• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: Hyrule

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hello All, this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes.

Has ''the land below the clouds'' actually been confirmed as Hyrule? If so, could someone Link me to confirmation. I know it's kinda stupid, but.... :)

Thanks!

CrazyforCuckoos

Purveyor of Cuckoos
My question is: Will it be a modeled replica of the OoT Hyrule field? That would seem a little cheap in my opinion if they did that. Do you think that they will expand outside of Hyrule field and show us more of the world of Hyrule?

My question is: Will it be a modeled replica of the OoT Hyrule field? That would seem a little cheap in my opinion if they did that. Do you think that they will expand outside of Hyrule field and show us more of the world of Hyrule?

I dont think they will use even close to the same hyrule field. They have never done that before, not even in LoZ and AoL which were direct sequels.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It has been called "The surface" by Ghirahim, and several times it has been reffered to as the land below the clouds, in no interview has it never been mentioned to be called Hyrule. The exception is in an interview with Bill Trinen (see "Skyward Sword forging Hyrule interview" on Youtube.)

"Players will certainly get to go to some familiar places, but as to wether or not that's Hyrule or not Hyrule is something that will be explained over the course of the game."

I think this is pretty clear that we will get to see all the familiar Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess locales such as Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Gerudo Desert, and so on and so forth. But "something that will be explained over the course of the game" sounds to me as though it's not as simple as "People always lived in Skyloft, there was nothing before."

I think, that the inhabitants of Skyloft and the islands themselves were raised into the Sky by the Godesses to protect someone, someone important like, say Princess Zelda. I know Aonuma San has said that Zelda is in no way a princess in this game, and this altered my theory a bit. I think that since the people of Skyloft know nothing of a world below the clouds, they have been there long enough for the memory to have dissapeared from their culture, so there would have been several generations there already. I think that Zelda's descendant was a princess in the world below before Ghirahim took over. This might explain why he refers to Zelda as her "Holiness."

Maybe (Old) Zelda had something to do with the Triforce, and Ghirahim needs her to get it. What I have to support this, is that in Twilight Princess' movie after the Lanaryu Twilight is gone, the description of the Dark Interlopers that wanted to get their hands on the Triforce was I believe, skilled dark sorcers or something like that. I think that Ghirahim fits this nicely. But Aonuma San also confirmed that the Triforce takes on a different meaning in this game, by that he meant it isn't a story about the three pieces and Ganondorf trying to get all three.

I'm not sure, all I know is that the world below the clouds isn't called Hyrule, but it might of been before...

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
These games were 2D and were made before OoT, so I don't understand what you're saying...
CrazyforCuckoos asked if the Hyrule in SwS will look like the one from OoT, and bobersonsmith made the observation that the fields probably won't be the same, and made a connection to the first two games saying they were sequels and their fields STILL didn't look the same.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
CrazyforCuckoos asked if the Hyrule in SwS will look like the one from OoT, and bobersonsmith made the observation that the fields probably won't be the same, and made a connection to the first two games saying they were sequels and their fields STILL didn't look the same.

But they aren't sequels to OoT, OoT is a prequel to those games. I got confused. A sequel is usually made after the game in question, and the prequel is also made after the game but chronologically takes place after.

But they aren't sequels to OoT, OoT is a prequel to those games. I got confused. A sequel is usually made after the game in question, and the prequel is also made after the game but chronologically takes place after.

I'm guessing all they mean is that, the first to games were directly related, just like SS and OoT are, but just like the first two games, the fields aren't going to be the same.

Im REALLY looking forward to this game... it really seems like they took all the great things from all the Zelda games before it and put it all together in this great looking game.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
"Players will certainly get to go to some familiar places, but as to wether or not that's Hyrule or not Hyrule is something that will be explained over the course of the game."

Ahh yes, I do remember seeing that interview, it comes back to me now!

Okay, original post seems to have been answered in extensive detail. If not, or you have further questions about it, feel free to PM me to reopen it, or just create a new thread. For now:

/end thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom