• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Goron Location?

Skyward Sword = Confirmed Gorons, it's been established. It's pretty much tradition in Zelda games that Gorons are associated with the earth, whether it be tall, rocky mountains or lava spewing volcanoes, their habit usually never strays from their traditional fiery homeland of Death Mountain. In SS, Eldin Volcano, the newly released location, is quite obviously an early form of Death Mountain (located in the Eldin lands, um, it's a mountain . . .Hyrule's only had one volcanic mountain as far as we know, put two and two together). Anyways, it has also been confirmed that Eldin Volcano will indeed be home to the new Mogma race. That's where I get confused. Gorons are in this game by fact, so where do they go? Where could they possibly fit in besides Eldin Volcano? We know the Goron from the Comic-Con trailer was indeed seen in the forest . . . but is it possible before the birth of Hyrule, that Gorons indeed inhabited the forest? It's also fact they feed on rocks, just another thing that would lead me to guess they could only survive in a place like Eldin Volcano! What do you think? Where do you think the famous Gorons will be settled in Skyward Sword? Do you think it's possible they live anywhere other then a volcano/mountain? Is it possible they migrate to Eldin Volcano by the game's end? So many questions!

Last edited:
Good topic, the GI preview that took place mainly in the Eldin Volcano did not mentioned the Gorons... The entire place just look too hostile for Gorons to live there (or maybe the area is vast enough to contain a more lively area where Gorons are settled). The desert doesn't sound likely either, and the new "penguin" race already inhabit the forest, so it's less likely for the Gorons to live there too.

Maybe there are just few of them scattered across the land, like in WW escaping from Scaldera (a mere excuse for the race do a discrete appearence in the game, and retain some Zelda feeling points to the game).

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hmm, maybe Gorons act as miniature shops scattered throughout the land below the clouds. A theory I had was that the Mogmas become extinct and the Gorons move in to Eldin Volcano and rename it Death Mountain in honor of them.

I reckon that we will see at least one Goron in each section of the overworld as travelling merchants that need money (rupees) (Forest, Fire, Desert, Snow e.t.c)

Wait, speaking of snow! Perhaps they could live in the snowy area of Skyward Sword? It wouldn't be too crazy because they lived in a snow area in Majora's Mask. Wow, I'm going crazy with possibilities, so, I will end my post now :P

Last edited:

vcdomith

Mad Artist
TheMinish said:
Wait, speaking of snow! Perhaps they could live in the snowy area of Skyward Sword? It wouldn't be too crazy because they lived in a snow area in Majora's Mask
Actually they live in the snow in MM, as a consequence of the Masked Monster Goht

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
I guess Gorons could live in 3 zones:
Somewhere in Eldin Volcano far away of the mogmas.
Somewhere under the earth, maybe in some mines, with LOTS of rocks.
Or maybe in the Desert, who knows?

(hey isn't there a Bridge called Eldin Bridge in Twilight Princess? interesting...)

I think they could live practically anywhere, since they are immume to both great heat and great coldness.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Goron shown to us seemed like a traveling merchant, so maybe they'll be more vagrant, not really settling any place. It think it would be cool if we had to barter with them to get necessary supplies. Otherwise, I'm certain Eldin Volcano will be inhabited by the Mogmas and the Gorons will wander Hyrule (it'd be cool if we saved one from monsters!).

You have to admit though that the Gorons we see in OoT, TP, etc really do have a well-established society. There are elders and patriarchs and what not, so who would think that would come about from a tribe of nomadic salesmen ? How would they one day decide to settle and create such a working society?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
SS takes place before OoT.

Assuming that the Gorons indeed are a nomadic race in this game, it wouldn't be too farfetched for the Mogma race to go extinct due to the actions that SS Link may or may not have done while in the Eldin zone of Hyrule. Then, the Gorons could eventually make way to, and subsequently stop trekking either due to a source of food [the rocks/bombs of the then Dodongo's Cavern maybe?] or because the mountain itself impedes any progress and turning back may not have been an option. From there, they would establish Goron City and Death Mountain would be as it was in Ocarina of Time. That's what I'm speculating thus far.

Assuming that the Gorons indeed are a nomadic race in this game, it wouldn't be too farfetched for the Mogma race to go extinct due to the actions that SS Link may or may not have done while in the Eldin zone of Hyrule.
I like the idea of Gorons eventually inhabiting Eldin Volcano by the end of the game, but the only problem I have with this theory is the thought of a whole race actually going extinct within one game . . . I mean what could cause a whole entire race of people/animals to go extinct in such a short time? Have we ever seen a Zelda game where a race is actually wiped out by the end? That just seems a little gruesome to me O.O

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I mean what could cause a whole entire race of people/animals to go extinct in such a short time? Have we ever seen a Zelda game where a race is actually wiped out by the end? That just seems a little gruesome to me O.O

They wouldn't necessarily have to go by the end of SS, but overtime they obviously aren't in the explorable area we have of OoT's Hyrule, so maybe over the time span between the end of SS and the beginning of the Hyrulean Civil War the Mogmas and whatever creatures that were terrorizing them could be extinct or moved to a different geographical area entirely.

Why do I suggest this? Because I feel as if the Hyrule of OoT isn't the full expanse that is *actually* in the Zelda world. Surely there is more beyond the Desert Colossus and Lake Hylia [as is common in expanded worlds], possibly forest beyond forest beyond the Lost Woods, remote land *possibly* inhabited by the creatures of SS outside of Death Mountain, and so on.

Last edited:
But it's proof that they could survive in Snow areas.

That is false. They still had survivors, but I thought that it was pretty clear that the cold was something recent, yet it appeared that the gorons were going through hardships. There's no way the gorons would live in a permanently cold environment as a population.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom