• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Controls

Do you like Wii Motion Plus in SS?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No. It was new, sure, but I don't think it is worth the frustration. The game was a constant battle against the controls for me. The biggest issue is having to constantly re-center the cursor. I mean like, every fifteen to twenty seconds. They weren't always accurate, not very intuitive, but hardly broken at least. They take some serious getting the hang of. To me, that isn't something in a games favor.

I don't know how many times I've covered this, but Skyward Sword's MotionPlus doesn't have any issues. The only possibilities to cause a troubled experience are lack of skill, improper calibration -- both of these human error -- or some sort of interference. It's entirely possible to play the game without the controls giving you any issues.

Just like everyone else has said so far: If you have problems, it's because of the position of your sensor bar, the position which you play in, or something related specifically to the player. The motion controls were designed very well, and for me, nearly perfect.

For how they were implemented into the game, I thought that they were great. The combat was one of the most intuitive for any zelda game so far, even among any game so far. The only thing I wished they had done was to make the harp a bit more complex; maybe having to least a few notes would be fine for me.

Z

zadeer101

Ok, here is the problem that I, and many other people had: When i simply move my hand into position to swing my sword, the game registers that movement as if i intended to swing, so i end up swinging in the opposite direction intended. This strongly hurt skyward sword in my opinion. Why couldnt zelda controls have just stayed as they were in WW...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, here is the problem that I, and many other people had: When i simply move my hand into position to swing my sword, the game registers that movement as if i intended to swing, so i end up swinging in the opposite direction intended. This strongly hurt skyward sword in my opinion. Why couldnt zelda controls have just stayed as they were in WW...

There are two ways to fix this. One, don't move your arm over so fast. Two, swing in the direction you want to while holding the sword over to the side. Either way, your problem will be solved.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I liked the controls in SS and received no problems with the game. The problem with motion controls, as I've said numerous times, is they're not for everyone. Having every Zelda fully motion-controlled in the future would be a problem, because it presents a barrier. Nintendo has also said this, lamenting on the fact that some people would stop playing half way through the game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

Where one button kills all? No.

I liked the controls in SS and received no problems with the game. The problem with motion controls, as I've said numerous times, is they're not for everyone. Having every Zelda fully motion-controlled in the future would be a problem, because it presents a barrier. Nintendo has also said this, lamenting on the fact that some people would stop playing half way through the game.

Well if the rest of the 3DS games are like the OoT remake, controller Zelda may not be dead after all...with luck, the TP combat will one day be brought to the 3DS.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I hope the classic controller isn't dead, otherwise the game industry is going to have a largely different audince, a more fickle one. Perhaps for the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom