• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword HD remake?

Skyward Sword HD remake?

• Heck yes!

• Heck no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As much as I love Skyward Sword, I had to vote no. I'm tired of remakes. Out of all the Zelda games that have been released since 2011, just two of them have been completely original (excluding Hyrule Warriors). There have been so many remakes in this series that the originals have begun to feel dated, and I dislike that. MM didn't need to be remade, TP didn't need to be remade, even TWW didn't need to be remade (though I can see the arguments for that one). It's a waste of resources on the developers' part. Instead of TFH and MM3D, for example, we could have gotten a completely original 3D Zelda game for the 3DS in a style reminiscent of OoT3D. So no, I'd rather SS not get remade. Even if they were to fix the problems with the game, for most people that would be considered completely changing the game, so why not do an original game instead?

I'd pay a lot for a SS remake tbh. I've been wanting to play SS again for a while but I don't want to recalibrate every 2 minutes.

Would a spinoff starring Groose and Ghirahim be an acceptable alternative?

I'm not joking, I noticed Groose and Ghirahim are what a lot of people really want.

Lilith

Hypostasis of the Archons
Maybe a qualified no? Sure, remakes can be great and there's nothing wrong with that, but lately Nintendo has really been milking them and I dunno if it would be a good thing to have a remake of a very recent game following the other remakes. But, on the other hand, could be a good way to fill time between development of new games. It sorta depends on how it's done I guess, but no way should it be done before at least one more new game is out, imo.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
As much as I love Skyward Sword, I had to vote no. I'm tired of remakes. Out of all the Zelda games that have been released since 2011, just two of them have been completely original (excluding Hyrule Warriors). There have been so many remakes in this series that the originals have begun to feel dated, and I dislike that. MM didn't need to be remade, TP didn't need to be remade, even TWW didn't need to be remade (though I can see the arguments for that one). It's a waste of resources on the developers' part. Instead of TFH and MM3D, for example, we could have gotten a completely original 3D Zelda game for the 3DS in a style reminiscent of OoT3D. So no, I'd rather SS not get remade. Even if they were to fix the problems with the game, for most people that would be considered completely changing the game, so why not do an original game instead?
do you realize that it is not the developers who create all of the HD remakes? they would probably hand it off to another development company/team to work on like they have done previously. This remake wouldn't affect the time it takes for any new games to come out.

Pen

The game is on!
XD like I said guys, you either hate it or love it.

Actually I neither love nor hate SS. I think it's a good game and I've had a lot of fun with it. Sure, I think it's definitely the worst of the 3D Zelda games but that doesn't mean I think it's bad. Not at all. That being said I'm quite sick of Zelda remakes right now. We've already had plenty in the recent years. Besides, I think it's way too soon for SS to be remade. Wait at least another five or ten years with that.

Skyward Sword HD would be pretty cool imo. I played the game a few weeks ago and it looked like sh*t on my Wii U. There's also some problems with the game itself. Beter graphics + solved problems = instant buy for me.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Skyward Sword would look beautiful in HD. It's already got an amazing art style and the lack of HD was honestly the only thing holding it back from being one of the most impressive looking games of its time.

However, I'm not sure how a remaster would exactly work. Sure, the joy cons on the Switch are capable of motion controls, but are they really on par with the Wii Motion Plus? I also don't know how comfortable the joy cons would be for a game like Skyward Sword either. The buttons are too close together and the controllers themselves are just way too tiny.

I feel like they missed their opportunity with the Wii U rather than half-assing Twilight Princess HD. Like I said before, Skyward Sword was already a great looking game and the Wii U would have done it justice while still providing the same motion based experience that was originally intended. Twilight Princess HD should have been saved for the Switch and allowed them more time to upgrade the visuals so that it could have been on par with the other much better looking 3D games in the series.

But if Nintendo can make it work, I wouldn't be against it. It may be one of the weaker entries in the series but it's still a great game nonetheless and one I'd definitely be down to replay. Just like Breath of the Wild's shortcomings as a Zelda game can be overlooked by many just by the overall great experience of exploration, I can overlook certain aspects of Skyward Sword because of the fun and unique experience the motion controls offer.

Also, people are hilarious if they still believe new games aren't receiving full attention just because a completely unrelated team is working on a remaster (not a remake, there's a huge difference) of an older game. Remasters are a lot easier to produce due to most of the work having already been done. The only purpose they serve is to enhance the experience for returning players and reach newcomers by being put back on the shelves. Which should be encouraged for any video game franchise as it only helps expand the fanbase and let's us replay some of our favorite games but with some much welcomed tweaks.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I never actually owned SS. I just borrow my Friend's copy for his wii. I'd buy SSHD, just so I could own it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom