• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Change Their Mascot to Link or Keep Mario.

F

fox534

Ya linknerd i realized that it would be weird to have link and sonic at the olympic games

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Mario's an everyman.

Link is not.

Mario speaks to more people and he's already much more recognisable. Plus, his games are great and everyone knows that (not everyone knows that LoZ games are great, but they should).

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
As much as I prefer Link over Mario, I want Nintendo to stick with Mario. Because, like people have said, Mario is the character you think of when you think of Nintendo, he's more popular than Link (sadly,) and he's MUCH more talkative than Link is. Mario is the smart choice.

I think they should bring all the lesser mascots forward a bit. When there is a Nintendo commercial, show slightly less mario, and show everyone else, too. Mario would always be in the front, and get the most attention. But everyone else should get some more attention. Link gets more than most others, but Starfox, Kirby, Samus get less. And Pikmin/Animal crossing are relatively unknown to the mainstream nintendo fans.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I think Nintendo should have 2 Mascots. That way we would have more merchandise of Zelda I'm tired of seeing only Mario merchandise:mad: Whats wrong with Zelda Posters etc...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The thing about Zelda merchandise is, really only the 'hardcore' fans collect that stuff and there has got to be some sorta social stigma going around about it, whereas with Mario merchandise you can wear the hat in the general public and NOT be made fun of. It is all part of Mario simply being bigger than everyone else.

As much as I love the Zelda series, Nintendo should stick with Mario. Ask 20 people on the street what they think of when they hear "Nintendo", and I'm sure the majority will answer "Mario", whether they play video games or not. He's an icon. He is what got Nintendo started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom