• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I encourage whoever Link is to use the second role claim of the day because you found your target, and you can back me up.

Yes, I agree, whoever Link is should probably speak up.

If I had to guess, I would say the green clad boy isn't actually looking for a specific character. He probably didn't go after anyone on the first night, then went after Blackkirby on the second night. When the kill didn't go through, he must have found it odd, probably thought it was the job of a roleblocker. He must have decided to go after Blackkirby again because something felt off, and there was a chance that the roleblocker would change targets. When the kill failed again, and theories of the jailer began popping up, the green clad boy must have agreed. The jailer and he must have likely been going after the same person, so when someone suggested that the jailer go for someone else since mafia kills weren't going through and their target had probably been mafia so the green clad boy could kill him, the boy must have thought that was a good plan. He was suspicious of Blackkirby as it was, and there was a final chance it would work. When the kill didn't go through again, the green clad boy realized that rather than outside intervention, his target must either be hiding, or be nightkill proof (which didn't assuage his suspicions as GF=no nightkill) but he realized he was wasting his abilities and costing the town an advantage, so he must have decided to go for someone else. Seeing as Frozen had turned out to be town, then his natural choice must have been Doc.
The green clad boy probably did go after Doc, who was protected by Mellow. However, since the green clad boy probably isn't only able to kill a specific target he had been looking for, and the previous nights were simply elements of chance, he probably can't 100% confirm that Doc is or isn't town, only that he did in fact go after him last night.

Of course that is all just speculation. As for my own thoughts, I am currently suspicious of Doc, Blackkirby, and Eduarda.

Doc- same reason as everyone else. Third member of the neighborhood, so prolly evil.

Blackkirby- this is entirely based on the the green clad boy's actions. I am thinking he is either the godfather or another nightkill-proof role.

Eduarda- ever since her day one actions, Heroine always struck me as a tad bit suspicious, unvoting Dekunut and all. Then, it made sense to me that if there was no jailer roleblocking the mafia, then the reason for their lack of kills had to be inactivity, and Heroine fit that role. Then, I am trying to figure out why the mafia would possibly go after musicfan. They know that he already used his role earlier in the game, everyone was aware of it. It would make more sense to go after Mellow, who made hints at being able to save the doctor role, or someone else on the chance that they might hit the vig. Why musicfan? My thought is either they just wanted to get rid of an almost confirmed town, or they weren't fully aware that musicfan had already used up his role. The only way I can see this happening is if the mafia is someone who wasn't present for earlier day actions, hence Eduarda.

tl;dr:
Here is my current list:
Likely Town
Mellow
Linkdude74
Batman
Sadia

Suspicious
Doc
Blackkirby
Eduarda

Overall, I'm not sure about Doc. I get a feeling that he isn't good, but after yesterday's failure over Frozen, I'm a bit more hesitant. Still, I think it is our best bet, so I'm going to
Vote: Doc

However, I advise that no one hammer yet. I want to hear what he has to say.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Well, it seems like I will most likely be lynched today. I don't see a way to save myself, I have absolutely no way to defend.

I'm not scum, I wish I could help you believe me. I am worried that through lynching me the town will lose a vote that is trying to help them win and secure the mafia's win.

As for Mezlo's reason for voting me, I don't believe that Link is a cop-vig however you all described it. A role like that sounds a bit OP, but I don't know. I may role claim later in the day if the vig doesn't (I'd much rather hear from them to see if they can clarify how their role works).

As of right now, the only evidence against me is that I am a member of the Neighborhood. Which time and time again, I have said I believe to be random. Frozen' character should show that. Gaepora and Fledge have a very thin connection to one another in SS, and, unless I'm mistaken, are never shown to even interact.

As for my vote, I will place it on

Vote Eduarda

I said before that Heroine narrowly surviving a lynch was suspicious. Scum want to jump on easy lynches, which Heroine would have been. The only reason that scum wouldn't secure Heroine's lynch, in my opinion, is because she was their scumbud. That's the only explanation I can think of at this point. Especially when they are so close to winning, letting a day go by with a no lynch doesn't make sense to me.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I guess I should defend myself? Well, I can't really. I can't speak for Heroine of Time's actions. And I know that doesn't mean her actions should be overlooked. But I can defend the part against me.
Eduarda- ever since her day one actions, Heroine always struck me as a tad bit suspicious, unvoting Dekunut and all. Then, it made sense to me that if there was no jailer roleblocking the mafia, then the reason for their lack of kills had to be inactivity, and Heroine fit that role. Then, I am trying to figure out why the mafia would possibly go after musicfan. They know that he already used his role earlier in the game, everyone was aware of it. It would make more sense to go after Mellow, who made hints at being able to save the doctor role, or someone else on the chance that they might hit the vig. Why musicfan? My thought is either they just wanted to get rid of an almost confirmed town, or they weren't fully aware that musicfan had already used up his role. The only way I can see this happening is if the mafia is someone who wasn't present for earlier day actions, hence Eduarda.
I knew that musicfan used his role, already. In my first actual post in the game, I put musicfan on the list of confirmed townies. Because I knew he used his role, and ended up killing a Mafia member.
So far, Batman, musicfan, and I guess I can add Mezlo too, are confirmed townies. That lessens to pool to 7 which isnt too bad. I never played Skyward Sword though, so I can't help with flavour. But it seems we might have 2 more scum left? Out of 20. But I think if there's another third party out there, then we probably might have just one scum left. Also, Link, go home. You're drunk.
I'm not sure as to why musicfan was killed, too. I think confirmed townie is the best answer but if the game still continues tomorrow, I'd like to look at musicfan's posts and see if I can catch another reason. Maybe the mafia found him as a threat?

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
@Doc I think you should claim. If Link isn't a cop-vig thingy, and is an actual Vig, and GDL is right with this all being chance, then I think it would be better you claim instead of the vig.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The problem I have with GDL's theory is that Pendio is known for his flavour, and there is absolutely nothing in the flavour for Link's actions that suggests roleblocks or protections or anything. It specifically states in all night scenes, and I'll quote them for proof, that he couldn't find his targets, which would mean that he is in fact looking for a specific person and was unable to find them. If he was roleblocked, we'd know. Look at the latest night scene; Pendio made it extremely obvious that he was protected, and that he had actually found his target.
Night 2
In the middle of the night a silent green clad boy was out in the city searching for someone. The boy had a sword drawn in his hand and he seemed to be ready to strike somebody down. As he kept sneaking he became more and more confused, as he was unable to find his target. After a very long time of looking around he put his sword away in the scabbard on his back and went home.
Night 3
Again this night a green dressed boy with a drawn sword was scouting around Skyloft at night searching desperately for his target. But again tonight, his target was nowhere to be found.
Night 4
The green clad boy was once again searching around the village for his target tonight. After having looked around almost all night through, he went home feeling very tired.

I know it's not the most concrete evidence, but it's something, and lynches, whether on town or scum, mean everything. Doc flips town, we have one more confirmed townie and the scum list is narrowed down. Doc's mafia, then fantastic! Even if it's at the expense of losing a townie, lynches give us information, and this information could be vital.

Look at the player count. There are still 8 players left, 2 of which are most likely scum. If Doc is mafia, that leaves us with 6 townies and 1 scum. If Doc is town, that leaves us with 5 townies and 2 scum, or 4 townies and 2 scum going into the next day. In either case, the mafia is still outnumbered, and the lower the numbers, the easier it is to find scum.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Look at the player count. There are still 8 players left, 2 of which are most likely scum. If Doc is mafia, that leaves us with 6 townies and 1 scum. If Doc is town, that leaves us with 5 townies and 2 scum, or 4 townies and 2 scum going into the next day. In either case, the mafia is still outnumbered, and the lower the numbers, the easier it is to find scum.

I am worried that there is more than just two scum left, but possibly three. The remaining two bosses and Demise. With that in mind, lynching me today will end with 7 people. Plus tonight's kill, tomorrow we will have six. This could very well be lylo and I am worried that we may be rushing to a lynch. It might seem like I'm saying that just to save my bacon, but considering there is already a possible hammer and we're not very far into the day, there isn't nearly enough discussion.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
@Doc I think you should claim. If Link isn't a cop-vig thingy, and is an actual Vig, and GDL is right with this all being chance, then I think it would be better you claim instead of the vig.
My claim would do me no good, really. Perhaps it will help dissuade some people but if I can't be trusted, it won't help. I'll probably claim soon though if the vig doesn't do so first. It looks like a big part of the suspicion against me is the fact that the green clad hero attacked me last night. Knowing that my character would never be Link's target, I assume that there is a different reason that Link couldn't find his targets the previous nights. The vig can hopefully provide a bit of insight on why those kills didn't go through or something.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
My claim would do me no good, really. Perhaps it will help dissuade some people but if I can't be trusted, it won't help. I'll probably claim soon though if the vig doesn't do so first. It looks like a big part of the suspicion against me is the fact that the green clad hero attacked me last night. Knowing that my character would never be Link's target, I assume that there is a different reason that Link couldn't find his targets the previous nights. The vig can hopefully provide a bit of insight on why those kills didn't go through or something.

This sounds suspiciously like you're trying to get the vig to claim so your scum buddy can target him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom