• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skulltula Confusion

Okay, in both the past and the future of OoT, you find Golden Skulltulas and collect their tokens, you bring them to the past in kakariko and restore the cursed ones. What confuses me is that, somehow something you did not get yet affects something in the past. What do you make of this?

It is a game mechanic. A pothole it seems, but really is only like that for purpose of the gameplay. Kind of like when you defeat a boss in MM. You go back in time and the boss has been defeated and you have its remains. (Though you still can fight it, you have already defeated it)

LOL I think about this ALL the time. Without being lazy and just explaining it away as a game mechanic, I'd say that the curse itself is not a part of Hyrule's traditional space/time continuum, so a golden skultulla that dies in the future is still dead in the past, because it is not reset with the MS being put back in the Pedestal of Time. The curse is on a different realm, so to speak. That's the best I can come up with. Most likely though, the game developers simply never thought that one completely through.

How do you mean by "oversight"? And the whole Time Space idea came to me after reading a theory that Ganon is still sealed away in the Sacred/Dark Realm even after Link is sent back, for the same idea.

G

Grave

Well doing something in the future doesn't affect the past i believe just how you look at it.
maybe id you do something in the past would affect the future.

By oversight I mean the developers did not notice the mistake they made, as you said. And by the triforce I mean, even after being sent in the past, all three of them still have their peices of the triforce and Ganon is still in the sacred realm. (If you look at link's left hand when he is sent back in the end, you see the triforce peice glowing.)

G

Grave

But keeping the skulls may just repersent the dead being taking whats dead back in time meaning its already dead before birth?

No, the curse is not affected by time so even though it did not happen yet, it happened. It is a time paradox. Like Ganon is scealed in the future, but in the past he is still scealed, even though it did not happen because the occurance is outside time and place. It is difficult to explain.

G

Grave

True meaning the Oot time-line (not master time line) is in a loop go fourth in time kill him. go back he alive...? Some where there has to be a problem where he taken out of the loop yes i know Gannon is in the sacred realm but only after he was defeated in the future than Zelda her self sends him back in time giving him the ocarina of time making the time line out of wack because we don't know what time or place he was sent back like there would be 2 ocarinas if he was sent back before Gannon's encounter because zelda would also posses one.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
I would think that the curse gets confused and the related Gold Skulltula just dies. Hmm that is odd and a bit funny; the skulltula in the past would start disappearing when Link jumps back and say something like "No fair, total hax!" Also Ganondorf wasn't sealed in the Sacred Realm in the child timeline (as shown in Twilight Princess) though later he got tossed in the Twilight(Zone) Realm.

Link keeps all the items he gets in the future of OoT when he goes back in time. How is this any different?

This too. I guess its safe to say that the things Link does in the future can be brought back to the past. Probably because he is the Hero of Time, he is able to affect things in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom