• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Side Characters

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
So, a lot of the 3D Zelda Games usually feature that side character... You know, that side character with a cocky attitude. In Ocarina of Time, it was Mido, in Skyward Sword, Groose, and so on.

Well, I am currently replaying Skyward Sword. I noticed something, I'm sure a lot of other people have felt the same, but my God, Pipit is one of the most conceited characters in the game. Even more so than Groose, as at least Groose ends up being a pretty nice guy. I just felt the need to vent about Pipit. The way he says "You'll understand what it's like to be a true knight one day!" and "You just keep believing that Zelda is okay while you wait for her to come back!" ... Wait? Wait for her to come back? Oh Pipit. You're so... subtle.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed these types of characters in other Zelda games? I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of these characters, whether they dislike them, or find them really funny.

I think Pippit was supposed to be a supportive but mostly clueless upper classman type. He was older and knew what happened (Zelda was missing) but also knew that Link was younger and not as far advanced as he was. It was also fleshed out in sidequests later on that he had some other stuff going on like he was working late to help his mother out and he had a girlfriend to deal with.

To answer your question, I wanted to run the Master Sword through Malo's head more than once during TP and I wanted to take that Owl to a taxidermist in OoT but both of those were only because I found the characters annoying.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Dude, Pipit is awesome. I didn't find him cocky at all, like has been said he was supportive and clueless. If he is older than Link, it would be one year older. I actually wish he had a bit of a bigger role. That part where you catch him yelling at his mom for paying you to clean the house? I have never loled and daawwed at the same time before. His expression was priceless. And those freckles xD Cute. I would date him if I was in the game and if he didn't already have Karane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom