• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Release Date

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
So we all saw the post on the main page a few days ago with the date Sept. 25, which is Best Buy's idea of a release date. I know Nintendo said that it will be a holiday release. I was just looking through the case for my copy of OoT 3D, and there was a pamphlet in there advertising the 25th Zelda anniversary, along with an ad that says SS will be released in Fall 2011. I think this gives new merit to Best Buy's date. Anyone else have an ideas of when it will come out. I know I'm not the only one waiting for SS, so any speculation?

I would just look out for a release date around the last four months of this year. (i.e. Q4) Crikey! Shouldn't this be good enough as of right now? :lol:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
My local gamestore says Early November but that's probably when they're getting their shipment of SwS in.

Basically Sept. 23rd sounds reasonable but it maybe like my situation above.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I hope it comes out towards the end of November because that's one less game I wouldn't have to worry about purchasing. If Skyward Sword was somehow released after the New Year; it would be a nightmare. :S

But In reality Fall goes about halfway through December on the calendar. So Holiday 2011 and Fall 2011 are the same thing. Yeah December 22 is the first day of winter.

I still think it'll be out November to push the Wii sales over holiday before they release Wii U. And Fall/Holiday makes sense for that. I would LOVE for it to come out sooner, but I seriously doubt it. :(

C

caroline.cm.55

I read from Best Buy Canada it comes out December 31st, 2011.
That's the last day of December and of the year, I really hope it comes out sooner.
Basically I hope it comes out in October before Halloween

Beeker

Wild Card
I read from Best Buy Canada it comes out December 31st, 2011.
That's the last day of December and of the year, I really hope it comes out sooner.
Basically I hope it comes out in October before Halloween

Usually with dates like December 31st usually mean the game does not have a release date, so they just put it as a placeholder. The way I see it, the release could go two ways(though still in the fall)

One is the holiday release, which would most likely be November. With this, it will have a boost because of holiday sales.
The other is this date in September/October. It's still in the fall, but a little early for the holiday season. if it does come out in September, it would most likely getting the Wii out of the way for the holiday, and maybe focus on something else, like the 3DS.

Either of these could work, I guess, but I think it'll have a November release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom