• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Snow Peak Ruins in Twilight Princess

Septimis Skype

TheLastCenturion
All my friends say that the Snow peak ruins in Twilight Princess is one of the harder dungeons and has one of the hardest bosses But I beat that dungeon in like 1 hour I thought it was easy what do you guys think.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It is one of the more popular Dungeons in the franchise the last time this was asked.

It's a nice take on the "traditional" dungeon, replacing it with someone's house.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I liked that dungeon. Blizetta was a very fun boss. None of the bosses in TP are tough though. I liked snowpeak ruins. It was a bit more challenging than other dungeons. I also liked the building itself and how things were located

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It's "Zelda-hard". There's a difference. No game after LA is challenging, especially the 3D ones.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It's not particularly difficult but I can understand why it troubles some people. I'd be lying if I said it didn't trouble me a bit too. For starters I am not good at sliding block puzzles when they are on ice. They're just something I have to really sit down and have a good ol' think about, so when I reach that part of the dungeon it slows me down while I work my through it. There's also a small key in a chest which is hidden in a patch of snow and you have to dig into it as a wolf. I almost always forget that key and spend about ten minutes wandering around wondering what to do next.

I think the main aspect of Snowpeak Ruins that gives people (or at last me) difficulty is the enemies. Those big Freezards can b a pain sometimes. The Ball & Chain is very effective at destroying them but its range is just the same as a Freezard's ice breath, so it's easy to get frozen while fighting them. The Chilfos were a particular pain. They're the ones with the long ice spears that are deadly up close and at range. There is a chapel-like room in the dungeon that is full of these things and I think it's the one part of the game in which I personally take the most damage.

There are certainly harder dungeons but I think the puzzle element to Snowpeak Ruins, combined with the specific enemies you find there do make it one of Twilight Princess's tougher dungeons. I actually find that quite exciting when replaying the game. It's got a nice level of challenge to it, I feel.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Overall I think the dungeon is great, on a challenge basis though...

Generally ice themes in any game tend to be quite tedious, the slippery surface makes it hard to navigate, which just adds that aspect of thinking before you move, this was also evident with the snow in the outside section. The ice themed enemies were also some of the more difficult enemies in the game, the likes of the chilfos were tricky. Then you had the likes of the ice keese and other ice themed enemies which, on contact, froze Link, so you had to watch otherwise they could deal quite a lot of damage.

The dungeon itself, wasn't hard in my opinion however its one of the harder dungeons within Twilight Princess , as I mentioned earlier, the enemies were tedious plus navigating was tricky and this was topped off with the interesting puzzle design of moving the cannon balls throughout the dungeon. However the two bosses were some of the easiest in the game in my opinion, all in all though an ok dungeon in terms of difficulty, of course TP was a rather easy game however this dungeon was one of the more challenging in the game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Being Twilight Princess, it's not a difficult dungeon at all. It's very straightforward, very simplistic, and has very easy enemies (although they're some of the more challenging ones for the game).

However, it's still constructed rather well, and it accomplishes its goal of feeling like a frozen-over mansion perfectly. It's also somewhat unique in that the goal isn't to get to a boss, but to find the key to the bedroom, so that's pretty cool.

Lewmonkaizer

luminouskaiser
Actually, the 1st time i played TP, i was stuck in that dungeon for a long time, but it was quite fun, enjoyed it a lot, plus it reminds me of when my big sister reacted to Blizetta, she even just asked: "HOW DO I BEAT THE CRAZY YETI?!". That dungeon brought many memories, it was fun, it had cool puzzles (even though ice puzzles are my least favorite) and...yeah, that's there is to say about it, it was a cool temple (no pun intended)

RANDOM LINK FTW :)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I haven't played this since it came out on GC, like i borrowed a friends GC and bought the game the day it cam out, i just completed this game seconds before posting in this thread, so i remember nothing of TP just some recognizable things!
It's a nice take on the "traditional" dungeon, replacing it with someone's house.
This
There's also a small key in a chest which is hidden in a patch of snow and you have to dig into it as a wolf.
this was really cool, and complete luck that i found it, i mean the one at the beginning you can see the chest sticking out, but if i did always use my would form to fight other wolves, i would have never seen the "Dig" Que. and it doesn't show up as a treasure stash. Why would they do that i mean, i would have had to come look at the guide to figure that out and i have yet to do that! just Crazy!

To add my own thoughts on the topic, the item you got in that dungeon did not come from a chest in traditional Zelda style, and do not believe i have ever seen it before or since! you got it from fighting a MiniBoss of sorts, which if you ask me was much harder than the end boss, and you picked up his weapon that he fought you with, this alone is Awesome. The Ball and Chain is a weapon itself that i had forgotten all about and really think is just a bad *** item, no matter how much use it really has!

As for the Ice theme, the only thing that made that dungeon hard was the fact that there were so many doors, and didnt remember which room which place you needed to be was, AND you had to be somewhat decent at following the Map, took me forever to fall through the floor holding the Ball to get the one chest. But the Infamous "Ice Floor Block Sliding Puzzle" it is usually the puzzle that takes me the longest every time. However somehow i got through it with not one mistake this time, cuz i didnt just start pushing blocks.

The whole story to this Dungeon was great, yes you were there for the mirror, but there was a story for every direction you were going, lookin around for the sick yetis Key. Building the soup and finally having the something past superb soup is a fun part of the dungeon. and the love between the two was just great, and it wasnt all Cutesy like, it was just Love. So bottom line is i think it is an amazing Dungeon!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love the Snowpeak Ruins. Though not my favourite dungeon in the game, it is in my top 4 (Behind only the Lakebed Temple, Forest Temple, and Arbiter's Grounds). In terms of difficulty, I certainly do not find it difficult. I'm not calling it easy exactly, but it was rather simple.

The main thing that gave me trouble, besides the enemies, was the Ice block Puzzle, which I have since memorized. It does have some clever puzzles, like transferring the cannonballs from room to room, but they were pretty much all really easy to figure out, they were just time consuming to do. The enemies, however, are a different story. The freezards gave me so much trouble when I first played the game, and so did the Chillfos (especially the one in the entrance room, when you jump across the chandeliers). The Mini Freezards were just annoying.

So, overall, not a very difficult dungeon, just time consuming, with some rather annoying enemies.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
One of the better dungeons in the game, and probably the hardest combat wise. Those damn Chilfos and Freezards. The music in it is the best dungeon music the game offers, one my personal favourites. The puzzles are nice, and the story going around is really sweet. Thumbs up to this dungeon. :yes:

MW7

I don't think it's hard, but I would say it's one of the harder ones in Twilight Princess. I'd say at least the Lakebed Temple and City in the Sky are harder and maybe Arbiter's Grounds too. However, it's definitely my favorite dungeon in Twilight Princess because of the ice house theme, ice block puzzles, keys randomly hidden in the snow, cannonball puzzles, and the most difficult enemies in the game. I really love little things like the key hidden in the snow. There are so few instances in the series in which you literally walk right past a key only to come back to it later. Also I like how after you know where it is, you can just dig it up immediately and skip the whole compass room.

As for the boss, it might be one of the hardest in Twilight Princess, but IMO that is saying very little. I think the dungeons of Twilight Princess are moderately challenging compared to the rest of the series, but the bosses were amongst the easiest ever. I would say there is a noticeable difficulty jump between the last two bosses and the bosses throughout the rest of the game. I thought even the mini-bosses in Twilight Princess were consistently more challenging than the bosses. So I guess I would agree that the boss of the Snowpeak Ruins is one of the hardest in the game, but it's only because the game's bosses were particularly easy even for 3d Zelda games.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's not the easiest, but I'm not sure if I would call it one of the hardest. It had a unique design, and had somewhat of a complexity to it. The enemies are a tad bit difficult, but they're not overwhelming hard, I mean, this is Twilight Princess we're talking about. As a dungeon overall, sure you /could/ call it one of the harder dungeons, but I suppose everyone's individual experiences help formulate such opinions.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i agree with atticus here. everyone kind of plays the game different, where as i CANNOT find ANY 3D Zelda game that has some difficulty MM stumped the crap outta me! as far as EVERY 2D entry in the series for some reason i just have a harder time playing them and the difficulty in 2D titles (and this is just my Opinion guys) are ALWAYS harder!

so back on topic, that dungeon can be really easy, as long as you dont do anything out of order, or go somewhere other than where the Yeti lady tells you too. if you an explorer like me, and just have at it, there are so many doors and rooms in the dungeon it could easy to get lost. Thats like the only thing i remember from my first playthrough, so i just did as i was told this time around!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Your friends must not be Zelda fans if they thought Blizzetta was hard.
Okay, that was kinda mean. Let me refrase...
*Ahem*
Your friends must not be Zelda fans if they thought Blizzetta was hard.
I'm all for the thinking the dungeon itself is hard as the puzzles in there can be a little daunting (dat freaking buried key), but Blizzetta, like every other boss in that game, announces her attacks and the strategy to beat her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom