• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Slingshot... Not So Useless?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The slingshot's great, especially against bulblins. Did you know that if you hit a bulblin with the slingshot and they haven't seen you, they die? The slingshot is always a good idea, I just think it's far too easily forgotten, like Deku Nuts in OoT and MM.

I thought the Slingshot was pretty usefull if you didn't have any arrow's left. I was like, "Man, why do we need this cruddy Slingshot for? This is just horrible. -insert more negativity in here-". Stuff like that. But once I seen the "Other" item's we get, Dominion Rod, Spinner, etc. I was like.... I think this is better than those other's. -_-

But if you think about it, the Slingshot can be a good subsitute for the Bow and Arrow when you're running low, or just out of arrow's. I learned that the hard way apparently.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I always prefer the Hero's Bow over the Slingshot without a doubt. Maybe that's because I tend to enjoy picking off targets (such as the Bulblin Archers) from a long range. If you're "sniping" with the Slingshot, you have to take projectile motion physics into account, which requires a lot of trial and error for me; arrows, though, travel straight, so it's far better to use the Bow for long range.
Another thing I really like about the Bow over the Slingshot is that finding ammo is easy. When I run out of arrows, it's never a problem because I know arrows are everywhere. I rarely ever see pumpkin seed refills though.
And, of course, arrows are more powerful and hurt more enemies than pumpkin seeds.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Your statement is true, but here's the thing: you never actually run out of arrows. There are pots literally everywhere filled with arrows, bombs and rupees, so many of them that I actually never found myself running out of them.

I think I would've used the slingshot more for keese and stuff, but I didn't want to press start and change my items, and I usually had the bow equipped so I just used that. I think in Skyward Sword I'll be using the slingshot a lot more since it will be faster and you have to choose an item right before using it anyway, so why waste arrows when I can use the slingshot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom