• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Won the Video Game Death-match Against Assassins Creed!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yay! I knew it should win, but I doubted it would, what with fan boys...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
And we "prepubescent" Zelda fans may take our triumph in stride. Remarkable as I'm sure Skyrim and Assassin's Creed are, I'm far more pleased with this turnout. For Skyward Sword to meet accomplishment on a site that generally degrades it bespeaks a lot about it's authority there. And that's about all I'll add to this topic. ;)

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I have to say, i didn't think Zelda would of won since most people who watch G4 are xbox and Playstation fans, but we did it somehow. This is our 25 anniversary present to Miyamoto and the SS team :)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56655/best-of-2011-videogame-deathmatch-best-of-2011-winner/

G4 should shoot themselves for their last comment >.>

"anger always wins"

Clearly anger didn't win. The Skyrim fans were certainly mad that they were behind. The comments they made were as immature as G4 is. I know of multiple people who created many accounts, trying to make Skyrim win. And when it lost, they were beyond angry.

Also, if Anger always wins, Skyward Sword fans need to spam the site so that it will be given GOTY. They didn't even nominate it for GOTY, and it went to Skyrim.

Poor Skyward Sword.

Ok first thing i need to say is this game is my favourite game ever.
But sadly skyward sword has not been getting awards beside's wining the GT death match and this is because it was released to late in time for the award people (what ever you call them) to put them into consideration. Cmon!!!!! Skyward sword owns. They need an award by the end of this year or i will be outraged with anger.:mad:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The death match is the fans opinions, so winning that is great already!

I'd like to point out that the awards for games in 2011 are usually given after the year concludes. What other awards have been given so far?

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
I think the Deathmatch has justified the gaming community's admiration for this game.
A lot of game awards like the 'VGA's are said to be based on how well they sell and the choices are pretty biased which just lowers the respectability for this event; it means nothing. There's nothing to get worked over award events like these.

When it comes to 'peoples choice awards' it has so much more value. And if Skyward Sword wins in any of them, I would be happy enough. It shows that the community has taste and knows a great game when they see one. I would think that Nintendo will be pleased if they knew that such a majority has noticed such a masterpiece that they've worked so hard on.
Considering the gaming industry today, with the appeal going toward generic gritty games, FPS and all that Hardcore stuff, Skyward Sword had some competition-- but it won because the audience loved it, and that's all that matters.

Z

Zelda's Boy Toy

The game is definetely awesome - and sure the awards are nice - but I think nintendo would way rather high sales and increased revenue - it is our money we feed them that allows them to continue making more zelda games. I am personally waiting for one where link is a grandpa now.

While I agree that the game is amazing and under appreciated, it is impossible for a real award in todays world where everything is voted on over the internet and anyone can create as many email accounts and vote more than once (some don't even require email, just keep clicking the button). It is impossible to have a fair "death match" or legit award system when people vote more than once. It is all opinion anyway, who cares about awards anymore when it comes to this system of voting? It is a great game, we know it... Who cares what anyone else says?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom