• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Slingshot... Not So Useless?

Okay, so i was playing TP, thinking, UGH, slingshot, its sooo useless. SO i started ACTUALLY USING IT.

Its not that useless, it really helps to save arrows, and it works great for Keese, Rats, and for shooting bubbles out of the air. I know the bow does this, but it really helps save arrows. I played through all of Arbiter's Grounds, and i only used my bow a few times, (Using bomb arrows on ReDead KNights and Stalfos), and i used my slingshot ALL the time.

So, in conclusion. Its not useless. I actually like it.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I honestly thought the slingshot was useful for the first hour or so of the game until you brought this up. I agree, it could be useful for closer range combat on aerial enemies if your preferred combat style is that. Every person has their own combat style. Some people use the slingshot as reserve ammunition after the arrows have been depleted. Some people can use the slingshot, as I said, for close combat on aerial enemies that the sword alone cannot reach.

Once I got the bow and arrow, however, I never used the slingshot besides when I ran out of arrows. Your style seems to reflect the second method I had said. As I said, truly depends on the player.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I believed the slingshot was one of the most useless things in thegame. Now that you brought it up I actually tested it out, and you were right; it is not as useless as it can be. It is great for saving arrows, and you can refill the seeds easier.

Now i just need to find a new use for the spinner and dominion rod, lol.

Also,Ghosi, i love the Brawl In the Famly Avatar. I cant wait for the landmark 300 comic sometime today.. it isnt up yet ><

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Slingshot is indeed very useful when you want to save arrows. The same as the Ball and Chain is useful against some boulders instead of using arrows. Everytime I play TP or any other Zelda game I can't wait till I got the Bow and arrows. But lately I use the Slingshot a lot against the aerial enemies (especially when I'm in a hurry). It really depends on what you like the best.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Now i just need to find a new use for the spinner and dominion rod, lol.

Also,Ghosi, i love the Brawl In the Famly Avatar. I cant wait for the landmark 300 comic sometime today.. it isnt up yet ><

Thank you! I know, I love BitF. I'm really anxious to see that 300th comic! :D Here is a way to use the spinner. You can kill enemies easier, when there is many of them. Baby gohmas are an example. I still do not know what to do with the Dominion Rod though...:(

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You need the Dominion Rod to move the Statues and later when Shad accidentally restores the Rod you can use it to move Statues and find treasures ;) But if you mean using it against enemies after the Temple of Time it won't help you much.

Well, I'm not very concerned about how useful an item may be at all. I don't even use the bow all that much, only when I have to really. Now that I think about it, I really haven't been using any items beside the Master Sword, the Hylian Shield, and the Double Clawshot. I only use the bow to hit enemies that are seriously annoying to hit with a sword, or to hit switches that I can't reach with the Double Clawshot. I only use the Ball and Chain to destroy boulders, and to kill enemies when I'm surrounded. I think I actually did find something to do with the Dominion Rod, too, but I guess it was so unimportant that I forgot it.:xd:

Lol. Can someone check out my baseball bat theory? I would, but im not that far yet, im almost there though. I wish i had my old save file, before it was corrupted.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes, it is useful to use against keese and smaller enemies, and to savor your arrows. Besides, if Nintendo keeps on putting the slingshot in nearly every game, it must at least serve some purpose... for 1 hour...
But still, it's a good tactic to use for the smaller guys or hitting targets at close range.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
slingshot can be useful as a close range combat where sword can't reach, it even can reload faster than the bow and arrows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom