• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silly Childhood Fears

The map in Dora the Explorer, I am not lieing here. I would hide whenever the map come on the TV. His face was just fulled with evil, and only I saw it. :S

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Toilets... ._.

Hey! Not anymore! I was just so freaked out about ones besides the ones in our own house... For some reason...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There was this film called Small Soldiers and I remember getting the action figures for Christmas one year. In the film the action figures come to life so in my young mind I thought that they were real :/

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
There was this film called Small Soldiers

I ****ing love that movie!!!

Anywho, so when I was in the 2nd grade there was a mad snow day and so we all had recess in the auditorium because they werent gona have kids running around outside freezing their ***** off or getting lost in a blizzard right. So what was their bright ****ing idea??? Lets show a bunch of 7 and 8yos JURASSIC PARK. Oh Ya, PG13 is just soooooo kid friendly right. So because of that I had a childhood fear of dinosaurs that has followed me around since then. I still to this day only have nightmares about dinosaurs. Its a little ridiculous.

One of my silly fears as a child was spiders, even the tiny ones. Hahaha... Oh wait, I'm still scared of them. :(

bunny

birb overlord
I used to be afraid of the Little Mermaid movie. Not because of Ursula, but because of the dad. He was seriously freaky, man.

Also those automatic flush toilets. They're super loud; the noise always scared me when I was little.

Claire

The Geekette
I had this weird fear when I was little that whenever I'd sleep, Freddy Krueger would try to cut off my toes. It's actually not some random fear that I decided to pick up, but rather it sprung from my cousin being a huge troll when we were kids. He pretended to snip at my tootsies when I was asleep with the Freddy glove and I lost it. For the longest time I either had to sleep with socks on or have my blanket over my feet at all times.. because my reasoning back then was that Freddy Krueger obviously won't make an attempt to steal my piggies if they were covered. Totally logical.

The other involves swimming pools. I used to get kind of antsy when I'd be swimming in the deep end of a pool. For some reason, I was convinced that the pools were so deep that a huge shark was lurking beneath me. Again emphasizing my awesome logic as a child, but this really messed with my head for a while growing up. Oddly, it only really applied to pools, because I would swim in rivers, lakes, and the ocean without freaking out.

Who knows, dude.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I used to be afraid of my sister... Still am sometimes!!

In all seriousness, my biggest fear as a kid used to be fire. When my family was outside with the campfire, I sat in the motorhome, eating the hotdog my dad roasted for me. Fortunately, I no longer have this fear!

Later on in my life, in Grade 2 (after I lost my pyrophobia), I developed a major fear of spiders, which I still have to this day. It started when our house guest told me and my sisters stories about giant spiders eating peoples' faces off...
:wynaut:

Joy

The Sexy One
I used to be terrified of fire. A building a couple of streets from my kindergarten had burnt down while we were in class, and we saw all the smoke and the firemen, and each time my mum smoked or light a candle, I would be terrified of the house burning down.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I use to fricken scared of a vacuum, I thought it was going to eat me. *five year old Josie/WaffleNinja ends*

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I had several fears I've grown out of, and just to amplify my natural freakiness, I am not going to give any backstory on the things I was afraid of when I was tiny.

Dungeons in Zelda games, even the easy ones.
Tuba music.
The Little Drummer Boy song.
Ominous music in general.
The Options Toad in Mario Party 1.
Bees. (still am)
Other bugs. (still am)
LOVEBUGS. (still most DEFINITELY am)
Snakes. (still am)
The movie James and the Giant Peach.
Both Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
ET.
Jumanji. (STILL AM.)
Zathura.
Mind control. (still am)
Switching lives.

When I was about 12, I was scared the zombies from the Doctor Who special Waters of Mars would reach Earth, break into my house and infect me. Took a couple years to be able to sleep without the light on again.
Was also scared of general zombie apoclypses until pretty recently. Being Christian helps with that. Revelation, nuff said.

I think that's a good list for now. I'm enough of a scaredy cat as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom