• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silent Realms

What do you think of the Silent Realms in Skyward Sword?

• I like them, a cool new idea for the game.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • They were a creative idea, not so much fun to play.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I hate them with a burning passion!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • They were a rip-off of the Tears of Light from Twilight Princess!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was playing Skyward Sword earlier, and I played through the Faron and Lanayru Silent Realms. I forgot how stressful, yet fun I found them to be. It made me wonder what other people thought of them.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
In what I've played of Skyward Sword, I managed to find the Silent Realms to be decently enjoyable. It was like a cool sneaky stealthy scavenger hunt.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I'm replaying it right now, so maybe I'll change my mind when I get to them. At this moment, however, my memories cause me to greatly dislike them. I think it's a cool idea in general, but insta-kill areas are never fun for me. If it was something like "Oh, they'll keep chasing and attacking you if they spot you", I'd be fine with that. It was basically the Temple of the Ocean King from PH, except in more intense bursts.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I liked the Silient Realms, they were a new twist on the Twilight Realms from TP. I limed the Silient realms because they added stealth which made it a lot more enjoyable. You explore feeling like you can get caught any time if you aren't careful. Plus there is a time limit to explore before you need to get a tear which made the quests more tense.

I dreaded them on my first play through, but after helping my brothers with them, and playing through them again, I don't really find them that hard, I've pretty much mastered the strategy for them.

They scared the hell out of me at first, but I got used to them. However, nothing will ever relieve me of the fear of the Big Octos.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I stopped playing the game after completing the first Silent Realm, that's how much I disliked it. One I would be okay with, it would never be something I'd enjoy (I don't like stressful segments and I detest stealth in games), but I could go through it and move on. But knowing there were more of it ahead it just made me not want to play on.

I stopped playing the game after completing the first Silent Realm, that's how much I disliked it. One I would be okay with, it would never be something I'd enjoy (I don't like stressful segments and I detest stealth in games), but I could go through it and move on. But knowing there were more of it ahead it just made me not want to play on.
Did you at least make it to the Ancient Cistern? That place is not to be missed.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I just found them to be, like other sections of SS, tone excessively repetitive. After the first test was explicitly described as a test of courage, I expected to see the others vary to fit power and wisdom. But it was just the exact same thing every time.

It'd be extreme to say I hate them though. I just disliked the way they were implemented and shoehorned into the game.

Mixed feelings. They were ripped from Twilight Princess but were made more interesting. They were really stressful to play through, but the adrenaline rush I got from playing them was unlike any emotion I experienced in a game.

I would have kept the Silent Realms but maybe make them optional challenges (or at least not do it 4 times). Have a different kind of challenge in each area rather than 4 of the same challenges except with a different map.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Even though I don't like SS at all, I enjoyed the silent realms with burning passion. I made mistakes on purpose so the guardians would chase me. And then I tried to see how fast I could run and how long I could outsmart them. Most amazing thing in the whole game and I won't mind if they add this in future games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom