• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(Simple?) Question

I was looking at some timelines and Link's Awaking was either at two spots, before WW or after PH. I'm assuming if its before WW that means LA Link died at sea?
Which leads me to my next question. Is LA link in another game after LA?

I don't think he died, the ending doesn't look sad to me..
About the other question, some say that after Link's awakening he got back to Hyrule only to discover that Ganon was back, and then Zelda 1 starts.
This theory is supported by the fact that in Link's awakening he was training for the return of Ganon, after defeating him in A Link to the past.
There is another theory, that says that Hyrule from a Link to the past is the new Hyrule from Spirit tracks, this would explain the timeline placement.
BTW there is no way LA can be is before WW

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
LA was developed to follow LttP, and there's no reason to change that placement. The game states that Link is on his way back from training abroad.
As for your other question, I don't think so. I think he was in LttP and OoX before LA, but that's as far as his story goes for now.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
As others have said, LA is commonly interpreted to come after ALttP in some regard; that is to say that LA Link is the same as ALttP Link. It also not uncommon to see people place OoX in between ALttP and LA.

The idea that it's after PH is highly misguided. It was made as a direct sequel to ALttP and has not been retconned in any way.

As for him dying, no. He was in a dream world and woke up with the Wind Fish at the end.

I think I understand what he means by Link dying; he does "wake up," but Link is surrounded by nothing but water and is nowhere near dry land. It's very likely that he would drown; I believe that is what Kook is implying.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think I understand what he means by Link dying; he does "wake up," but Link is surrounded by nothing but water and is nowhere near dry land. It's very likely that he would drown; I believe that is what Kook is implying.

Ah. Well, then that's a legit question. But the original two games are confirmed to come after ALttP, so LA Link would surely be an ancestor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom