. Hope it gets fixed in time for SS!

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Worse comes to worse, it is possible to open up the wii and manually take out the game disc. I don't really reccomend this, but it might be important to do this before you have a proffesional look at your wii. In order to do this, you will need a very small phillips head and a very small trigram (like a phillips head, but with only three wings, instead of four. these are easily ordered on amazon.com for really low prices.) You can literally take apart your wii and gently push out the disc with either screwdriver. However, before you do this, type your problem into the google or bing serarch engines. Many people will have likely posted about a similar problem on the forums, and many people have replied with cheap and simple solutions, in my experience. Good luck! :)

Sorry to post twice, but in retrospect, use a narrow tweezers as opposed to the paperclip. You might get a couple scratches on the disc, but you'll get a better grip. Good luck!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
This sounds like a serious problem. Even if you COULD get the disc out, which you probably can, you would likely just get the same problem with the next disc you inserted. It seems as though the mechanism which ejects the discs is damaged, and that just makes it too dangerous to put your valuable games into such a console. Let's use the analogy of putting your tapes into a broken VCR that won't eject properly. Often, that will result in having the tape inside your tapes pulled out and thus render the VHS tape useless. The situation isn't as bad for CDs, but there's still a good chance of scratching or damaging a perfectly good disc.

Don't leave this situation to chance. Save your money, send the console to Nintendo, and wait for Skyward Sword. I know that sucks, but it's the best thing to do in the long run. If by some chance you get a Wii U before you have enough money to repair the Wii, just play Skyward Sword on that console instead.

Big Octo

=^)
I once had a problem where my Wii wouldn't read any discs. It sat for a few months untouched, until I finally decided to ship it to Nintendo for repairs. Yes, the price was around 75$, so you're stuck there. Anyway, the estimated time for the Wii to return was something around 5-7 business days, but I actually got it back in two days.

So that was me, so I'm not sure about you. It seems like it won't be repaired if you don't have the funds, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I guess just take the advice of the people who have posted before me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom