• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Stop Making HD Re-Makes and Just Focus on New Games?

I'm guessing that the changes were:
Putting nasty controls on Zora Link
Nerfing Ice Arrows on Water
Changes to boss fights
Close. I also had a lot of gripes that go with the visual aesthetics, but those are probably just me. And tacking big stupid eyeballs onto things...

Im happy with HD remasters and remakes that make great games even better. Seriously, playing the originals after the remastered ones is impossible to me now. What i don't like is the idea of playing around with dumb Spin offs like Hyrule Warriors. I find it demeaning since they are so low quality products, might as well just leave the franchise alone.

Besides, remasters are given to secondary teams, it has no interference with main projects.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Im happy with HD remasters and remakes that make great games even better. Seriously, playing the originals after the remastered ones is impossible to me now. What i don't like is the idea of playing around with dumb Spin offs like Hyrule Warriors. I find it demeaning since they are so low quality products, might as well just leave the franchise alone.

Besides, remasters are given to secondary teams, it has no interference with main projects.

I'm with you on this. I find that some IPs should not get spin-offs. I think Zelda and Metroid are two of those IPs. It is definitely demeaning to the series to have games like Federation Force and Triforce Heroes be part of the series. Other series can have them, but leave them out of certain ones.

And what's worse is that they made it out to be as if they're celebrating 30th anniversaries. Look, we know it's Zelda30 and Metroid30 this year, so in celebration, here's a big steaming pile!

Yes. Maybe Zelda Wii U would actually come out, then. I usually defend remakes, since I've only played the remasters of Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. But I don't care about Twilight Princess HD much, and unless they REALLY change it up (which I doubt would happen) a Skyward Sword HD would just annoy me.

LegendaryFusion

Zelda Grandmaster
I think that the remakes should end. I'm grateful for the remakes that they did come out with because I didn't get to play some of those games as a kid (OoT, MM, and WW) and also for TP (which I agree didn't really need one, but I'm glad anyways). Anyhow, I'd like to see some new Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom