• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Change Their Mascot to Link or Keep Mario.

I

IlikeBacon

Definitely keep Mario. But Lui...errr... Link will always be #2!

The legend of zelda is right now the most hyped nintendo franchise . more gamers want to see zelda on the wii u rather then any nintendo game (evan more then mario). Zelda is also the most critically acclaimed game franchise in the history of gaming.
putting link as a mascot will also help introducing zelda to new games, so yes, i think that nintendo should change there mascot to link

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Mario is really the only contender for Nintendo's Mascot. Even people who don't play video games recognize 'Mario' whenever someone simply mentions 'Nintendo'. Link on the other hand, people still call him Zelda. Don't get me wrong, I luv Link, but Mario is just too big to be removed.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
As much as I love Zelda, Mario is staying. I mean, look at Zelda, and then look at Mario. The Zelda games are all a part of one series, centered around the same thing. The Mario games range from sports to platformers to side-scrollers to Opympic Games. Mario has seniority over Zelda and Mario is also a name known to virtually everyone. Mario out-bids Zelda, and that's unfortunate in the eyes of an avid Zelda fanatic. But, it is what it is.

C

chicken storm

It should be Mario. He has appeared in many Nintendo titles, and even in one of their very first titles: Dinkey Kong (although he was originally referred to as Jumpman and Daisy was referred to as Pauline).

Mario is recognizable with Nintendo, and corporates like Nintendo don't just change their mascot. Link, although pretty awesome, isn't synonymous with the Nintendo brand, and people confuse him all the time. Mario, on the other hand, is what Nintendo is. My parents, the least gaming people you'll meet, all know Mario as the "Nintendo Guy", and he'll stay that way for a long time.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
It should definitely stay as Mario for like all the reasons already stated. It would just be odd to change it to Link at this point, Mario has beent he face of Nintendo for so long. Plus, I think Mario is a better fit. Link only seems to find his way to certain genres of games (fighting, action, adventure, etc.) whereas Mario has been in these genres, plus like every other genre (an exaggeration, I'm sure, but it's still been a lot more). Mario is much more well-rounded in this sense, so everyone can relate to himm in some way, even if they dont' like him. Link.... not so much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
(although he was originally referred to as Jumpman and Daisy was referred to as Pauline).

I thought Peach was Pauline? Eventually though, Pauly was evolved into her own character (I think) with Mario vs Donkey Kong series.

F

fox534

ok i think it would be cool to have link but i dont want him all over like mario but they should capitalize more on link

It should stay Mario because of all video games, he is arguably the most famous in the world. Like GaroxIcon said, if you showed a picture of Link to someone they would say "Zelda." and "Who is that?" Yesterday one of my friends is entangled it the series now and is all "Is that thing on Link's hand a tatoo?" I said no and he asked many times before he had to go home. Mario, on the other hand is very famous compared to Link and is a great series. I can only think of two kinds of people who hate Mario: Hardcore Microsoft fanboys and Hardcore Sony fannboys.

Look at it this way, if someone who had never played a video game in their life saw a pic of Mario, they would more likely then not know exactly who he is. Link? Probably not as much. Zelda is a huge series in the video game map, but no other video game character is as much a part of pop culture as Mario. Whatever someone's personal opinion of him is, he is bigger then video games. Nintendo won't ever drop him as a mascot, and that's smart.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Stick with Mario. Mario was the first character created by Miyamoto. Then Miyamoto created Link. The Nintendo logo is obviously red instead of green. I love Link and Mario. I would stick with Mario. Although Link won for best character, but with Mario and Sonic. I think Nintendo stay with Mascot Mario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom