• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Intro and File Selection Screen

Was just about to post this. Awesome stuff!

Notice at the point when the water colors form the picture of a Goddess with the harp/lyre we see some figures behind her. Well, one of the figures is obviously a Goron, a Mogma, and one of those penguin-things that pop up from the ground. This leads me to believe that they are showing us the different races in this game. With that said, I do not see anything that resembles a Zora, Gerudo, or Kokiri. One of them kind of looks like a Poe, but I doubt that's what its suppose to be. The other is brand new as well.

BIG SPOILER SPECULATION:

Naamloos.jpg
Ghirahim?! This could very well confirm Ghirahim is not alone...

Also, the big bad looks a lot like pig Ganon, as expected...
The harp seems to be more important than I thought, since the Goddess is also seen with it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Phi/Fi sounds awesome! I guess with the sword Link initially gets being called the Goddess Sword, that would explain why Phi calls him Master. Because he is the wielder of the blade she inhabits.

so they are reffering to a new demon lord, and a new war, (or i guess an older war since its a prequel)...or is it the same war as told in oot LTTP (yes I know that war supposedly ended a few years before oot)

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Here it is:

[video=youtube;veuM2xrIwk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veuM2xrIwk4[/video]

This is almost identical to Spirit Tracks. I have a working understanding of Spanish, so that's useful. All he's (the presenter) saying at the start is that you have to calibrate the remote to begin before you start playing in order to be the "most precise possible".

First line that I can see on the screen, with the ominous demon in red, after the guy shifts his camera to the left is:

From the bowels of the Earth emerged the most pure of evil.

Next line:

Something about his brutal attacks wrapping people in their worst nightmares. Essentially, he's a really evil dude doing evil stuff.

Next Line:

His evil demolished forests, dried up rivers and destroyed life.

Next Line:

He wanted to obtain some omnipotent power of the Goddess.

Next Line:

An absolute power, in other words.

In that scene with the races, we see Zelda, or Hylians/Skyloftians in the middle, a Goron to her left, a Mogma to the Goron's left, what looks like one of those penguiny things to Zelda's right, what looks like a Zora to the penguiny thing's right, and one of these to the extreme right (our left):

New Race.jpg

So that's all the races covered, is it not?

Last edited:
Something about his brutal attacks wrapping people in their worst nightmares. Essentially, he's a really evil dude doing evil stuff.

I think this is actually to be taken literally. Doesn't Link have crazy nightmares all the time? *hint hint*

That actually brings me to something interesting; if Link is having nightmares, it could mean the big baddie isn't dead, but severely weakened or something.
This could lead to some unusual characterization of the big baddie, with him meeting and talking to Link in his dreams. That way he won't feel completely faceless like Malladus in Spirit Tracks.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I think this is actually to be taken literally. Doesn't Link have crazy nightmares all the time? *hint hint*

That actually brings me to something interesting; if Link is having nightmares, it could mean the big baddie isn't dead, but severely weakened or something.
This could lead to some unusual characterization of the big baddie, with him meeting and talking to Link in his dreams. That way he won't feel completely faceless like Malladus in Spirit Tracks.

The plot thickens!! Dude's not dead, Link has some sort of connection to him, Link's bird has connection to the ground, I think Link is some sort of mediator between the two, a, dare I say it, messenger to the heavens. No? Ok.

The plot thickens!! Dude's not dead, Link has some sort of connection to him, Link's bird has connection to the ground, I think Link is some sort of mediator between the two, a, dare I say it, messenger to the heavens. No? Ok.

Well, I wouldn't say he has a specific connection to him, but it's possible.
The thing about the bird is that, even though Aonuma said it has a connection to the ground, there's nothing suggesting the same in-game. We haven't seen anything special from it.
Link's role as messenger to the heavens in this game has been established a long time ago.

EDIT: This screenshot is the first thing seen when the host of the demo opens a new save file;
trees.jpg

It's probably the start of Link's dream.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm guessing that the big "devil horn" guy in the middle is the King of Darkness (the leader of the Dark Tribe) mentioned in FSA.

BIG SPOILER SPECULATION:

View attachment 18049
Ghirahim?! This could very well confirm Ghirahim is not alone...

Definitely Ghirahim. Looks way too much like him to not be. There are also some figures that look like the "Pendas" and Gorons later, so that backs that idea up tremendously. (Oh, and Ghirahim has already said that there are others with him, so he's definitely not alone. As I've been saying for the longest time, Ghirahim will be one of the "dark interlopers" mentioned in Twilight Princess.)

Also, the big bad looks a lot like pig Ganon, as expected...

I kind of expected this, as well, but I slightly doubt that's what he'll actually look like. That's just my personal opinion, though. Not saying it won't be, just saying it might not. (The guy looking like Ghirahim and the races thing I mentioned kind of suppresses that, though.)

The harp seems to be more important than I thought, since the Goddess is also seen with it.

Indeed. My guess is that Ghirahim is after the harp.

Last edited:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Well, I wouldn't say he has a specific connection to him, but it's possible.
The thing about the bird is that, even though Aonuma said it has a connection to the ground, there's nothing suggesting the same in-game. We haven't seen anything special from it.
Link's role as messenger to the heavens in this game has been established a long time ago.

EDIT: This screenshot is the first thing seen when the host of the demo opens a new save file;
View attachment 18058

It's probably the start of Link's dream.

That reminds me so much of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask:D

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I don't think he looks like big Ganon at all, I think people are purposely wanting to see Ganon everywhere.

He just looks like a baddie... a nightmare baddie... the idea that he meets Link in his dreams is cool.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
My gosh...

They're after the 'absolute force'...
Could the absolute force be the Triforce?

And then...
'They' could be the Dark Interlopers!

IT ALL MAKES SENSE! IT FITS PERFECTLY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom