• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Smitie's Fanart

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I started making zelda artwork 3 or 4 months ago and since this is the place for fanwork, I would like to share it with you. I usually draw the pictures by hand, scan them and then color it with GIMP or just color them with pencils. It may not look as awesome as other digital artwork, but as long as I enjoy making it, it is fine by me. I'm not very good with light and shadow effects so I often leave them away. It makes the images a bit flat, but as long as it I have fun making the image without shadows it is good enough for me :P

I'll post links because the pictures can be quite large. The art goes from newest to oldest and I'll update it as soon as I have new stuff (which can take a month or two :P)

The Dongorongo battle
Komali's Quest (Thanks petman for the title)
Seahat Attack
Valoo
Gleeok (PH)
Korok Concert
Lizalfos (OoT) NOTE- I made this one 4 years ago in paint

Feel free to comment, I can always use advice :)

Last edited:

Shnappy

derp
These are amazing, especially Seahat Attack and Valoo. As for constructive criticism, the edges could be a bit smoother, if you know what I mean. But I shouldn't be one to criticize, because I couldn't even come close do doing artwork like this. Great work, Smitie, keep on making more.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Seahat Attack: Very amazing work in there and it does remind me of Wind Waker! :)

Valoo: Very detailed, I loved it and it looks exactly like the official work of Wind Waker!

Gleeok: I am speechless. This artwork is FANTASTIC! I loved Phantom Hourglass, more importantly this boss! :D

As for the Korok Concert and the Lizalfos: Very detailed in design. And as for the Lizalfos it has major design detail, it looks great even if it was made 4 years ago.

For the criticism:
The edges could be a bit smoother, if you know what I mean.

I agree with him, and as for Valoo his feet look a little strange and Seahat Attack has some wavy lines going on. But other than that awesome work Smitie, keep on working at it!;)

I really liked the Seahat Attack and Valoo ones. For the Gleeok and Korok Concert ones, they were great as well. The only bad thing is that I would like to see more. Possible, adding Link battling Gleeok, and some sort of background or setting for the Korok one. But still, they are awesome. The last one was, you know, basic. However, using paint, it rocks. Its actually really good considering.

Nice work Smitie!

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate any kind of critisism to improve my work. And you are all right, I should have made some background in the korok concert and gleeok, but I never tried it (and I was a bit lazy). Maybe I'll add some background/action in the future. I'm currently working on something new, so stay tuned :)

linkman8

True and Noble
Wow, Smitie, you're really great at fanart! Like the others I think Valoo and the Seahat Attack stood out the most. And don't sweat it too much on the backgrounds, when I draw anything, backgrounds are the least of my concerns most of the time. :D

octorok74

TETTAC
I really like the fire effect in the Gleeok picture. It looks so real. The Korok picture is excellent. Maker is so cute when he is playing his violin.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I finally have a new piece. I tried to get not too many wavy lines (i use the paintbrush to color a white background, so if I forget a pixle or two the line looks wavy) and I tried to create a light effect of the lava. I'm not sure if it worked out well, but I like it ^^.

I added the new picture in the list. I would really appreciate some comments on the background and light/shading effects, since I find those the most difficult.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Komali...

You have a nice thing going on with the lava glow there, but there needs to be a little bit more - epecially on Komali's white areas. White is a superb reflector of light, so a colored glow, as from lava, would show up more on it. It would make the image look less flat.

Likewise, a little curved spark of glow on his beak would make his beak look more natural. Maybe even a little glow-light on the indvidual twists of his rope would help, too.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
You've done a great job on all of the hard work you've done on those pieces of artwork. Yeah, Komali's Quest looks a whole lot better on the computer, rather than my phone. Yet, great use of shading techniques, and I hope that you create more artwork like this in the future.

As for your other works, the Seahat Attack was quite colorful, but the shading needed a bit of improvement (King of Red Lions has no shading, while Link has shading, and the Seahat has shading opposite of what it should be). Valoo looks good enough to be concidered you ripping it from the game and slapping your name on it. I've seen and rated the other works, but, they're all great works as well. Keep up the good work, Smitie. :)

By the way, Shadsie, I don't get what white glow would do when the lighting is orange, not white...>.>

L

Link_man

Nice, I love drawing too and I also love viewing other peoples art work. This is an old drawing I drew a year ago. Since then I have gotten a lot better.
p.htm

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
After a long period of total deadness, I made a new artwork piece. I used the classic color pencils to draw and color it :). I made this to test out coloring with pencil, but the scanner doesn't see all the colors in the background so that is a bit paler than I would like.

Because the picture is very large, I'll just post the link. I know the title is stupid, but I couldn't think of a more awesome title.

The Dongorongo battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom