• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skylofts Looks

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
And I just thought about this, but Nintendo has been developing SS for 4 years (and maybe even 5). That's a long freaking time. So, putting that fact into play, we know that Skyloft is going to be full blown AMAZING. And I'm also thinking that there will be huge cities in Hyrule, with lots of places to go. Nintendo's intents with this game are to:
1) Make a classic Zelda game with lots of new improvements,
2) Develop good gameplay that fully utilizes WM+, and
3) Completely WOW the Zelda fans.
Large cities and plenty to do (sidequests?) is one of the things that Nintendo has probably put into SS in order to create that huge "OMG THIS IS AWESOME!" factor. I wouldn't be surprised if all of this happens.

let me point out that we do not know that what you say is the case, but it seems likely given what we know

i imagined it like an ordan like place from twilight princess but a little bigger and buisier oh yeah and in the sky duh

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
People are saying how it's going to be either this or that. Why can't it be both? There can be a city/village and a forest wrapped up into one floating island. Maybe this forest surrounds the city preventing people from finding the edge of the island (hense the not knowing about Hyrule thing). But who knows. There could be anything up there. I don't want to speculate too much until we know a little bit more about the area/game.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Well, since this is set way before OoT, which didn't really have any major cities except Castle Town (And moderately sized Kakariko Village), I'm guessing there won't be any major cities in Hyrule. Every Zelda game has at least one main civilized area so I'm guessing Skyloft is going to be a bustling city with lots of things to do. Although I guess it's possible that Hyrule was once even more populated before OoT but the population was reduced due to a plague or war or something (but it's unlikely). But you never know, Skyloft could be something completely unexpected. I mean, in MM when you got sucked into the moon, did you really expect it to be a bright sunny day, a grassy hill and a lone tree?

Tom

I honestly hope that Link is going to live in a busy city. Since SS is apparently before Hyrule is really stable, Skyloft should logically be a place where people can come and go, merchants everywhere, people doing all sorts of things.

Keyword: Interactivity.

^This. It's time for that, we must have a really complete city system, with thousands of things to be done and lots of different NPCs. It's a shame somebody already said this game's going to be shorter compared to other previous Zelda titles.

Oh my god Why does everyone compare skyloft to a slightly larger ordon. People! Skyloft covers all of pre-hyrule. All of the sky! It isn't one small land. It is like the lightworld but with 7 times larger mass. Just because miyamoto said skyloft is were Link is from, doesn't mean it is town. That was what people assumed. What often confused me in games is why is there one zora town, one human town, one goron town. A town can't populate an entire civilization. Sure TP had ome gorons in kakarcko and some in castle town, and sure ordon had humans, but that is still not enough. I think nintendo picked up on that and are utilising that. Speaking of which, humans live in the sky, were do the gorons and zoras live? Do they even exist yet? Also Speaking of which, why is it called skyloft. It is like gurren lagan. How can they call the ground the ground if they don't know it exists or what is there? If skyloftians don't know what the sky is or that they are in it, why is it called skyloft? Think of this way. All of hyrule is one country. (Which is true and confirmed multiple times.) Also confirmed is that skyloft is a country. Which means that skyloft is pretty close in size to pre-hyrule. Does anyone else that the rocks in the video arn't real rocks, but a machine made to be strong inough to keep people up there? A cloud isn't strong inough to hold a feather. Yet, it can carry a ton of water. So what if it converts that water into a solid form. So that most of skyloft is frozen ice. In city in the sky, you never walked on clouds, so why would you in skyloft? All I have to say is that I will go crazy if anyone says skyloft is a town one more time.

Well I'm not very good at guessing and stuff but I really like what Ember Incubus said about it being seven times larger than the light world. I never thought of it like that, I thought of it as a town but now I'm with Ember. I really am hoping that Skyloft will be a really big place not just a town.

Nintendo said the Link was born in Skyloft but does that necessarily mean it's a town? I was born in Canada, is Canada a town or village or city? No, so why should Skyloft be a town. I think Skyloft and the lower world ( probably hyrule ) will both be large parts of the game.

Finally here is what I'm guessing. Skyloft will be the first couple dungeons and stuff. Then you'll get the Skyward Sword and go down to Hyrule.

Skyloft is the overworld, and Hyrule (run by evil) are the dungeons. SO Skyloft will be huge and full of character interactions and stuff. Think of Skyloft as part of Hyrule that kinda broke off and started floating, kinda like puzzle pieces floating above the puzzle. Its the same place (fire, water, foresty places) but its safe from evil. It kinda makes me think Skyloft is the overworld. I dunno.
But that is my oppinion.

O

onizuka

It reminds me of the sacred realm on A Link to the Past artwork.

I think the ground will be covered in clouds since it in the clouds.
I think it's not going to be a city like area, but actually a forest and rocky desert like area, since when Link jumps down to Hyrule he's on rock.
No, he isn't. He jumps from the clouds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom