• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild So, Falco is a Rito after all

Well, Falco is a Rito. Which makes Kass a Rito too, so maybe they come in parrot types too?

Some people swore blind that Falco (though i guess i should call him Riibaru since that seems to at least be his japanese name) was something other than a Rito. From Fokkas to hyper evolved Loftwings(??)... the jury was out.

But now we know. We have Rito in a game with red Zoras... what is BotW doing?

Is this an art style thing though?
The Rito in WW do look quite different from what Falco and Kass look like, but is this on purpose for story or is this simply a result of the art style being used?

Pen

The game is on!
Next they'll announce Kokiris to be in the game alongside the Koroks!

Anyway, I was one of the ones who definitely did not believe the Ritos in BotW to actually be Ritos. I'm kinda disappointed since (even though I always wanted to see the Ritos return) I don't like the changes they did to their design. I respect that the art style is different, but there are so many other things about how the Ritos in BotW look that make them very different from the Ritos in WW. That being said, they do still look good, so it's not a huge deal to me. I just wish they could have stayed more true to the original Rito design, or just have these bird people actually be a different race. I look forward to learning how the Ritos and the Zoras can coexist, if there even is a reason at all.

Anyway, I was one of the ones who definitely did not believe the Ritos in BotW to actually be Ritos. I'm kinda disappointed since (even though I always wanted to see the Ritos return) I don't like the changes they did to their design. I respect that the art style is different, but there are so many other things about how the Ritos in BotW look that make them very different from the Ritos in WW. That being said, they do still look good, so it's not a huge deal to me. I just wish they could have stayed more true to the original Rito design, or just have these bird people actually be a different race. I look forward to learning how the Ritos and the Zoras can coexist, if there even is a reason at all.

BotW might be like Brad Pitt in Fight Club

First rule of the timeline is that you do not talk about the timeline.

Second rule of the timeline is that you do NOT talk about the timeline.

I think these ritos are further evolved/developed than the ones in WW. I like the design personally. Didn't really like how they looked in WW. Too much human and not enough bird in that design, especially Medli.

I think Rito is actually more of a classification, rather than the name of a specific species... the 'avian Rito' and the 'Zoran Rito' are too different to be the same species, but they are similar enough to fall under a shared classification.
I think the Zora may actually be another example of this... river Zora are more like fish, while sea Zora are more like aquatic mammals... it seems unlikely for them to be biologically related, yet they are both classified as Zora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom