• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Smash Palutena Reveal Trailer Makes Zelda Look Like It Would Be a Good Anime

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I'm not much of a fanservice guy, i personally want something like FMA, a great anime that doesn't need fanservice. But i do agree with a Zelda anime, i just imagine how epic and mature it could be compared to the kiddy american cartoon we got in the 80s.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I really didn't like the dialogue. It was neither serious nor enjoyably campy. I didn't like it here of in Uprising, to be honest

Honestly, Link probably had the best speaking part.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Yes, I think that this is the best proof we have that a Zelda anime would be the best option for bringing Zelda into another story telling media, not a movie or a western cartoon (unless it was an anime movie).

I really didn't like the dialogue. It was neither serious nor enjoyably campy. I didn't like it here of in Uprising, to be honest

Honestly, Link probably had the best speaking part.

I agree, the acting/ dialogue was not the tailor's strong pint. It is the animation that shows the potential for an anime like this from Nintendo, the dialogue could be fixed easily if Nintendo hires a decent director and/or writer.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
You're complaining about the dialogue in a short video?

The dialogue did its job: It introduced a new character to the series. It wasn't meant to be deep.

Maybe I'm biased in that I *love* Kid Icarus: Uprising and the little short-intro used the humor that is present in that game - which I enjoyed. The game uses a kind of snarky, fourth-wall breaking, trollish humor that is not to everyone's taste. (And then those of us who like it, *really* like it).

I would agree that it wouldn't fit a full-scale Zelda anime, though. Kid Icarus humor is Kid Icarus humor. Expecting a Zelda anime to follow KI-writing would be like watching an X-Files episode with Seinfeld-humor... (I loved both shows, but it wouldn't work)! The Zelda series, though it has a lot of whimsy, *is* more serious and would demand more a more serious writing style. Also, Zelda is an escapist "fairy tale" style world unto itself that wouldn't do very well breaking the fourth wall a lot.

I actually got an idea for how Link's dialogue would work after seeing this topic. I don't think a voiced Link should be completely without words, but I do think he should be "a man of few words." That is, much like with the dialogue-trees in the games, Link only speaks when it's important, when he needs to. Example: Most times he goes into stores in the anime, he should just be able to point to get what he wants, but he goes into a store where the shopkeeper doesn't know what he means, so he has to politely, dryly say "Bombs, please." It could even be lampshaded, with other characters who've known him since childhood saying that "he speaks little, being more a person of action."

And most of the story-speech is carried by other characters, as in the games.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Shadsie said:
I actually got an idea for how Link's dialogue would work after seeing this topic. I don't think a voiced Link should be completely without words, but I do think he should be "a man of few words." That is, much like with the dialogue-trees in the games, Link only speaks when it's important, when he needs to. Example: Most times he goes into stores in the anime, he should just be able to point to get what he wants, but he goes into a store where the shopkeeper doesn't know what he means, so he has to politely, dryly say "Bombs, please." It could even be lampshaded, with other characters who've known him since childhood saying that "he speaks little, being more a person of action."

I'm thinking the how much he talks would vary between Links, we both write SS Link as...idk, talking as much as the average person if that makes sense. TP or OoT Links would probably fit that bill better.

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
The pokemon anime? Fans can make a better one imo. It was cool a decade ago, now it's just lame. But that's just my opinion...

That's true , it was better back then , but I just cannot escape nostalgia. but looking back at my post that was a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom