• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should They Recycle?

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Zelda is a series that has long development times. Nintendo would be lucky to release a game every 2 years - and that's considering that they have 2 systems to work with. It's been particularly frustrating for us home console users, who had to wait through Skyward Sword's 6 year hiatus, which followed Twilight Princess' long 4 year wait. There are exceptions, including re-releases such as OoT 3DS and games developed by third-parties. And then there's others...

Many will agree with me when I say that ALttP, OoT and WW are among Zelda's best. What's cool, is that these three renditions left legacies that were greater than the games themselves. ALttP spawned off LA, which is a fantastic game on its own. OoT produced MM, a game which raised the bar again. LA was released 2 years after ALttP, and MM likewise after OoT. The latter had a development cycle of a year, reportedly. WW is probably a less notable title, as its art style was used to develop PH 5 years later. But again, another title in the form of ST followed PH only 2 years later (again). While PH and ST are debatable, MM and LA are very rarely overlooked; I for one see MM as the better N64 game.

So, with all that in mind, should Nintendo recycle any recent games? Would you like to see this in the foreseeable future?

assuming your talking about remakes yes i would like to see majoras mask remade like ocarina of time i would but the game they should recycle but not to much

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
assuming your talking about remakes yes i would like to see majoras mask remade like ocarina of time i would but the game they should recycle but not to much

MM was not a remake of OoT. LA was not a remake of ALttP. Of course I'm not talking about remakes. I'm talking about an entirely new game using engines from previous games. The topic of MM being remade is getting tired.

The reason Majora's Mask had such a quick turnaround from Ocarina of Time was because they used the same game engine with the same characters. I thought this was brilliant, to be honest, because developers could then devote all of their time and energy to creating a solid story, which, in the case of MM, was very successful.

I'm not one who requires all new battling, graphics, and landscapes, so if recycling game engines will result in more Zelda games with higher quality storytelling, I'd be all for it.

MW7

Yes absolutely, it's a waste of time to scrap virtually everything you just did when you start making a new game. Virtually all I care about is the content that I interact with through gameplay so basically all the years of effort spent on graphics, music, characters, story, etc. is wasted on me. Maybe I'm just weird, but the only things I'd change game to game for the most part would be the overworld, dungeons, and sidequests (and I'd completely downgrade/eliminate story and cutscenes).

E

En Dabuwya

Yes, I reckon they should do that with Twilight Princess, I really liked the art style, controls, and the majority of the elements in the game.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Yes absolutely, it's a waste of time to scrap virtually everything you just did when you start making a new game. Virtually all I care about is the content that I interact with through gameplay so basically all the years of effort spent on graphics, music, characters, story, etc. is wasted on me. Maybe I'm just weird, but the only things I'd change game to game for the most part would be the overworld, dungeons, and sidequests (and I'd completely downgrade/eliminate story and cutscenes).

You are definetly not weird, my friend. I, too, am not picky about graphics , music or story when a video game is in perspective. To me, A video game really needs to excell in the gameplay aspects and the general atmosphere being fitting to the actuall game. I'm not one who needs a relisic setting with orchestrated music to want to play a game. To me, amazing graphic, beautiful music and engaging storylines are added bonuses. in any event, I think as long as Nintendo can pull together an epic experience, whether remade, recycled, or plain brand new, I'm all in for it.

Recycling technical aspects I'd be fine with. However if they were to just start recycling entire dungeons or something I wouldn't be so happy with it. The previous games are great and classics in their own right, but I personally don't want to play OoT over and over.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Recycling technical aspects I'd be fine with. However if they were to just start recycling entire dungeons or something I wouldn't be so happy with it. The previous games are great and classics in their own right, but I personally don't want to play OoT over and over.

The idea was that it could be in the style of the examples I put forth. I don't consider OoT MQ to be an entirely new games.

It would be very AWESOME to see a game such as The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link or A Link To The Past in 3D modern graphics on the 3DS

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Again, I'm not talking about remakes. I'm talking about a new game that has its own story, using the engine from previous games. Would you like to see Skyward Sword's graphics implemented in the next title? That's just one example. We could possibly also see a 3DS title using OoT 3D's engine for an entirely new game (note that this does not relate to remaking MM).

AmGlAdd said:
It would be very AWESOME to see a game such as The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link or A Link To The Past in 3D modern graphics on the 3DS

You're talking about a remake of a game with a new engine, which I've said that this thread is not about. This thread is about a new game with an old engine.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, I wouldn't mind them recycling games just as long as they keep making new ones as well, kinda like Ocarina of Time 3D, because we know we are getting a new one on the 3DS as well.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Well, I wouldn't mind them recycling games just as long as they keep making new ones as well, kinda like Ocarina of Time 3D, because we know we are getting a new one on the 3DS as well.

Does anyone read the domments, or do you just post the first thing that you think of. Ocarina of Time 3D is not what I'm talking about when i say 3D. It's a REMAKE!

That's not what this thread's discussion is about!

Majora's Mask is not a remake of Ocarina of Time. It's a recycling of the game's ENGINE. I'll try to make this clear.

Would you like to see a game's ENGINE be reused in future NEW Zelda titles, much like how MAJORA'S MASK reused OCARINA OF TIME'S ENGINE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom