• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silent Realm Hate It or Love It?

Silent Realm Hate It or Love It?

• Love It!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate It!

• It's okay....

• Total voters
C

Chase

I get really anxious when I play the SR. The music doesn't usually help at all either, so I mute it. Before I go into the Silent Realms I hate them, and then when I'm done I love them. So, my vote was it's okay.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that they were okay. They really were kind of nerve racking for me, even though I only failed one of them (Din's). I feel like they frustrated me, even though they didn't get me killed too often. I would have them come back in a different form in a later game.

MW7

To be honest when I first heard about them and realized they were essentially tears of light quests again I freaked out. I thought, why would you bring back IMO the worst element of a game (needless to say I hated tears of light quests) in its successor? It turns out a little stealth can go a long way for me at least, and I ended up enjoying the silent realm. I loved them.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I kind of like the silent realm. I cant say i love it or hate it. I just have mixed feelings abut it. I love how it looks so much like the twilight bug thingy in twilight princess and i love all the tension. I dont like how you only get 90 seconds to collect each tear or the guardians come after you, or the lantern guys.

Although i voted that i hate it, looking back they werent horrible, i just didnt think the game would include anything like that. For me, zelda is sword fighting, puzzle solving, saving whatever hes saving, and toying with the weaker enemies (evil laugh). So when i entered my first silent realm, i thought: what is this crap? sneaking around collecting tears? i didnt go for it, for me, i like it better to take on the enemies instead of sneaking past. That said, i might have liked them better if link had been able to use his sword and fight the guardians instead of just run away.

T

Twilit_Midna

Well I hated it! *Looks at avatar* That's how I feel. LIKE MY AVATAR, TOTALLY RIPPED OFF AND FURIOUS! But not at everybody who ever existed. AT THE SILENT REALMS! There hard. There annoying. They make me want to rip thier puny little heads off..... I LOVE BEING LIKE MIDNA! :P

When i entered the first one i thought it would be like twilight princess's version and got really annoyed. Luckily it turned out to be a whole lot different. Very tense, the moment the guardians start to chase u and the music comes in i always start freaking out. Though having to do them again and again just gets annoying like most of the other filler crap in the game.

When i heard that you where collecting Tears of Light, i was a little dissapointed. But the tension in the realm... I love it! It was terrifying the first time i got whacked by one of the Guardians! I would replay them over and over again if i could!

shaymin1

Derp.
I liked it, but it was really creepy (especially the flower just slowly dying away in the corner showing you how much longer you had)

I really hated them. What they do is annoy me, and stress me out, mainly cause it is so easy to screw up by mistake and lose all the work you did when you were 1 teardrop away.

I'm not a really big fan stealth missions, either. It's not technically a stealth mission but it's still trying to be one. You're on a timer, too, something that I've always loathed in video games, mainly because you have to rush through them, making more mistakes in the process. I mean, Twilight Princess didn't bother me when I had to do it, but that's cause you didn't get one-shot back to the beginning every time an enemy touched you.

It's like they tried to combine the Teardrop quest from TP, with the "don't get caught or you go back to beginning" crap from Phantom Hourglass.

I don't mind it being frantic or having to not get hit.. MUCH. Honestly, the whole section would be a hell of a lot less stressful if I didn't have that obnoxious stamina gauge. It's funny, I rarely notice the thing until I have to run like mad for whatever reason. I really think the Silent Realms could have been better if they hadn't made it a 1-hit-you-lose scenario, and given the player a couple of hits. Not the full amount of health you normally have, but say 3 hit tops.

I dunno, it just really irks me that they had something that could've been really nice and then they go and make it unenjoyable by having this forced "don't get caught" thing. It's just not the sort of gameplay element I think Zelda needs. At least in Wind Waker you could hide.

...actually, now that I think about it, if Link doesn't keep his Health or his Items as he's only there in Spirit, giving him that Stamina Gauge inside the Silent Realm makes absolutely no sense, except from a "challenge" standpoint. If they wanted to make it a challenge, they could've just left that for the Hero Mode and done without it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom