• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SKYWARD SWORD, EASIEST ZELDA GAME TO DATE?

I found the game very easy aswell, Fi helps you way to much and the dowsing ability makes puzzles a walk in the park

I feel that the challenge level in SS was perfect! Those new to the series tend to have troubles, while those who have played through a majority (or in my case all of) the Zelda titles to date don't have too much trouble aside from learning the controls.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Easiest depending on how you see it. The combat aspect was certainly harder to me than any other 3D Zelda and enemies like Scervo in the Sanadship were actualy the first enemies to actually make me use potions and still see the game over screen. That's a sense in which I think the game delivered when Nintendo promised to actually make the game waggle-proof and requiring some strategy. And that wasn't even in Hero Mode...

I just wish that aspect had carried over to the actual bosses other than Demise.

The puzzle aspect though, was a mixed bag in my opinion. There were parts where oit was pretty easy, but also pretty straight-forward. I mean, not hard to guess but at least not exactly boring either. Ancient Cistern, Sandship and particularly Sky Keep (pretty clever dungeon) did keep me thinking for a while at parts, but overall I keep thinking that the difficulty camne mostly from the enemies.

J

Jallyward

the easiest for me was the first legend of zelda cause i used a walkthrough and finished it in 2 days cause i took my time

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
In my opinion, WW was probably the easiest but it took a while. You could probably beat SS faster than any other zelda game(100%ing it)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Oh, hell no it isn't. The game is pretty difficult. I mean, come on! If it were easy, all the enemies wouldn't be able to block and stuff. Anyway, the easiest game is 4 Swords. I beat it with a friend and neither of us so much as took a hit, if that tells you anything.

Big Octo

=^)
I had no trouble with enemies, and little trouble with puzzles. You know a games easy when no walk-through is used, so it might be possible that this the easiest Zelda title, for me at least. ;)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Honestly, I don't feel that the game is all that easy. Twilight Princess was a much easier game for me. I beat that game in less than a week. The puzzles were easy, the controls were familar, and the sequences were much more familar. There was little innovation in that game.

Skyward Sword, on the other hand. I died 5 or 6 times to some bosses and in some areas, something that has rarely happened to me in previous Zelda games. And I had trouble with the enemies a few times, because I always used targeting and fought them the way I was "supposed" to fight them. I've learned since that you can just not target them and beat them without them blocking, etc. If you want a bit more of a challenge, you should fight them that way.

The Silent Realms are harder than the Tears of Light collection. The controls are new and take some getting used to. The sequence is broken up between dungeon and overworld, and there are new types of puzzles and items. Should I mention the frogs and the water sprouts? Or the digging puzzles?

If you factor in all the sidequests, and how you have to think about how to reach certain things along with all of these new elements, I would say that Skyward Sword is easily one of the harder Zelda games. It's not anywhere near AoL or some of the other older games, but it's definitely a lot harder than what we've become accustomed to lately.

To all those who say Skyward Sword is the easiest -- so you're also saying Wind Waker is harder?? I love WW, but I want to know exactly which parts of Wind Waker makes that game harder than SS.

I wouldn't say SS was the hardest, but it was definitely one of the harder Zelda games. I had more trouble with the puzzles in TP because TP was my first official Zelda 3D game (the last game I had played was ALttP as a kid). I then played WW and OoT in that order, and found OoT to be easier than TP (except for bosses) since by then, I had been accustomed to the Zelda formula. In SS, the puzzles were challenging enough but not nearly impossible. Some were easy. Some were really difficult. I felt the difficulty level was well balanced. I also felt SS had more challenging bosses than TP, OoT, and WW.

But I'm wondering for those who are saying SS is the easiest really felt WW (which I felt was easy, but still a LOT of fun) and some of the handheld Zelda games were harder. I know it's different for people, but I'm having a hard time understanding how WW especially is harder than SS.

Even compared to SS's final boss, Ganondorf in OoT, TP, WW, and ALttP was much easier than Demise for me. So for some of you, Ganondorf was harder?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom