• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic So, Am I the Only One Who Thought That the Deadrocks Are Gorons?

Salem

SICK
So when OoT was released, it was known that the peaceful Zoras there are the same race as the enemy Zoras that we fought during the 2D games.

However the Gorons are a new race. I didn't know that back then, I originally thought the Gorons were also a race that was formally monsters that we fought in the 2D games. After the release of OoT, when I went back and played alttp, I knew the zoras were in it as well, but for a while I thought the gorons were also in it, does anyone remember the deadrocks?(here's a link to their page:http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Deadrock).

For the longest time, I thought they were the gorons, but after I discovered their actual names, turned out they're not, they're just a random group of enemies that aren't even good enough to have a set of official artwork from Nintendo....

So, I don't have a real point to this, just wanted to share a misconception about Zelda that I had as a kid. Was this common? Did anyone else have this mistaken assumption about the Gorons and Deadrocks?

Big Octo

=^)
Nope, I've never even made the connection. Dreadrocks always looked like little goblins to me, and for the longest time I referred to them as such. Although I've never heard of this misconception, I will say it's a credible one, given the river Zoras and sea Zoras, and an interesting concept as well.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I totally read this as 'Dreadlocks' and was wondering where the connection was coming from. :P

I didn't really think Dreadrocks were Gorons, but I suppose I can understand the misconception, given their appearance on Death Mountain.

Salem

SICK
So is it unanimous? No one else had this misconception? At least you understand where I'm coming from.;0

Dreadrocks always looked like little goblins to me, and for the longest time I referred to them as such. Although I've never heard of this misconception, I will say it's a credible one, given the river Zoras and sea Zoras, and an interesting concept as well.
First of, lol goblins, second, damnit Capcom for the "river/sea" Zora nonsense.

I totally read this as 'Dreadlocks' and was wondering where the connection was coming from. :P
Funny you should mention that, my browser insisted on "correcting" deadrocks to dreadlocks.:P

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have no idea what these are. I don't remember seeing them in ALttP at all, but maybe I just forgot about them. They seem like insignificant enemies.

They do kind of look like Gorons though... if you take out the wings, and the tail.... If those are wings and a tail.

Salem

SICK
I have no idea what these are. I don't remember seeing them in ALttP at all, but maybe I just forgot about them. They seem like insignificant enemies.
They're found in Death Mountain, they turn into stone whenever they get attacked. I don't think I knew how to kill them with a magic powder until I looked up the wiki page.:P

They do kind of look like Gorons though... if you take out the wings, and the tail.... If those are wings and a tail.
Yeah, I have no idea if those are wings or not, I thought they were tails, like I said, I haven't seen any official art for them, so we'll never know.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I just thought they were annoying. If I recall correctly, they're things that get in your way and when you "kill" them, they just turn to stone and stay in your way. I used to like using the Medallions on them - hit them en masse.

Sometimes, however, when replaying the very first Legend of Zelda game, I like to think of the tumbling boulders that sheer off Death Mountain to get you are dead or disguised Gorons. So, if you don' t want to be alone in having a weird mind... I'll give you that.

Salem

SICK
I just thought they were annoying. If I recall correctly, they're things that get in your way and when you "kill" them, they just turn to stone and stay in your way. I used to like using the Medallions on them - hit them en masse.
Do the Medallions kill them or just turn them to stone?
Sometimes, however, when replaying the very first Legend of Zelda game, I like to think of the tumbling boulders that sheer off Death Mountain to get you are dead or disguised Gorons. So, if you don' t want to be alone in having a weird mind... I'll give you that.
Wow, that's interesting, there were tumbling rocks on both LoZ and alttp, I wonder if THAT spawned the idea of the Goron race in OoT? Incidentally, we didn't see any dead Gorons in the series besides in MM, did we?

Also, having weird minds.:)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I never thought that myself, but I can see how you may have mistook them. They are indeed quite similar. Key difference though is that the deadrocks have wings or something on their back... Not sure what those are to be honest XD.

Salem

SICK
Yeah, I mean if you take out the "wings" then they're differently Gorons

You aren't alone. I thought that they were Gorons for a bit, and then I remembered that there were Gorons in OotA, which is just after ALttP.
Wow, so I'm not the only now, thanks man.:yes:

I also conviced my siblings of this, I'm not sure if they still believe me today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom