• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So, Hidemaro Fujibayashi is the Director of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidemaro_Fujibayashi

I'm a bit iffy on the differences between "director" and "producer" in the world of video games. However, this guy contributed to the two Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Phantom Hourglass. Three outta four games being stellar? Not a bad track record at all. Guess we can see where part of the creativity from Skyward Sword comes from, then.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Spirit Tracks too. But the games aren't mutually exclusive. Anyone who works on the handheld team can move over to the console team and vice versa. I think it's refreshing that there's a new director with this game, that's not to say that Aonouma's getting stale, I'm sure him and Miyamoto have their hands heavily in this game considering it is a landmark Zelda title and they, and Tezuka have the most experience with Zelda.

I am very excited personally. I think a fresh director for a console Zelda is great and I personally loved all his handheld games. I think he nailed the side quest aspect so I hope that trait carries on into this game.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'm a bit iffy on the differences between "director" and "producer" in the world of video games.

The difference, if I'm not wrong, is that the director handles the creative aspect and watches over the big picture of what the game will end up like.

The producer mainly handles the more commercial aspects of the project including financing and marketing.

It's somewhat like that.

And Fujibayashi definitely has my trust. Phantom Hourglass may be cosidered a slightly below average Zelda, but it still has reviews that many other developers would like to get. So does Spirit Tracks. And don't even get me started on Minish Cap and the Oracles' games.

All those were filled to the brim with fresh ideas (time travel, dual-screen bosses and who could forget the puzzle where you pass the mark to your map by closing the DS?).

I wrote that as a reminder of the following: this guy's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom