• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword's Rating

So far, what do you think SS's rating will be?

• EC for Early Childhood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E for Everyone

• E10+ for Everyone (10 and up)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • T for Teen

• M for Mature (17 and up)

• AO for Adults Only (18 and up)

• Total voters

DLC

Soul Drummer.
nintendo tries to keep thier zelda games E rated and i think they learned thier mistake with TP so im saying E rating. probly not the best choice now that i think about it, its probly E 10+. oops, i already voted E

learned their mistake? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't TP one of the best selling zelda games of all time? A T rating makes it appeal to older Gamers,and considering the average age of a gamer is 30, it might help sales.

IHNo

The Other Side
I would be abundant with joy if the game was AO. Imagine all the scenes you would find in that. Can I say Goron on Zora

You've....burned my mind!! :sick:

Back on topic (slightly): If this game does indeed pull a Teen rating, can you imagine what other sick things Ghirahim might say? I mean, as fabulous as he is, this dude is pretty....messed up. :S

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
I hope for a T rating and it seems like it might be that. But I voted E 10 because Nintendo seems like they try to make the games for lots of ages... I never caught Ghirahim's weird quotes though but from what it sounds like, they seem T. SS doesn't seem as dark as TP also.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am 100% sure that the game will either be rater E10+ or T. I think the main reason for Twilight Princess' main T rating was the realistic graphics, and with Skyward Sword's more impressionistic graphics, I think it will make the game E10+, for some cartoon violence.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I am 100% sure that the game will either be rater E10+ or T. I think the main reason for Twilight Princess' main T rating was the realistic graphics, and with Skyward Sword's more impressionistic graphics, I think it will make the game E10+, for some cartoon violence.

This. Twilight Princess also had that incredibly violent Finishing Blow. I doubt that Skyward Sword's 1:1 swordplay will be capable of such graphic feats. Hence, E10 is the most likely rating.

IHNo

The Other Side
I never caught Ghirahim's weird quotes though but from what it sounds like, they seem T.

Here are some quotes for you then:

"I thought the tornado I stirred up would have torn you apart, yet here you are. Not that your life or death has any consequence."
"Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! This turn of events has left me with a strong appetite for bloodshed."
"Which is why I promise up front not to murder you. No, I'll just beat you within an inch of your life!"

He's very....interesting.

I think the main reason for Twilight Princess' main T rating was the realistic graphics, and with Skyward Sword's more impressionistic graphics, I think it will make the game E10+, for some cartoon violence.

Well realistic graphics don't neccessarily mean it's a dark or T-rated game. The same thing goes with colorful graphics as well; it does not point it towards being E or E10+. Twilight Princess is rated T because of Fantasy Violence and Animated Blood. However, I'm not sure where the blood thing comes in. I don't recall ever seeing it. So it's mostly just the violence - and so far, SS seems pretty violent (most of this coming from Ghirahim.... *shivers*). However, just because one part of the game oozes with violence, does not mean the rest of the game is that way. But seeing as we'll be meeting Ghirahim more than once, I wouldn't be so surprised.

TP emphasized on the dark side of things, thats why it had a T rating, and MM had a E rating (or E10, but I don't think they had that yet when it was made) 'cause although dark at some points, it didn't concentrate on it like TP did. So my vote is on the E10, 'cause you can easily see it won't be as dark as TP, but that doesn't mean it can't have dark or deep moments like MM. The rating is on if kids are mature enough to see the things without taking any innocence or give them nightmares. It doesn't at all apply to the fact if they are too young to understand something a character said if it is deep and meaningful, but if what they said is TOO violent or sexual... Well, I think it would have to be a T rating. But odds are, its gonna be E10+.

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think it'll be rated T, there's a lot more to a game's rating than graphics, even though TP was rated T mostly because of the rabid enemy designs.

I'm sure there'll be those moments in SS....

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't think it will be below 10+ at all, and I hope that it's not more than T (although based off of what we've seen so far, that won't happen). I voted T even though my opinion is probably leaning slightly more towards 10+.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think it will be AO, like GTA SA. It will have strong language, explicit sexual content and blood and gore.... Wait, what game are we talking about? Skyward Sword... right. E10+ or T I'm thinking.

Voting for T because ST and OoT 3D got an E10+ rating. I have a weird feeling that SS is going to be sorta dark because of the character interaction in the game. Majora's Mask was a dark game because you can feel sorry for the characters in the game. Now in SS, we might get to see the hardships and the mature times that some people might have gone through.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Didn't Wind Waker have Link inserting the Master Sword right into Ganon's forehead? That still got an E.

Actually, that was something Nintendo took care to ensure would still earn an E rating - though he did thrust the sword into his forehead, Ganon simply turned to stone, rather than meet a grisly, graphic death. He technically "died", but turning to stone visually ensured an E rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom