• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Movie.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I always thought of video games as "interactive movies." I think it would be a good idea, but only if it was live action.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think Skyward sword really needs to be a movie, it's fine as a game but it does not really have the best story for movie material. It is not the most popular and well known game of the franchise either. If ever a movie was made it would have to be based on Ocarina of time, the most well known and liked game of the franchise, since Ganon is the main villain of Zelda and one of the most famous it would make sense to have him as the villain in the movie and explaining his origins would be good for if any movie sequels were made. OOT has more of an epic fantasy feel to it and as a movie it would be very easy to have interaction between link and the people of Hyrule. SS's world is very empty and watching a film of link talking to Mogmas and Parella really does not appeal.

I must say that the idea of a live action Ghirahim would be exciting but that's about it.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
No, hasn't the Super Mario Bros. movie taught you anything?

Braivety

FPT | Breb
I think out of all the Zelda games, SS is probably the best choice for a movie idea. I would love to see this. If not a movie, then an anime. But it must be an anime, no American cartoony stuff or whatever.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I’m actually against Zelda movies. It’s possible a well-made 3D animated movie by companies like Pixar, Disney, or Dreamworks could pull something off, but I’m skeptical.

I’m very much against a live action Zelda movie, because let’s all be honest….it would suck. Suck really really bad, and would infuriate Zelda fans the world over.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
honestly, I'd prefer a manga of the the game's plot (Rather than just a prequel)... However if a movie DID ever come out, I'd probably go watch it just because I love anything Loz. Also could you imagine Ghirahim in 3D? FABULOUS!

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
i could see a Skyward Sword movie in a eather CGI or cartoon variety, however i also see it getting a 1/10, overall it would just be to corny to be good, if they made it i would watch it and most likely laugh at how stupid it is.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

No.... please no......... I don't want to see a Zelda movie of any kind. Regardless of Skyward Sword's great storyline, not everything works out as planned. A movie would just wreck the game in it's entirety.

Dang it, you sole my gif. But no, I do not think there should be any Zelda movie of any kind. When I think about a Zelda movie, I think about the Super Mario Bros. movie. If they can ruin a great franchise with a movie, they can just as easily ruin an excellent franchise.

Dang it, you sole my gif. But no, I do not think there should be any Zelda movie of any kind. When I think about a Zelda movie, I think about the Super Mario Bros. movie. If they can ruin a great franchise with a movie, they can just as easily ruin an excellent franchise.

The movie ruined Mario just as much as the CD-i games ruined Zelda: Not at all. They are just a footnote in either franchises history, humorous and terrible footnotes.

But I agree, I don't think the Zelda franchise would translate well to movie form.

i think it would give a pretty good movie cuz the lots of cutscenes 'n the story are fitting quite good for a movie,maybe some kind of anime studio chibli film...except the fact that link isnt talking and they had to make him to talk like in the mangas,i mean a movie with a hero that dont talks is a bit...stupid a vid game ok but movie...thats the reason for the mm opera not featuring link...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom