• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Size of Sidekicks

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
In most Zelda games we have had sidekicks to annoy us and guide us in the right direction. Some are big, some are small. Others are fat others are skinny. But what size is the right size for a sidekick?

We have fairy sized ones like: Navi, Tatl, and Ciela. We have Ezlo for clothing as sidekick...which later is able to change shape from human to minish so his size is argueable. We have an imp, who is roughly of child height, who also turns to human size. Then we have the ones that are "human" all the time as Zelda of ST and Fi. And finally and not less important we have those who are big enough to ride them, I'm looking at you Daphness.

But of all these "people" who do you think has the right size to assist our courageous hero?

Fig

The Altruist
I don't really mind the size of the sidekick/guide for Link. As long as they are able to help Link out in his adventure, I'll enjoy their presence and I'll gladly accept them as great characters to the story. :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
One that's big enough to constantly block our path:
snorlax.jpg

Really, size doesn't matter all that much. Although I prefer humanoid figures [Fi and Midna] over fairies or conversational boats.

I liked the fairies the most (at least on N64 never played the DS titles). They were the perfect size. They blended in well with the background and scenery. They were small and out of the way until you talked to them and even then didn't take up a massive portion of the screen.

I really don't notice/don't mind size that much (boy that sounds wrong when I read it), but I really did think Midna was the perfect sidekick size. She wasn't too big, wasn't too small, just right ^.^

I feel like I probably have some sort of bias since Midna is my favorite overall sidekick, but many her size is part of why I like her so much? She also seemed the most human to me with her size/shape, which made me relate to her more (something big for me when it comes to game characters).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Size doesn't matter much for me, though I wouldn't like a gargantuan as a "sidekick", haha. It just depends on the personality and how their relevance the sidekick has plays in the story. That's why I like Zelda (ST), Tatl (MM) and KoRL (TWW), and hate Fi/Midna/the others (their respective games).

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I prefer sidekicks that are small with imp midna being maybe the max size if not a little smaller than the max size for me. I like a companion that can always travel around with me but then still be able to be seen without blocking my path and being the center of attention. And i don't like unrealistic, "okay im just gonna weirdly morph into you now while this cool sound plays even though we're like the same size lulz". Then again I liked King of Red Lions, but it'd be weird if he followed you around everywhere... This is why the stone worked for him

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Honestly don't see that it matters at all. Size has no relevance to character which is all I really care about when it comes to Zelda Sidekicks.

I like Sidekicks to have a use rather than just being a guide. Midna could warp and transform you and the King of Red Lions was a boat (and didn't follow you around and interrupt you) but Fi did bugger all, and while i love Navi, she didn't do much aside from shout out you every now and again, as far as sizes go, i don't mind but i liked Red Lions because he looked big and important and something that shouldnt be ignored, the bigger sidekicks are though, the more nintendo has to think of ways to hide them as to not blur Link from the action/field of vision for the player, having Fi constantly float around wouldn't have worked whereas it did with Navi, it all depends on the game but i like them big and useful like in WW.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
In most Zelda games we have had sidekicks to annoy us and guide us in the right direction. Some are big, some are small. Others are fat others are skinny. But what size is the right size for a sidekick?

That's just it, there's no correct size for a sidekick. You'll have humans, spirits, fairies, even boats! There will never be a perfect sidekick for Link, and it's height, weight, and general appearances will always change. No matter what happens. Although, I think Nintendo really likes Link having a fairy for a sidekick, but that's just my opinion. I really don't care.

If I had to describe my version of a perfect sidekick, something along the lines of Midna from Twilight Princess, or Zelda from Spirit Tracks. Both did help you when you needed it, and actually made use of themselves. Midna with helping Link in his Wolf form + warping, and Zelda being able to utilize the Phantom's armor to her advantage. Unlike Fi, where she was only a guide. I give her credit though, being a sword must be tough.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The size of a sidekick really doesn't matter. In Zelda all the sidekicks need are the two key elements. They need to be annoying and guide you in the right direction. The size really has no relevance in being a good sidekick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom