• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Should Nintendo Put a Stone That Gives You Hints in Mm3d?

Deeds

no text
When you first start the game you should be able to select whether or not you want hint-free game play or not. If you want it, there are stones in various places all over Termina. If you don't want it, the stones aren't there.

Easy peasy.

Yeah, I agree. That's probably the most sensible way for doing it, although it makes it so people who aren't the best at MM, can beat the game and say they beat it. There'd have to be some sort of catch if you picked the version with hints in - I wouldn't want people who need hints, to earn the bragging rights you achieve by completing a game.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
Yeah, I agree. That's probably the most sensible way for doing it, although it makes it so people who aren't the best at MM, can beat the game and say they beat it. There'd have to be some sort of catch if you picked the version with hints in - I wouldn't want people who need hints, to earn the bragging rights you achieve by completing a game.

Those who beat the game without hints have a symbol next to their file name that specifies that they did not use hints and those who used hints don't have said symbol.

Or vice versa. Those who use hints have a symbol, those who do not have no symbol.
--

Another idea:

The file of those who use hints has a white background, and the file of those who don't use hints has a golden background.

Idea fixed.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

...Really? Alright first let's just throw out the obvious fact: They can use an online guide anyway.

But even if they didn't, is there anything to brag about? This is Zelda. One of the easiest series in the gaming industry and MM in particular is the 2nd easiest game next to tWW. Why would anyone brag about that? The only things that Zelda has worth bragging about (4 Fairy Tears, 100% Roll Goal, Boss Gauntlet) don't require hints anyway.

The reason I don't want hints isn't because of bragging rights...because honestly, I can look and see if you watched the hint videos or not. The reason it bugs me in particular is because it feels like these newbie gamers are never going to gain any independence. If this was the original LoZ, I would be more than understanding if a newbie needed some help. But this is MM. The combat and puzzles are some of the easiest and if a gamer can't even complete this game on their own, I don't know where they would go from here.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
...Really? Alright first let's just throw out the obvious fact: They can use an online guide anyway.

But even if they didn't, is there anything to brag about? This is Zelda. One of the easiest series in the gaming industry and MM in particular is the 2nd easiest game next to tWW. Why would anyone brag about that? The only things that Zelda has worth bragging about (4 Fairy Tears, 100% Roll Goal, Boss Gauntlet) don't require hints anyway.

The reason I don't want hints isn't because of bragging rights...because honestly, I can look and see if you watched the hint videos or not. The reason it bugs me in particular is because it feels like these newbie gamers are never going to gain any independence. If this was the original LoZ, I would be more than understanding if a newbie needed some help. But this is MM. The combat and puzzles are some of the easiest and if a gamer can't even complete this game on their own, I don't know where they would go from here.

I don't think it's necessarily bragging right's but a sense of satisfaction, sure Zelda games are on the easier side but they offer enough challenge for me to keep coming back to the series. You have to take into account that every person differs in terms of skill, you may be a very experienced Zelda player like many which is why you ultimately view the series as being easy...If anyone played through a game multiple times there is a good chance that they will know the in's and outs Etc.

Putting Sheikah Stone's in MM is a harmless idea, for one it's integrated in a such a way that it fits in with the theme of the game and also it's optional. I don't see the harm in having hints throughout the game, experienced player's don't have to use them if they choose not to and new gamers to the franchise which would be expected with the release of MM3D would be able to seek help if they chose to. Having hints within the game is certainly more efficient for people who seek help as you won't have to go away from the game experience to look at a walkthrough Etc. Also you have to remember not everyone has internet connection.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Sheikah Stone just streamlines the process even more for people who want to take advantage of it. People who don't can ignore it. What's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with having in-game or out-game guides at all. Helping someone who needs help is totally fine. What I said, and I quote,
I truly prefer to hear stories of how it took a player X amount of time to figure it out, rather than X many times of trying till they finally gave into the stone.
I repeat: it's not that hints are bad, it's that I'd rather hear about someone figuring it out on their own instead of caving in. It's similar to using cheats for infinite health of something; I used them in Adventure of Link, but I don't like to tell people about it because...well it wasn't me beating the game.

EDIT: Here is DarkestLink putting what I want to say into words.
The reason it bugs me in particular is because it feels like these newbie gamers are never going to gain any independence.
Independence. Not that anyone NEEDS it, but I'd prefer if they did get it, or else find help the hARD way.

Last edited:
This sounds a little silly to me, is it really that detrimental to your playing experience wether or not in game help is provided or not, I mean what's next do you want the booklet to be removed from the game case as well. Seriously if people bragging about beating a game while using help bothers you that much than don't listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom