• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyword Sword Title Art, Clue?

Now look at the SS title art. What do you see? Yes, wings, could this mean that there will flight in the game? Thoughts?
As it's been mentioned, this is the crest of the Royal Family. I'm fairly certain whatever significance it has will relate to the Royal Family, Hyrule's founding, or the heavens and the Goddesses.

Flight is incredibly unlikely at this point... almost impossible. This is because Link uses the Skyward Sword to travel between Skyloft and the land below. Why would he use the power of the sword if he could fly? There's a vague possibility of the sword ALLOWING him to fly. But what then? Superman flight? =\

Oh wow, good thinking, this could be the origins of the master sword, and perhaps the origins of the hyrule kingdom as well!
Hyrule is run by evil... so maybe when the evil is gone, Hyrule is created! Or I dunno... maybe zelda plays an important role... maybe it'll be the very first princess zelda in the series!
Actually, this is kind of what I'm going with. I think we're going to see something along the lines of the founding of Hyrule. Or at least during it's early days, or when it was very different or under different rule.

I'd been thinking about this too... what I'd really like to know though is the Japanese name for the game- they tend to be a clue as well because usually they differ slightly in meaning. Take ST for example, the English name is "Spirit Tracks", but the actual Japanese name translates as "Train Whistle of the Earth" (or something to that effect). Looking at both names and the logo together, it tells us that along with trains being important, spirits, the actual tracks themselves and the train whistle are intended to play an important role as well. Throughout the game the train whistle is actually used for various important purposes, but without looking at the Japanese name it doesn't spring out really in western gamers' minds...

If we could learn the japanese name, it might help to shed some light on what the actual purpose the Royal Crest plays in the game, and what it is meant to symbolise (flight? founding of the royal family? etc). But regardless, this it is a great point you've stumbled on here, Con-man :3
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought of it that way. Still, the Japanese and American titles always seem roughly equivalent to me... I dunno, that ST title doesn't say much more than Spirit Tracks to me, at least. Maybe I'm nuts. :sweat:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The Logo revealing a clue to SS? Sounds interesting

I've read some posts here, and my views are fairly the same, the founding of Hyrule and the creation of the Royal Family. IF this is indeed the prequel, then I assume that 2 things will occur:

1. Link's travels from Skyloft to Hyrule MAY inspire the hylians, those who live under skyloft, get the idea of using wings of to create a special symbol, and those people who created it will or may act as the royal family.

2. Since Link is indeed is going to and fro, then I assume he will have a special item or ability that will give him flight, either by growing wings from the blade and using them, or the blade itself will guide link as he falls. Link's Sword is special, being a blade that can banish evil, so I expect that as Link slays more monsters below, his blade(and the being representing it) will gain and absorb power, and purifying it, thereby increasing it's ability, and soon after Link has made the land of Hyrule at peace, then I assume that he will live in Hyrule. He can't return to skyloft. Why? Cause the blade was acting as his guide to the world below, so it is a bridge to Skyloft and Hyrule. And the blade will be enshrined in a temple by the Hylians, then it will be forgotten, only known to the Royal family.

All these Ideas came from the Logo of Skyward Sword. The sword is in the title, so I used the sword as a medium for descent and ascent. The fact that the Mark of the Hylain crest is there, means that the mark MIGHT have been created in the game. But this is just my opinion. I would like to see more, but I also want to see the Japanese Title, like what NorthApple said. That title might reveal more clues.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
It might have already been mentioned in this thread, so sorry if it has.

If you look at the hylian crest in the logo, its slightly different than the normal crest. The normal one has the Triforce between the "wings" while in this one the Triforce is above them. In the Triforce's place, there is a little arrow-head shaped triangle that's partly obscured by the title. Look at the two crests side by side and you'll see what I mean.

Do you think this is significant?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized this version of the crest has been used before and is nothing new. >.<

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Hmm I think it could be a reference to the MS in flight... i know that sounds strange and it is, but for some reason I always associated that symbol with the MS. I think it's because of the hilt of the blade and how it has that upward sweeping design on the crossguard of the sword. Which is similar to the royal family crest. Since this is supposedly an origins story (although i'm not completely convinced of that yet) it could explain the origins of the crest as well but we did see a hylian shield with the crest on it already so I'm unsure if any of what I just said is even remotely correct.

Another theory is that in this Zelda game Link could find out that he has some connection to the royal family or maybe the knights of hyrule.. since the symbol for the game usually has something to do with our heroes new adventure. I'm sure now that during this Link's travels to the world below he will encounter the royal family, I think that is a given. He will meet Zelda and possibly the king. Else why would they feature the royal family crest?

Maybe the royal family (or whats left: Zelda) is in danger lol did I really just say that? lol but who knows we might see a bigger royal fam... everyone seems to think this hyrule will be smaller or less developed this time cause it's an origin story and that would mean less settlements and people but I hope it's the opposite. I wanna see lots of people in hyrule who are all scared of the dark forces but then u save them all.

F

Fierce_Midna333

it could be possibly about flight, but I personally don't think so. Its the same symbol of the royal family, and i agree wih Lady_Yuna; I think it may signify the beginning of the royal family. Or maybe I'm just looking into things too much... :P

Con-man

Master Swordsman
I like what Raven said about how the MS has a similar design on it. I think we can rule out flight a mode of transportation, but the game being about the origins of the royal family as well as the MS sounds very likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom